Ratings for Dr. Navraj Heran

I am amazed by the quality of work performed by this doctor. I was in a car accident that led me to have a pinched sciatic nerve along with other conditions. The pinching of the nerve caused me to use a cane for many months, As a 31-year-old this was too much to bear, but after a visit with Dr. Heran I am up and walking again. This doctor understood my active lifestyle and did not recommend for me to have a fusion but rather to use a DIAM implant which provides much more flexibility. I highly recommend this doctor as he truly is an expert in his field.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

I had a brain hemorrhage and went to Langley Memorial Hospital. They told my wife there was nothing they could do, as it was too late. They told her after all I was in my 70s. My wife crying said I was just walking around Superstore and was fine. She also told the doctor 70 is not old. The doctor ended up calling Doctor Heron who told them to send me to New West Hospital immediately. Once there Doctor Heron operated on my brain and stopped the bleeding, as my skull was filled up with blood. He drilled a hole in my skull, as time was limited and repaired the ruptured artery and put in a stint. After recovering it took over a year to regain all my short term memory. I was one of the fortunate ones to have had him be available at the time of my injury. That was a few years ago. Today I am fully recovered and leading a very healthy life. Thank you Doctor Heron for my life. God sent you to help us in our needs and you didn't let him down. May he bless you and all the fine doctors for your generous devotion to humanity. Bruce Russell from Langley, BC

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

The Doctor casually chats with receptionists after coming in 15 minutes later than the first appointment. Doctor is difficult to speak to because he asks vague questions, and becomes visibly irritated when they are not answered in the way he intended. I'm sure he's a skilled surgeon, but he comes off quite arrogant and appears to have an entitled attitude.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

As a surgeon he is fantastic. His communication skills leave a little to be desired. I felt rushed every time I talked to him. There were several questions that remained unasked because I felt like I was bothering him. However if I needed surgery again I would have absolutely no qualms in returning to him. The rest of the staff (particularly Laura)and the clinic are truly wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I had undergone Bilateral Discectomy and DIAM put at 2 levels of my back. I had suffered for years with sciatic nerve pain, and had lost feeling in my leg. Thanks to Dr, Heran, the surgery was a success and I was able to get 95% of my feeling back. Its been 5 months and I am able to enjoy playing with my 3 young children again!! I am able to walk and do the activities i enjoy with very minimal pain. I have a few active rehab sessions left and I feel optimistic the rest of my nerve damage can come back! Thank you Dr. Heran. I would highly recommend him as well as there staff! Thank you for letting me be able to live my life again!!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr. Heran has performed surgery on me twice due to having two brain aneurysms. I should have died after the first one ruptured as I didn't go to the hospital until 30-36 hours later. He told me I was his miracle, as not only did I live, but I have fully recovered except for my short term memory and blocks of time growing up are gone. The second one was same operation, only as day surgery!! Definitely my go to Dr. for anything to do with my brain.😂

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Heran saved my mother's life! She had a very rare condition called embolization of dural fistula. It is a very dangerous condition and, , if left untreated will damage the eye and brain. Dr. Heran is one of the only two neurosurgeons who can treated it in B.C. He completed the surgery successfully and my mother is on her way to a full recovery. We are very thankful to Dr. Heran and would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

I had a bulged disc towards the belly. I had the DIAM insert put in. The first comment the wife said to me, after the op, was that i looked taller. I had been hunched over for a year with sciatic nerve pain. I am an avid golfer and was able to start fully swinging in June after the operation in January. It changed and helped my posture so much i had to relearn how to swing a club. I am gratefully to be able to walk and enjoy activities with no pain. The staff and Doctor where exceptional. I would highly recommend Dr. Heran and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Was really good to me. Problem fully fixed. Had the Diam device from Medtronic placed for my socalled discogenic backpain. I had pain for 16 yrs, worse every yr. Now, 1 yr out, am still pain free. Thank you Dr Heran.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr Heran saved my dads life. Angio done on his basilar artery that was 99% blocked. Everyone was amazed dad wasn't already dead. My dad was able to go home 24 hours later. Amazing! Dad is doing fabulously! This man is straight to the point as well as caring. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017