Dr. Navraj Heran

Ratings for Dr. Navraj Heran

I had L4-5 Posterior Instrumented Fusion with Decompression at Royal Columbian 8 weeks ago. Only 44 hours at the hospital and I am standing tall and walking !!!. No more squatting down every minute or few, no more sadness, no more hopelessness, no more pain that was controlling everything I was doing or could not do.I have been suffering from pain and pinching of nerves to my legs for 2 years. Now I feel almost like I am young again and the happiest lady in Canada! All thanks to Dr. Heran who with his magical hands changed my quality of life. I don't know how to thank him for that. If I will need another surgery on my C4-5 and/or C5-6, I would love to be in Dr. Heran's care again. I have the greatest trust. Thank you so much Dr. Heran.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

I was at a loss prior to August 2017 with visits to the pain clinic and informed I needed surgery. The Surgeon had informed me 4 years prior that all he could do was a fusion. After consulting with Dr. Heran it was clearly not the way to proceed. In August 2017 Dr.Heran proceeded with a laminectomy L3-4, and inter laminar decompression L2-3, L3-4 and L4-5. The procedure was done in Vancouver and my own doctor out of province removed the staples. My doctor had many questions only Dr. Heran could answer. Dr.Heran spoke with my doctor the same day. My own doctor called me in and removed the staples and related how impressed he was with Dr.Heran's knowledge and results. Dr.Heran and his staff responded quickly to my doctors inquiries. The results were positive. I definitely would recommend Dr.Heran.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

I highly recommend Dr Heran. I had L5S1 herniated disk that required surgery as the conservative treatment was not successful. Dr Heran was very honest and straightforward in describing the options I had and the risks but I decided to proceed with the surgery as the pain was really starting to impact my life. The surgery was scheduled very fast and Laura and the staff was very efficient and caring. The day of the surgery the medical staff made me feel safe in their hands and woke up from the general anesthesia with reassuring nurses that helped me in those delicate moments and in a short time I was going home. I am still recovering from the surgery and still suffering from long-term nerve damage caused by the herniation but the day of severe pain are over! Thanks Dr Heran

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

The interspinous device known as DIAM does work for discogenic pain , and well. I had it done two years ago for classic discogenic pain 3 years ago. I was told that nothing could be done for it. I’m glad I found Dr. Heran in the clinic. 30 years of life destroyed and now no more pain. Since the initial recovery post surgery. Thanks.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I went in yesterday for my L4L5, Dr Heran and his staff Laura, and nurse Jeff, set everything up and made things comfortable and quick. Had spinal surgery, went in for L4L5, Dr Heran ended up doing my L5S1 aswell. I’m walking the next day with just incision pain, they’ve given me all that I need in prescriptions and daily routines. I’m amazing at the professsionalism, care, support and knowledge of Dr Heran and False Creeks staff. After suffering through 4 years, 9 months and 21 days of an injury from a Wcb program, it took Dr Heran only a few hours to change my life, health and well-being. No longer have pain radiating down my left leg aswell. For anyone debating on going private I’d recommend it, I’d pay twice as much to have in my opinion the greatest doctor I’ve ever met work on me again. Best experience of my life and show enough gratitude for what Dr Heran has done for me and my life. He has given life and hope back.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Paid this Dr. for surgery in 2015, 8,000, was not treated well, the facility was good but not the Dr. went back 2 years after the surgery as I was still having pain, was told I needed an Inter Spine Spacer for 12,000. Went for a second opinion and found out that for discogenic back pain this DOES NOT WORK!! felt totally ripped off and taken advantage of. Would not recommend this Dr. especially for private care, just wants to rip you off once he knows you will pay!!

Submitted February 1, 2018

This was my second back surgery. First one was done 11 years ago, and was also done here at false creek. This surgery was the least painful, and by far the best as far as recovery so far. Had a spinal decompression done in 2 areas of my back, and like I said, went very well. I found Dr. Heran and staff very knowledgeable, answered all my questions, and were very helpful after surgery also. Would recommend anyone who needs this type of surgery to look here.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Incredibly knowledgeable. After a consultation and MRI review he was able to provide different approaches and likely pros/cons of each. I suffered from a severely herniated disc and he was able to resolve 98% of my sciatic pain with the procedure. Staff is wonderful to work with and very prompt on answering questions pre and post operation. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Dr. Heran and his staff were excellent! Personable,, prompt, and patient in responding to our many questions,sprinkled with good humour. Pre-surgery, my family members and I were warmly welcomed, and very comfortably attended to.. Post -surgery care was excellent as well.Most importantly, the surgery results were awesome. I golf and walk with no sciatic pain.....unheard of before the surgery! Highly recommend Dr.Heron and his team!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

A huge thank you to the staff and Dr, Heran . Everyone was very knowledgeable and efficient with appointments and surgery .

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018