Ratings for Dr. Milad Barsoum

I made a big mistake in trusting this doctor for a Vasectomy, he is not the right doctor to see for your next Vasectomy. He did a test that was not necessary for me but for his $. I should have contacted another doctor for referral.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

He is useless. Doesn't know what he's doing. We had a laboratory tests prior to going in his clinic for follow up check up. When we went there he said everything was fine and asked us for another laboratory tests and come back again after a month. How crazy was that. Would not recommend this doctor to anybody else. Only wants money.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

This urologist is completely useless. He hasn't solved the problem yet asks to come back for a follow-up every few months without even new testing or anything. He is just there to see you for 2 mins and bill OHIP. Terrible experience, go see anyone else but him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

very dirty, never washes hands from one patient to other, never uses gloves, only charges ohip, doesn't like to spend more than 3 mins.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

Tested my mom (age 83) for a urinary problem; said surgery was required to remove "something"; wanted to do the surgery the next day. I preferred a second opinion. He said it was essential that surgery be done immediately as my mom's life was at risk. Barsoum telephoned me, and my mom in her nursing home, four times over the next 12 hours "confirming" surgery the next morning. He said to me "if you do not bring her for surgery tomorrow you will be responsible for her death". I, and my mom, were very stressed but went to another doctor for a second opinion. The second opinion, the next day, at St. Mike's hospital, was that there was no reason to operate, mom just had an infection that would be fine with antibiotics. Barsoum telephoned again that afternoon again literally "demanding" that I bring her in for immediate surgery; when I told him about the second opinion he immediately hung up the telephone and I did not hear from him again. Barsoum should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

I when there because my family Dr. said that according to my age it would be good to check my prostate. This Dr, arrange an appointment in North York Hospital. When I ask him for what I have to go there he said he was going to perform an ultrasound, Ultrasound is not dangerous procedure, so I accepted. In the hospital he practice the ultrasound. Then I felt that something was going on through my penis, it was very fast, he practice a cystoscopy a very dangerous and invasive proceeder that I don't needed (I felt rapped after that). Side effects of this practice would be infections, damage of the bladder, reduction of urethra and so on. Two days after, I saw him and I corner him about the issue and his answer was that the cystoscopy was part of the ultrasound test. So a realized that this Dr, is a tricky guy. He is thinking only in money. In addition, according medical association he can't perform surgeries. Be careful with this $$$$$$$$$$$$guy, avoid him.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2012

This doctor is one of those types of "professionals" that you would think would have lost his license to practice a loooooong time ago. I have had recurring pain for 3 years that I could never get proper help with. MRI, UltraSound, etc. Nothing showed up. My GP came to the conclusion that I required a proper urological examination. I was sent to Mr. Barsoum. He felt around for a bit, assured me that I had to wait so that he could be sure what the issue was, and to take Motrin Extra Strength and return in 2 weeks... 2 weeks later, no exam performed whatsoever, he asked if I was playing any sports, and advised that I take Motrin again, and come back in 3 weeks. 3rd time is a charm, so I decided to go back one last time, and he did the exact same thing- except asking me to come back in 4 weeks. This doctor just wants you to swipe your Health Insurance Card and make money off your visit. If you've been referred to this doctor, don't waste your time. request that you be referred elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Some years ago, Dr. Barsoum performed an operation. I remained in pain for a while, as he scratched something internal during the operation. He scheduled me for follow-up appointments every 6 months, was regularly very late, and seemed more interested in filling out the forms(to get paid) than in how I was doing.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

I had kidney cancer and he operated on me. I am very happy and never had any problems with him or his staff. Very gentle and nice doctor. I could not believe the rating was so low.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

Would never recommend this doctor to no one. He is clueless and doesnt know how to treat a patient with severe pain.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010