Ratings for Dr. Navraj Heran

I found him to be the oposite of very rude. He did have compassion. He would address my questions. We understood my options. My spouse was just as enamoured. I really hope this guy keep winning respect as a good surgeon, because his people skills ae great. I left in tears of joy, feeling cared for and listened to.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

I am a 73 year old female which severe multi-level spinal stenosis. My condition has worsened over time and eventually resulted in pinched nerves in the lumbar region. I was in severe pain for almost 2 years, with very limited mobility. Since I reside in Ontario the treatment would have been open back surgery with multi-level fusion. In my case the surgery was denied because of high risks and uncertain outcome. Instead I was treated with ever increasing doses of Hydromorphone and Gabapentin. My family doctor encouraged me to look elsewhere for a solution. I found out about Dr. Heran from a friend. I was impressed when I met him, impressed with the way he explained where my major issues were and what he could do for me. After surgery I was able to fly back home within 4 days and within 2 weeks there was no more pain and I could walk and drive again. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Heran, he is an awsome surgeon and I want to thank him for giving me my life back. Thanks also to the staff, nurses and especially Laura, the surgical co-ordinator.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

In 2012 I started having numbness in my hands and weakness in my legs that would cause me to frequently lose my balance and fall down while simply walking. I was eventually diagnosed with several herniated discs in my neck and one was pinching on a nerve in my spinal column. Dr. Heran operated on me and after scraping out my disc he put in a titanium plate. After the operation he said my neck was a mess when he began the operation. Now, over four years later I believe I have recovered about 80% of my functionality that was affected by the herniated disc and recently was able to participate in a Canadian National championship lawn bowling tournament. I firmly believed that I was slowly coming close to becoming and invalid before the operation but due to Dr. Heran's skill I am almost back to normal and have a great deal of gratitude for the quality of life that he has given me. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I was diagnosed with a menginoma brain tumour and was referred to Dr. Heran. I can't say enough great things about this doctor. From my initial appointment Dr. Heran explained everything in terms that I could understand and was compassionate and caring. He preformed my surgery at RCH with minimal invasiveness and I believe that due to his skill and brilliance I am recovering better than I imagined. I was so forunate to have him as my surgeon. I can't imagine having any other doctor perform brain surgery on me than Dr. Heran. If you are ever referred to him, count your blessings because you are in the hands on the best neurosurgeon. Post surgery I went home the next day with a small incision behind my left ear. He didn't shave the entire side of my head like other surgeons do but only removed what he needed, that meant a great deal to me in my recovery period. My family and I are so grateful to this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Excellent experience. No concerns at all. Surgery went well. Very well.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

I had a condition that not many adults ever get. I had hydroecephlis I was rushed to the RCH in new westminster. The neurosurgeon that handled my treatment put in a too small pump and shunt because I was an adult I out grew the pump every year finally I put my foot down I was tired of being so sick I refused treatment from the doctor that put in the shunt. I had a major infection from the shunt that infected everything in my stomach my savior came into my life and told me I didn't a shunt Snice that day I have been shunt free - no pressure, no headaches nothing it is the greatest thing that any doctor did for me. I would highly recommend Dr Heran he has his finger on everything that is correct for that specific patient. For me not having a shunt is the best thing for me one less thing to go wrong.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

My husband had been having pain in his lower back and was numb from breast line to knees for a few months and finally his family Dr sent him to the ER. We had an emergency MRI and that's where we found out his C6 & C7 were bulged. Meet with Dr. Heran and went through the 2 possiable procedures that he will need. Dr Heran explained everything was very honest spoke to us with words that we would understand. Absolutely amazing people skills. Dr. Heran does his job very well. We were very blessed to have been given him as my husbands surgeon. Thank you for everything.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr Heran was a god send. After years of pain and loss of feeling my life was on hold. Once I recieved the referral that all changed. He was thorough and took the time to explain my problem and the best resolution. By the time my surgery date arrived I wasn't sleeping more than a few hours at a time due to pain, had dropped all work and sports and had litthe activity at all. The surgery was a switched that had be flipped. I now have full felling and use of my arms for the first time in years. I had next to no pain after the procedure and a scar so small it's incredible. After only 5 weeks I was working and living life normally and pain free for the first time in years. Thank you to Dr Heran, his staff, the nurses and all the professionals at the hospital for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

After waiting 9 months for surgery in Victoria and then being told it would be another 18 months, I heard about Dr Heran. I sent some of my medical history and he agreed to see me. I was to the point that it was all I could do to walk. He offered to do the required surgery within a short period of time. Since that surgery I have been walking a few kms each day. I have nothing but the utmost praise for Dr Heran and his staff, particularly his Patient Care Coordinator who has been extremely helpful with all the administration for my case.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

He save my husband life. He was diagnosed with aneurysm. He was referred to Dr. Heran when he was hospitalized in RCH. I have never been so relieved that the surgery went very well. He recovered so fast and you can't even see he had surgery in his head. The result is so clean and heals fast. My husband is back to normal like he didn't have a brain surgery. I'm very thankful for him for saving my husband life and given him a chance to live a long life. I highly recommend him. Thank you thank you again

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016