Ratings for Dr. Joseph F. Waling

30 years ago I was sent to Dr Waling for a neck injury. After visits with orthopedic, neurological doctors and others he was the doctor who performed a procedure on me which has left me pain free in my neck for all these years. Almost 3 years ago an accident has literally turned my life upside down. After surgery which was well done, a long course of PT I have still been receiving chronic pain and developed CRPS. It was recommended to me to see a pain management specialist and of course there was no one else that I would go back to than Dr Waling who worked miracles on me 30 years ago. Yesterday I went for my first procedure, and I can even believe how I felt after and today! Even my seemingly frozen toes are warm today and the injection site is pain free. Pain in my ankle where my injury is, is so much better today too. Once again this compassionate, kind man who also has to be the BEST doctor in the world has gained my complete confidence that he can help me get back to living a quality life. I don't ask to ever be totally pain free but to be able to function with bearable pain is so important. Thank you Dr Waling for all you do and all you are. God certainly put you where you need to be and I am so blessed to have you as my doctor and friend! Barbara Santora!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I was a cash customer and then got insurance,told staff at check in and asked if they need to see card.They said no because they are on the same system as my family Dostor and they already have it in the system.Apparently they couldn't get it right.We contacted their billing company which is a joke can't reach a real person and have to leave messages.They didn't bill my insurance company they cut my pain meds off when I called for a refill.Got a pathetic letter terminating further treatment from the Doctor.Hello! Doctor Waling you and your staff failed again.For as the comment you made about mutual confidence and cooperation practice what you preach.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

I have seen other chronic pain doctors and Dr. Waling makes them look like fools. He has a very caring personality and extremely knowledgable in his ability to assist me.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

Dr Waling is Awesome.. he is so caring and considerate. His nurses are great with the exception of one. all the staff in the procedure room were caring and very nice. His nurses do not control him by any means.. he is the one in charge. he has helped me greatly control and manage my pain, if you suffer from pain constantly you cant expect to be totally pain free, but it can be greatly managed so that you can function productivly. He is a great doctor. so glad i was sent to him.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Doctor seems knowledgable and spent a fair amount of time with me. Medications he provided were not helpful though and very powerful drugs. In addition, his nursing staff is extremely rude and unprofessional. They talked negatively about patients including myself right outside my door. I left crying.It is very difficult to actually speak with someone on the phone and they are bad at returning phone calls.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

I agree with the previous posts. Dr. Waling does appear to know his anatomy and related terms. He fails to provide true pain management and does indeed allow his nurse to control him and his office. He use to spend a great deal of time with his patients but that is no longer true. Your family dr. can provide as much if not more needed help.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Dr Waling has been a Godsend to my husband who had been in pain for a long time. He is a kind, gentle and compasionate Physician, and you do not find that very often. I also work with many doctors at a clinic, and I have never seen a better bedside manner. He seems to be very knowledgeable and is also very thorough. He is Awsome!!!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

Dr. Waling is extremely knowledgeable in physical anatomy, joint, tendon, muscle and nerve physiology and injury. Unlike most specialists, his bedside manner is impecable. He cares as much for the comfort of his patients as their favorable treatment and beneficial and long-lasting result of treatment. He is an outstanding physician.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

I had to wait for the doctor almost an hour and all he did was write prescriptions. I was concerned about area where I was experiencing pain and kept asking him what it was or causing it and he just ignored me repeatedly. Waste of my time and money. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

Dr. Joseph F. Waling's Credentials

• Univ Cetec, Sch Of Med, Santo Domingo, Dom Rep (Closed 1984) (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Newburgh, IN