Ratings for Dr. Nelly Ng

I've been seeing Dr.Ng since I was no longer able to see my paediatrician. The wait times to see her are horrendous. I would call in to ask how many people are ahead of me to try and not have to wait at the office but I'd always be lied to and end up waiting for over 3 hours anyways. One time I called and asked as I was at a client's office and the receptionist say to come at my scheduled time. I asked if I was going to be seen on time or would have to wait and the only answer she gave me was she doesn't know. I ended up having to move my appointment, which by the way I had waited 6 months for, to another date 3 months later. I've also needed her to send a referral once and that wasn't even done properly. Instead the other doctor received my bloodwork twice. I had to physically go into the office to request for a copy of the referral myself, but it ended up costing me valuable time. I would suggest going and finding a different GP.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

My family have been seeing her for 20 years. All the comments are below are true. 3 hour plus wait time. lack of follow up for reports/referrals. The wait is ridiculous, but fine, that's not a deal breaker. What gets me is the lack of effort and care. I had a pap done and she told me I may be charged a fee. The common practice for her is, if you don't get a call back from them, assume things are normal. After 6 months, and i even got a letter from the gov thanking me for doing a pap test, I called them to see if there's any outstanding payment I need to make for the lab test. Only at that point they realize they don't have my lab results, and asked ME to call them to follow up and send it to them. On another occasion, I found out I was pregnant. There was a lot of issues for them to reach the OB... I had to call many times myself because the doctor's office will not follow up with you. In the end I had a super late appointment date, and all the early pregnancy tests that I need to be done had to be done with Dr. Ng, they dont know how to do these tests/ultrasounds... I had to beg the OB to try to get me in earlier cause my GP clearly don't know what they were doing. In the end I was lucky and got squeezed in with the OB just before 12 weeks.. but unfortunately I had a missed miscarriage. During all that time, I had ZERO care from Dr. Ng. All i got was a call from the receptionist that told me to buy vitamins, but if they check my file they should know I was already taking some. Finally, recently, my aunt been having pain around her arm. She saw Dr Ng, and she just told her its due to starring at the computer and typing. But my aunt is retired, it's not from work. Then she saw Dr. Ng again, only then did Dr Ng realized she closed my aunt's file without carefully looking at her Xray results, which showed her bones were deteriorating. All that pain, all that time, because the Dr have failed to properly assess her paitient's files. all in all horrible. I been looking for a new dr for awhile now, I suggest you all should too. I feel like they have too many patients and prefer people to leave anyways.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Long wait time and terrible with follow up. My mom had her blood work done 6 months ago and apparently, her blood sugar has been high. Dr.Ng has failed to follow up with her regarding this. My mom only found out when she received a phone call from a diabetes education centre that received a referral from Dr.Ng. My mom had no knowledge of this, and the whole situation has been a shock to her. Now that my mom requested a copy of her lab report, the office is charging her $15... she is being charged to find out more about her health when Dr.Ng did not do her due diligence in the first place. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Long wait times. A got an abnormal PAP but the staff did not do proper follow up with me and I didn't find it about this until two years later. Waste of time waiting to see her in my opinion.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

They only know one word: wait, my brother has a minor stroke and has to wait for a month just to do a body check up

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Any illness I told her and she always said ok no problem! After I've seen another doctor and found out that I had a big problem! And also the waiting time is 3 hours or up. Worse doctor in Toronto!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Worst doctor ever, waiting time is about 2-3 hours for 5 -10 mins appointment. She told me everything was normal after doing an annual check up. Six months after, I requested her to refer me to a gynecologist. My results were sent to this doctor and I found out that I had bad cells that could be develop as cancer if it is not diagnosed on time. I will not see her ever again.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Horrible bedside manner. She used to be nice, now she just rushes through appointments & talks to you in a judgmental, condescending tone. Do yourself a favor & find yourself a better GP.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

service is poor, 2.5 hr wait time. doesn't elaborate on your report results.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE & FIND A BETTER DOCTOR! Horrible wait times, horrible staff who never picks up the phone & a doctor who hides in her office to do who knows what while her patients wait for hours. It's ridiculous & unacceptable.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014