You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Navraj Heran

My appointment with Dr. Heran was a complete waste of time!!! He said he couldn't help me but went on and on about procedures that could be done in the US and throwing out figures ranging between $3,000 and $30,000 US. He then looked at me and said "I didn't cause your pain". He basically told me that I have a problem with my SI joint but never performed a physical exam on me, how does that work??? He told me to go back to the pain clinic for nerve block and or nerve ablation. Both procedures have been done with little success. I will be asking my GP to refer me to a Neurosurgeon that is actually interested in helping me.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr. Heran has skilled hands. But if he'd operated when my brain tumour was first discovered, instead of waiting two and a half more months for a second MRI, I might not be going through radiation and chemotherapy treatment at the Cancer Clinicm with no guarantee of success.

Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. Heran is excellent! He is the reason I am a happy health individual. He is polite, understanding and listens to your concerns. Had I not met him I can say that my quality of life would not be the same. I will forever be grateful for the surgery he did on me. I would recommend him to anyone he is the best!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Dr Heran is the best I owe him my life.. no more headaches no more loss of balance and little back pain. He was nothing but polite to me and very informative.. I would recommend him to everyone. I cant say thank you enough

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

My experiences with Dr. Heran have been wonderful. I have had 4 brain surgeries and feel like he has done such a good job each time. As for manners, always polite and empathetic. Has always included anyone with me In the conversation. I have great admiration for him and trust him with my life..

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Terrible experience. Very bad results out of surgery. Pushed me to do the surgery without giving me proper information that I could wait. Very bad attitude towards getting second opinion. Overall experience , awful.

Submitted April 30, 2015

I waited over a year to see him and I have had chronic headaches and now shooting pains down the arms with numbness and tingling. First off, this guy has no manners whatsoever. Could not be bothered to introduce himself to me or wife and child. Secondly, he could not get me out fast enough. I was left feeling like I was a waste of his time, when truthfully he was wasting mine. To paraphrase, "I don't see an easy fix here and I don't feel like wasting my time in taking on a difficult case. I'm sending you to someone else. Bye." Less then 4 minutes and I was out the door. I hadn't even left the room when he was already bringing another patient in. My wife an I were in such a shock that we were at a total loss for words. This guy didn't become a doctor to help people. This idiot became a doctor for $$$$$$$$$ My appointment lasted LESS THEN 4 MINUTES. UNREAL.

Submitted April 29, 2015

I'm glad I didn't read the bad reviews here before my surgery. Although I felt he could have given me more time to explain follow up after my surgery my surgery went really well and I'm healing really fast! I had it a few days ago and am home. The first surgeon I saw..Dr. Matishak who is the top neurosurgeon in BC spoke to me before surgery and told me he personally trained Dr. Heran and he is confident that Heran's skill level with coil surgery is tops and Matishak was confident to refer me to him. I believe he was right. Again maybe more time afterwards to inform me of the steps etc ..but at the same time I realize during my surgery they had an overflow of surgeries and the surgeons were performing surgeries all day. They were overloaded that day. It was a marathon for them. So I understand, and the nurses inquired to him for me and I got the info I needed right away. He could improve on that, but the most important aspect 'his skill' definately is there.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr Heran, was late as he was called to ER.If that was me in ER, I would have wanted him too. So I can completely forgive the punctuality issues. He is an incredibly skilled surgeon and concurrent in research and theory. I found him pleasant,attentive and felt he really heard me. He is a rare talent in the field.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Navraj Heran's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "My appointment with Dr. Heran was a complete waste of time!!! He said he couldn't help me but went on and on about procedures that could be done in the US and ..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Heran has skilled hands. But if he'd operated when my brain tumour was first discovered, instead of waiting two and a half more months for a second MRI, I m..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Heran is excellent! He is the reason I am a happy health individual. He is polite, understanding and listens to your concerns. Had I not met him I can say ..."

August 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Heran is the best I owe him my life.. no more headaches no more loss of balance and little back pain. He was nothing but polite to me and very informative....."

July 8, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://fraserhealthneurosurgery.com" to "http://www.asc-vancouver.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "V3L0" to "V6Z 2C7". Address has been updated from "None" to "7th Floor – 1200 Burrard Street, Vancouver". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16046696181".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "My experiences with Dr. Heran have been wonderful. I have had 4 brain surgeries and feel like he has done such a good job each time. As for manners, always po..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible experience. Very bad results out of surgery. Pushed me to do the surgery without giving me proper information that I could wait. Very bad attitude towa..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I waited over a year to see him and I have had chronic headaches and now shooting pains down the arms with numbness and tingling. First off, this guy has no..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm glad I didn't read the bad reviews here before my surgery. Although I felt he could have given me more time to explain follow up after my surgery my surger..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "worst doctor ever in my opinion. my surgery's result shocks my other surgeons. Terrible experience."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Heran, was late as he was called to ER.If that was me in ER, I would have wanted him too. So I can completely forgive the punctuality issues. He is an incred..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He seemed more concerned with telling us how many of these procedures he'd performed as opposed to assuring me about my own situation. The appointment was too b..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Possibly the most bizarre appointment I have ever had with a doctor - began with a few questions, followed by about 5 movement test after which he told me there..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "If he makes you wait two hours it because he's saving someone's life. If you don't like that, go elsewear. This man is a genius. He saves people that others hav..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was fortunate to land in RCH when Dr Heran was on duty . I had been told I had a mass on my brain and because I had already had surgery for breast cancer, th..."

September 16, 2014