Ratings for Dr. Arvind Kataria

I can't say enough about what a great dentist Dr. Kataria is. I struggled all of my life with anxieties about having dental work done but over the past 2 years and because of Dr. Kataria I have come a long way from feeling the anxiety that I used to feel. The dental work he has done with me is outstanding, I feel better &healthier and I am so happy to have him as my dentist. Thank You Dr. Kataria!! Jane W.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

After reading these comments about Dr. Kataria I was dumb founded. I have been seeing Dr. Kataria since he graduated from dentistry school. He is the most ethical dentist I have ever met, so much so that all my family go to him as well as numerous friends that I've referred. He is well mannered, well respected and a very caring individual. I find in particular his hygienists to be caring and genuine. Kudos to Jennifer & Adele and to the wonderful front office staff!! I would agree with some of the comments about the reminders but really its up to you to opt out of the reminders if you feel you don't need them. Truthfully if I was running a business I would want to ensure that patients come to their appointments and respect their appointment times. In 27 years of seeing Dr. Kataria I think he has only been late twice and that was a result of patient emergencies. Highly recommend seeing the best of the best!!!! On behalf of my children and parents - thank you! J. Plaha

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr. Kataria is an excellent dentist. I have had nothing but good experiences with him and his staff. He is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and I am satisfied with the service his office has provided to me over the past 20 years.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr Arvind Kataria and Oakville Dental has been our family dentist for over 20 years. We are continually impressed by the high level of professionalism and innovation at Oakville Dental. It is a very leading edge office as they are always introducing the latest technology as it applies to dental care. His staff is courteous and knowledgeable and the office runs like a well-oiled machine and all of our appointments have always been on time. My entire family has undergone many different treatments over the years and all have been successful. They are especially proficient at preventative care and will take the time to educate you on recommended procedures. The office is also spotless and has a very pleasant feel.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

I couldn't agree more with the precious comments. I had a terrible experience at Dr Kataria's Oakville location. I had a filling done and it fell out withing a month. Dr Kataria tried to get me to do unnecessary work (which I later learned from another dentist). He is definitely a very sneaky doctor and an unpleasant person. All he cares about money. His goal is to rip you off. Dr Kararia is the worst and the most unprofessional dentist that I've met. Avoid at all cost.

Submitted July 18, 2015

I was treated at this office so horribly that I must write a comment. There is so much politics and nonsense at this office it's insane. All they care about is money. They treat patients with fake smiles and he seems all so gentle and sweet yet he is super aggressive and sneaky. I have had horrible pain since the treatment. Never again. I think the nice comments must be written by his own family - AVOID!

Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr. Kataria and his staff are caring, competent and always show compassion to their patients. I have been a patient for many years and the Doctors and staff, many who have been at the clinic for many years are always very helpful, knowledgeable and pleasant. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kataria and Oakville Dental to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I had the worst experience with Dr. Kataria I came to Dr Kataria to get a filling done. After a check up I've been told that my problem is very serious and I need to get a root canal done. Dr Kataria told me that my situation is very serious and there is absolutely no way that I can solve a problem by getting a filling done. I've received a very high and overpriced estimate for a root canal and a crown. During our appointment Dr Kataria left the room twice to see other patients. He wasn't friendly and it was obvious that he was only interested in your money. I ended up booking an appointment for the procedure, but my intuition told me to get a second opinion. Another dentist was VERY surprised when she heard about me needing a root canal. All I had to do was a simple filling which I managed to got done without anesthesia. It's been a month and everything with my tooth is perfect, I don't have a dental coverage, so Dr. Kataria would have ripped me off a good $2000 -3000. This is a huge amount of money for someone who is a single mom. I am absolutely disgusted with this dentist. It's a shame that people like him are getting their licenses and in the end end up hurting and ripping people off. Not only I would lose a few thousands dollars, but I would also have to go through stress, unnecessary pain, take antibiotics, and time off work to attend these appointments. Shame on you, "Dr". Kataria.

Submitted August 28, 2014

I have been a patient at Oakville Dental for about three years and have met pretty much all the people there throughout my visits. My teeth were cleaned by all the hygienists, my fillings placed by Dr Kataria, my appointments booked and payments taken by the receptionists - all these with smiles, friendliness and professionalism. I was scrolling through the comments and came across some negative ones. I certainly empathize with the frustrations of those comments' owners, but here are some reality checks: dentistry is expensive (social problem, not a dental one), medical procedures sometimes fail (otherwise all disease and even death would be eradicated), dentists just like doctors can have different opinions(realistically, if a second opinion tells you exactly the opposite than the first one, then both doctors have 50% chance of being right.)For those who wonder, I am a bit above average dentally educated because my wife is a dentist and she referred me to Oakville Dental.

Submitted August 4, 2014

I visited this dental office to have my teeth cleaned by Lisa, one of the hygienists. I hate having my teeth cleaned because my gums are so sensitive, but Lisa was skillful; gentle yet effective. The dental assistant Shirley was helpful and friendly, and they both helped me feel relaxed throughout the process. All in all, I received a great cleaning and was out within the hour. I'm not huge on visiting the dentist overall, , but I can honestly say this was a pleasant and anxiety-free experience.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014