Ratings for Dr. Navraj Heran

Billed $9,000 for a missed appt. I call, well you know on that one. I have had 2 surgeries in the past 2 years with Dr. Heran, best surgeon ever. The last being December 5th, 2016. He was extremely sympathetic towards my stress going in to the operating room and completely calmed me down. His compassion is bar none as are his exemplary skills. Cervical Surgery & Lumbar Decompression with pretty much zero scaring. This man does not do the surgery if not absolutely necessary. The compassion, professionalism and easy going persona of this man is by far the most outstanding medical care I could ever have received. If I was ever to need surgery again I would request to see Dr. Heran over any other surgeon and gladly wait as he is very well recommended and sought after in his field. I would however like to thank you for the 1 star you managed to pull out of your hat cause I give YOU a 5 star for a load of garbage. Carry on Dr. Heran and never let this kind of Kangaroo review affect you. The 100's or thousands of patients you have helped to carry on and finally live a full life again far out way, this joke of a comment and their healing is the true testament to your outstanding character. I have been blessed to have you as my surgeon and with my health and my life .

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Do not use this doctor. I recently had an appointment sceduled with him and was unable to attend because of a bad bout of the flu. He has sent me a bill for cancelation for $9000.00 ! NOT IMPRESSED

Submitted January 16, 2017

I had my surgery with Dr Heran on Nov 19th 2016, it will be 5 weeks on Saturday ,with this procedure on my L 3/4 and fusion on my L 4/5 using the aurioa zip ,I am so pleased with my results, my sciatica issues seem to have cleared up and I am starting to feel some tingling in my 'dead leg' where the nerves were pinched off .This gives me hope that I may get some feeling back in my leg and spend less time on the ground from falling😀. I look forward to making more progress as my 6 month recovery unfolds.Thank you to Dr Heran and the team at false creek.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Dr Heran, he is a great surgeon and I want to thank him for giving me my life back. Thanks also to Cathy

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Initial consultation was well worth the $675 fee. Punctual - no wait. Very focused and fully informative. Learned more in 40 minutes than I did in 2 yrs from my MD and my Neurosurgeon in Victoria BC. Did my discectomy and fusion (neck) a few weeks later and two months later I was playing (walking) 18 holes of golf 3 times a week. Recovery was excellent from the start. 6 week follow up was punctual and informative. Very professional and positive staff - start to finish.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

what to say... they told me after stroke I will never walk, talk and dr Heran made for me to walk, talk, smile, even start to build future.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I found him to be the oposite of very rude. He did have compassion. He would address my questions. We understood my options. My spouse was just as enamoured. I really hope this guy keep winning respect as a good surgeon, because his people skills ae great. I left in tears of joy, feeling cared for and listened to.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

I am a 73 year old female which severe multi-level spinal stenosis. My condition has worsened over time and eventually resulted in pinched nerves in the lumbar region. I was in severe pain for almost 2 years, with very limited mobility. Since I reside in Ontario the treatment would have been open back surgery with multi-level fusion. In my case the surgery was denied because of high risks and uncertain outcome. Instead I was treated with ever increasing doses of Hydromorphone and Gabapentin. My family doctor encouraged me to look elsewhere for a solution. I found out about Dr. Heran from a friend. I was impressed when I met him, impressed with the way he explained where my major issues were and what he could do for me. After surgery I was able to fly back home within 4 days and within 2 weeks there was no more pain and I could walk and drive again. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Heran, he is an awsome surgeon and I want to thank him for giving me my life back. Thanks also to the staff, nurses and especially Laura, the surgical co-ordinator.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

In 2012 I started having numbness in my hands and weakness in my legs that would cause me to frequently lose my balance and fall down while simply walking. I was eventually diagnosed with several herniated discs in my neck and one was pinching on a nerve in my spinal column. Dr. Heran operated on me and after scraping out my disc he put in a titanium plate. After the operation he said my neck was a mess when he began the operation. Now, over four years later I believe I have recovered about 80% of my functionality that was affected by the herniated disc and recently was able to participate in a Canadian National championship lawn bowling tournament. I firmly believed that I was slowly coming close to becoming and invalid before the operation but due to Dr. Heran's skill I am almost back to normal and have a great deal of gratitude for the quality of life that he has given me. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I was diagnosed with a menginoma brain tumour and was referred to Dr. Heran. I can't say enough great things about this doctor. From my initial appointment Dr. Heran explained everything in terms that I could understand and was compassionate and caring. He preformed my surgery at RCH with minimal invasiveness and I believe that due to his skill and brilliance I am recovering better than I imagined. I was so forunate to have him as my surgeon. I can't imagine having any other doctor perform brain surgery on me than Dr. Heran. If you are ever referred to him, count your blessings because you are in the hands on the best neurosurgeon. Post surgery I went home the next day with a small incision behind my left ear. He didn't shave the entire side of my head like other surgeons do but only removed what he needed, that meant a great deal to me in my recovery period. My family and I are so grateful to this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016