Ratings for Dr. Mary J. Forbes

I am having some issues and was unsatisfied with my previous physician. After searching online for a well reviewed primary care physician I decided to schedule with Dr. Mary Forbes. I was extremely nervous about the appointment and brought an extensive list of unusual symptoms I'm experiencing. She quickly went over the TOP THREE with me because she didn't have the time to go over all of them. Yes, she actually said this to me. She glanced over my lab work for the last 2 years, ignoring several relevant things. She implied that I do not understand how my body reacts, referred me to a specialist, and sent me on my way. Her tone was condescending, and when I had a question about a potentially serious condition she brought up she brushed it off and told me the appointment was over, not explaining anything. I question the validity of all of these positive reviews. Perhaps this was an off day for her? I would how recommend Dr. Forbes, however her staff was great.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Forbes has been both my husband and I doctor for about 10 years. She is one of the best doctors you can every have. She never takes your health for granted and will move mountains to give you the right diagnosis so you can have the proper treatment. I hope she opens her own practic soon so that she can be our doctor again.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2010

Dr. Forbes has been my doctor for almost 18 years and I would go wherever she is to have her be my doctor! She is very compassionate as well as professional and knowledgeable. She reads medical journals constantly and is up-to-date on the very latest research. Takes a wellness approach and will recommend supplements as well as medicines!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2010

She has been my doctor for about 5 years. She takes the time to explain the diagnosis and treatment, recommends life style changes rather than just pushing pills (but gives you the option) and is friendly and easy to talk to. Her nurse, Becky, is efficient and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2008

Dr. Mary J. Forbes's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Benesys