Ratings for Dr. Toni Rebic

Toni helped me to overcome a depression and I learnt that what I think affects my life. My life completely changed (for the very positive) after completing my therapy. She knows what she does and she's very good at it.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Short version: Toni is amazing and one of the best things to ever happen to me. Long version: II've been to many therapists since I was 31 and admitted I needed help, and they all helped me in some way, mostly by giving me insight into why I didn't understand my own feelings and behavior. After listening to my story in full (taking notes on her phone, which at first was offputting -- was she playing Angry Birds? -- but then I got used to it, because she proved later she was definitely paying close attention), she said something to me that made a huge difference: "You've got a lot of insight. That's good. But you don't need any more insight. You need better habits to turn those insights into good feelings, and you need to practice those habits. Luckily, that's exactly what I do." And she does. I feel like I've made much more progress in the last three months seeing Toni (and only once every three weeks, the rest of the time I practice the techniques she gives me) and going to her workshops than any other similar period of my life. Her prices are reasonable for a therapist, but on the high end of that spectrum -- but that's okay, with her technique, you don't need to see her as often or as long, she gives you the tools to do most of it yourself. The workshops, in groups, are lower priced, and there's one a month on Gratitude for $10. I'm a scientist, so I was kind of resistant to the idea of "vibrations" and "being in alignment" and her occasional misquoting of laws of physics when making an analogy, but that's okay, these are metaphors and they. just. work. I'm actually meditating every day, and the me of six months ago would spit out his coffee in laughter and shock to know that, but it really helps. I did not really know what meditation was or how it could help me, but Toni showed me the way. I still have a long way to go (I'm coming into this with some serious mental problems like PTSD and substance abuse), but for the first time in a long time I have hope. And unlike with some therapists where I felt "cured" after a while and then slid quickly back into self-defeating behavior, I know understand that, as Toni says, learning to feel good is like learning a new languauge -- you learn a bunch of new words all at once, and that's exciting, but you realize in order to actually speak it you need to practice it, every day (or almost), or you forget it quickly. With Toni's help I'm learning the language of learning to feel good about myself, and doing a realistic process every day to work towards that goal. Really, I cannot recommend Toni enough. In three months, I feel the effects of what I've learned from her every day, and they help me, a lot, every day. Yay Toni!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I first met Toni through The Power of Gratitude workshops, then the workshops, then therapy. I like Toni's emphasis on working on my thoughts to create my own happiness rather than focussing on outside things and people, which are out of my control. Since I started the workshops, I am more in the moment and self-supportive.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Toni est parfaitement bilingue. Je l'ai d'abord consultée en pratique privée. Son but est d'aider le patient à retrouver rapidement le bonheur et non pas d'échelonner inutilement la thérapie. Je la recommande fortement.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

You seem to come across as a great listener. I like that kind of cognitive approach. It gives me that feeling you are very well dedicated to your profession and your patients seems to appreciate what you've done for them. Giving them the power of positive reinforcements is truly inspiring and to me that really shows that chivalry is not dead, its dormant. All kidding aside, I hope you keep positive and follow Bobby McFarrin's advice "Don't Worry, Be Happy!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I first met Toni at one workshop I attended in which she was a presenter. I loved her no nonsense approach! As I consider myself to be very pragmatical, Toni's direct approach fits perfectly with my needs and my personality. I went to her practice a couple of times and then I started taking her workshops. And all has brought a lot of positive changes in my life, more self-acceptance, self-love and a new way to interpret what happens around me. I definitely recommend her!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I found Toni in this website when I was in a hard situation in my life. She helped me to come to the best solution in a short time. The thing I like about her is that she is direct and she changes the way you were looking at things. After I handled my issues, I started to go to her workshops and I've grown a lot since then. I feel like I'm a new person, stronger and energetic. I'm spontaneous and able to enjoy the moment. I feel like I met myself recently and I like me a lot :) Thanks to Toni. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I started with the workshop she gave last December about setting goals..and I continued ever since because I have found new ways of thinking and creating new patterns. I was finishing my mat leave and didn't particularly wanted to go back to work. I had left work overwhelmed. Taking those workshop helped me understand and be aware of my thinking patterns which in result helped me at work, now I feel great in my position. I love her approach and her energy. Very easy to understand the workshops as she uses drawings, to explain certain things. I have grown so much in the last six months taking the courses that I don't want to stop. Family and friends are asking me what I am doing and I am introducing them to what I learn and they are taking the workshops with me. We all see a difference in ourselves with Toni's approach. Strongly recommend her to everyone that is willing and ready to grow and take the next step in the life that they want to create.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Found Dr. Rebic to be insightful and compassionate. She helped me see patterns that started in childhood and have continued through my life.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I did not have an overall good impression. She did help me with a specific issue, and for that I'm thankful to her, but on later visits I felt very judged. No it is not because you are telling me what I don't want to hear, it is in your delivery. I found you to lack genuine warmth and compassion. This is just my 'personal' experience with this doctor. It does not discredit her qualifications in the field.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Dr. Toni Rebic

Dr. Toni Rebic's response
Trust that my reply is to help you see something you may not have noticed. You say that I've helped you and you will always be grateful, you also allude that the content was favourable, however you did not like how it was delivery. Well, "Two out of three ain't bad", as Meatloaf would sing, and yet you rated me 1/5 on helpfulness. So my question to you is: Where else in your life do you erase all the good and focus on what you don't like? This is exactly what creates unhappiness and depression, and is the reason I hold practically free monthly gratitude sessions - to encourage people to focus on what is a good for two hours without the interruption of negativity. We attract how we are trained to perceive. So it is so important to practice noticing what you like and to make that important. It would also have been more valuable for your development if you would have shared your feelings in session - we could have worked on your assertiveness and I also could have modified my approach to your needs. I hope you practice seeing the good. Best, Toni

Submitted May 15, 2016

Dr. Toni Rebic's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

M.A., Psychologist Founder of TrueSelf Psychology, a progressive behavioral modification system that promotes healing and development in clients; offers psychological services to individuals, couples and families Teacher of 7 different TrueSelf Development Workshops, head of monthly Gratitude classes, and head of the TrueSelf Community Facebook page Writer of reflective readings and videos to guide you to your true self

• English
  • French

• McGill University (Grad. 2004)

• Cognitive behavioral therapy