Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Toni Rebic

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, she's very effective at what she does if you let her - which is to change your thinking patterns. On the other, some things she said to me made me think she really needed to take a feminism 101 course. For example, when I told her about my troubles as a woman in a male-dominated field, she told me I "should laugh with the boys" and maybe "girls are just not interested in that" as if those two (problematic) thoughts had never occurred to me and tried to relate my experience to her having the nerve to open her practice facing LaSenza. Nevertheless, I got a lot better mentally in areas that were not related to my being a woman in STEM. I would recommend her to an older crowd with more traditional views.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr. Toni Rebic's response
Thanks for sharing your feedback and I'm glad you got meaningful results from our sessions. Yes, it's all about shifting mind patterns and replacing the hurtful ones with those that feel better and make you stronger. More than that, it’s also understanding that no one has control over your emotions but you - not the boys, not even me. As the feminist Eleanor Roosevelt famously said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." I would have much enjoyed a Feminist conversation with you as I've always been a staunch defender of women's equality, the underprivileged, and human rights. My dad even thought I would become a lawyer! Lol My door is always open should you care to have one

Submitted October 3, 2017

She is absolutely fantastic!!Been seeing her for 8 years with my wife to discuss marriage issues as well as various personal issues and always come out of her sessions feeling very positive. She is one of a kind!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Dr. Toni Rebic's response
Thank you very much for your trust in me! I so appreciate witnessing the growth that you’ve experienced in your couples’ journey and wish you many happy years together.

Submitted October 3, 2017

Toni helped me to overcome a depression and I learnt that what I think affects my life. My life completely changed (for the very positive) after completing my therapy. She knows what she does and she's very good at it.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr. Toni Rebic's response
I helped you help yourself. The power is (and always has been!) in you. And I’ve very proud of the time and investment you made in yourself.

Submitted October 3, 2017

Short version: Toni is amazing and one of the best things to ever happen to me. Long version: II've been to many therapists since I was 31 and admitted I needed help, and they all helped me in some way, mostly by giving me insight into why I didn't understand my own feelings and behavior. After listening to my story in full (taking notes on her phone, which at first was offputting -- was she playing Angry Birds? -- but then I got used to it, because she proved later she was definitely paying close attention), she said something to me that made a huge difference: "You've got a lot of insight. That's good. But you don't need any more insight. You need better habits to turn those insights into good feelings, and you need to practice those habits. Luckily, that's exactly what I do." And she does. I feel like I've made much more progress in the last three months seeing Toni (and only once every three weeks, the rest of the time I practice the techniques she gives me) and going to her workshops than any other similar period of my life. Her prices are reasonable for a therapist, but on the high end of that spectrum -- but that's okay, with her technique, you don't need to see her as often or as long, she gives you the tools to do most of it yourself. The workshops, in groups, are lower priced, and there's one a month on Gratitude for $10. I'm a scientist, so I was kind of resistant to the idea of "vibrations" and "being in alignment" and her occasional misquoting of laws of physics when making an analogy, but that's okay, these are metaphors and they. just. work. I'm actually meditating every day, and the me of six months ago would spit out his coffee in laughter and shock to know that, but it really helps. I did not really know what meditation was or how it could help me, but Toni showed me the way. I still have a long way to go (I'm coming into this with some serious mental problems like PTSD and substance abuse), but for the first time in a long time I have hope. And unlike with some therapists where I felt "cured" after a while and then slid quickly back into self-defeating behavior, I know understand that, as Toni says, learning to feel good is like learning a new languauge -- you learn a bunch of new words all at once, and that's exciting, but you realize in order to actually speak it you need to practice it, every day (or almost), or you forget it quickly. With Toni's help I'm learning the language of learning to feel good about myself, and doing a realistic process every day to work towards that goal. Really, I cannot recommend Toni enough. In three months, I feel the effects of what I've learned from her every day, and they help me, a lot, every day. Yay Toni!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Toni Rebic's response
Thank you for both the short and long version of your experience lol! I’m glad you understand that self-care is a language- it's clear that with practice, you have become more fluent in it. Keep it up! Life gets so much better when you decide you are worth it.

Submitted October 3, 2017

I first met Toni through The Power of Gratitude workshops, then the workshops, then therapy. I like Toni's emphasis on working on my thoughts to create my own happiness rather than focussing on outside things and people, which are out of my control. Since I started the workshops, I am more in the moment and self-supportive.

Dr. Toni Rebic's response
Living in the moment makes you powerful and more in control of your life. I’m glad you are focused on yourself. It’s the most caring thing you can do as not only does your life gets better, but everyone benefits from your happiness as well!

Submitted October 3, 2017

Toni est parfaitement bilingue. Je l'ai d'abord consultée en pratique privée. Son but est d'aider le patient à retrouver rapidement le bonheur et non pas d'échelonner inutilement la thérapie. Je la recommande fortement.

Dr. Toni Rebic's response
J'apprécie beaucoup ton commentaire et je te souhaite beaucoup de bonheur qui continue. Tu le merites!

Submitted October 3, 2017

You seem to come across as a great listener. I like that kind of cognitive approach. It gives me that feeling you are very well dedicated to your profession and your patients seems to appreciate what you've done for them. Giving them the power of positive reinforcements is truly inspiring and to me that really shows that chivalry is not dead, its dormant. All kidding aside, I hope you keep positive and follow Bobby McFarrin's advice "Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Dr. Toni Rebic's response
Funny - That's my dad’s favorite song! lol Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I do care. It matters to me that you learn to care about yourself and appreciate your life. Like a shining light, your success also spreads to everyone around you. Keep sparkling!

Submitted October 3, 2017

I first met Toni at one workshop I attended in which she was a presenter. I loved her no nonsense approach! As I consider myself to be very pragmatical, Toni's direct approach fits perfectly with my needs and my personality. I went to her practice a couple of times and then I started taking her workshops. And all has brought a lot of positive changes in my life, more self-acceptance, self-love and a new way to interpret what happens around me. I definitely recommend her!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I found Toni in this website when I was in a hard situation in my life. She helped me to come to the best solution in a short time. The thing I like about her is that she is direct and she changes the way you were looking at things. After I handled my issues, I started to go to her workshops and I've grown a lot since then. I feel like I'm a new person, stronger and energetic. I'm spontaneous and able to enjoy the moment. I feel like I met myself recently and I like me a lot :) Thanks to Toni. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I started with the workshop she gave last December about setting goals..and I continued ever since because I have found new ways of thinking and creating new patterns. I was finishing my mat leave and didn't particularly wanted to go back to work. I had left work overwhelmed. Taking those workshop helped me understand and be aware of my thinking patterns which in result helped me at work, now I feel great in my position. I love her approach and her energy. Very easy to understand the workshops as she uses drawings, to explain certain things. I have grown so much in the last six months taking the courses that I don't want to stop. Family and friends are asking me what I am doing and I am introducing them to what I learn and they are taking the workshops with me. We all see a difference in ourselves with Toni's approach. Strongly recommend her to everyone that is willing and ready to grow and take the next step in the life that they want to create.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Toni Rebic's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

M.A., Psychologist Founder of TrueSelf Psychology, a progressive behavioral modification system that promotes healing and development in clients; offers psychological services to individuals, couples and families Teacher of 7 different TrueSelf Development Workshops, head of monthly Gratitude classes, and head of the TrueSelf Community Facebook page Writer of reflective readings and videos to guide you to your true self

• English
  • French

• McGill University (Grad. 2004)

• Cognitive behavioral therapy