Ratings for Dr. E.P. Skochylas

I absolutely think he is the best out there. Very knowledgeable and very kind..patient and listens to concerns. Hope I never have to change doctors!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Punctual, knowledgeable and eager to answer questions.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Skochylas for years. In my experience, he's good at what he does and very easy to talk to. After some horrendous experiences with ophthalmologists who were rude and arrogant, I was so happy to have found Dr. Skochylas.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I felt very comfortable with Dr Skochylas. His mannerisms were excellent. He was patient and kind and explained everything he did and why.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Rude, arrogant not helpful at all. Not sure why he is practicing.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

He knows his stuff but it's terribly rude to keep your patients waiting hours for an appointment when he sits in his office and does his paperwork. Why is his time more important than mine? Arrogant.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Temperamental. Rude at times. Barking orders at you like you are his subject. Shocking manners. Don't answer questions or return phone calls. Dishonest. Only after money. His training is in eyes but needs to make ends meet (only makes half a million a year, what a poor guy) by doing cosmetic procedures for spoiled rich women (botox injections).

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Having 2 corneal transplants, catarac surgery and now going thru a retina detachment with a very unhappy cornea. Dr. S is amazing, very patient, understanding, always on time or early. Getting me in for weekly appoinments with very little notice. Offering suggestions & trying to find the best solution. I would not trust my sight with anyone else.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

After waiting an extra 1 1/2hrs for my appt. Rudest man I have ever had the misfortune to ever meet came into the room, I had been dumped into. And yes I mean dumped, cause that's how I felt. He asked why I was there and I told him I couldn't see. He asked me why? What a dumb question. How would I know why? That's why I came to him. I told him I didn't know and he never looked at me he wrote on papers and not once in the 15 min with me did he examine my eyes. But he did tell me that there was nothing wrong with my eyes once he found out that I would be paying by my disability fund. It was then that the appt was immediately over. Abruptly and rudely. I asked him if I could bring my husband in so he could hear what he had just said and said, 'WHAT'S the point, just go home don't bother. After I left I cried for and hour over the way I mistreated. I would wish this on no one. I had to find an optomotrist, He found a stigmatism. I had problems.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Based on reviews I had read I was not certain what to expect from my appointment. I was totally impressed by Doctor Skochylas. I went to the office for an initial consultation. I had a number of specific questions after his diagnosis. He was very professional and explained everything to my satisfaction. He performed a minor surgical procedure for me immediately. He was very skillful in administering the local anesthetic and performing the surgery. The whole experience exceeded my every expectation. I would highly recommend Doctor Skochylas.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012