Ratings for Dr. Young A. Bui

WORST DOCTOR visit of all time. Kept me waiting for 45 min with no intention of ever seeing me. Then the completely inept assistant dragged me into a room and jammed a digital sensor halfway down my throats and made me choke. I had to get up and walk out. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

He is not good very rude and not helpful at all. and he thinks himself is the best in the world

Submitted April 18, 2015

The staff was friendly and helpful. The office is clean and quiet. Everything is digital from the patient history to the x-ray. The doctor was knowledgeable and pleasant. He answered all my questions and explained to me everything before he starts treatment. Very funny guy too. Would definitely come back if unfortunate enough to need another root canal.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I can not say enough about Dr. Bui. I called in extreme pain in the late afternoon and they were able to get me in the very next morning. When I arrived the staff was very polite and professional. Before he started the procedure I expressed my concerns about feeling any pain and he assured me I wouldn't and he would make me comfortable. Just like he said, everything went smoothly. Not only was it pain free, it was relatively quick. I also received a follow up call that evening to check on me. It's that kind of special touch that makes this doctor so amazing. FYI, this is my first time rating anything, EVER! I just felt he was so good I have to let others know.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

I read the reviews here before going to see Dr. Bui and was a little ambivalent.  I noticed that all the positive reviews are registered users whereas the negatives are not.  This made me question the validity of the negative reviews.  Well thank goodness I trusted the positive reviews and went to see him.  I had a failed root canal done by another endodontist and was highly recommended to see Dr. Bui.  The moment I entered the office, I was greeted by a friendly secretary and given a tablet to fill out my medical info.  This was pretty high tech.  Dr. Bui was friendly and caring.  He explained to me the problem and gave me a couple of options in regards to treatment.  His skill was amazing!  I did not feel any pain during the treatment and only had some minor aches afterward.  What surprises me was the phone call I received from Dr. Bui that evening to see how I was doing.  How great was that!  I would disregard those negative reviews and recommend that you go see him for yourself.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Umfortunately I did not check Dr. Bui reviews before I used him. My experience was awful. Dr. Bui does not explain anything and barely answers questions. He was neither friendly or unfriendly--almost like a robot. Very rude and unresponsive. There must be other endodentists in New York...find one.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

I just recently moved to the city from LA and was looking for specialists. Received a list from my dentist, and checked them on yelp and on ratemds too. When I got off the phone with Dr. Bui's office's receptionist, Martha, I immediately felt like I could trust him and his staff. I've had 3 root canals performed by my previous endodontist - one time he forgot to put a crown on one of them! Needless to say, had to switch and definitely had to make sure I found someone who knew what he was doing. During my first appointment, Dr. Bui spent time explaining what he recommended we do, listened to any complaints and concerns I had, and even cracked a few jokes to lighten up the atmosphere. He's not just a professional, he's a funny guy - and I appreciate how professionals can put you at ease. I guess I can see how his sense of humor might come across as insensitive, but I honestly think he's just being down-to-earth and realistic. Dr. Bui is a highly skilled and personable endodontist!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

Dr. Young Bui is an endodontist's endodontist. He is one of the most conscientious dentists I have ever known. His work is impeccable and his work ethic is beyond reproach. Those fearing "going to the dentist", rest assured that Dr. Bui will make you as comfortable as possible and the procedure is virtually painless. While root canals most often take a minimum of two visits, Dr. Bui usually completes them in one. Professional and businesslike, he also has a great understated sense of humor. I was so comfortable during my very first visit that I almost fell asleep in the chair. The entire staff are warm, welcoming, and helpful. Dr. Bui knows his stuff. He even calls you at home after a procedure, to see how you are feeling. That is RARE! Note: he moved 3 months ago to a new office location, so those of you that are having trouble locating him, RUN, don't walk to 30 East 40th St.(betw Mad/Park) and get those root canals done by the best in the business. Jody, Very Satisfied Patient

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

Do not listen to the previous negative comments if you don't want to miss out on a great endodontist who is caring and amazing. If you are concerned about him, then just go in for a consultation visit so you can see how he is. Ask him a lot of questions to see if he gets annoyed or refuses to answer them. That is exactly what I did and I was glad to have done so. He was very friendly and courteous. I asked him about those bad reviews and he said that those were patients who had financial issues with the other office where he used to work at. They would nick pick every little thing to bad mouth the dentist as payback. Also, he was not given a lot of time per patient so he was always in a rush. He told me that he's been getting all great reviews since he started his own office 3 months ago where he has more time to spend with the patients and interact with them. He did my root canal in one visit and it was painless. I'm coming back to see him for another root canal next week.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

Can't say enough good things - I had a tooth infection after a long business trip and Dr. Bui was able to fit me in on a Saturday, as my regular dentist does not have weekend office hours. He treated my infection and gave me my options (retreatment of the root canal or an implant) while answering some questions (many via email as I wanted to make sure I made an informed decision). After deciding to go for the retreatment option, Dr. Bui performed the procedure with minimal discomfort (and no pain!) and professionalism. Dr. Bui even called to make sure I was feeling okay and taking my antibiotics. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needed an endodontist.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013