Ratings for Dr. JOHN D. Littlejohn

Dr. Littlejohn assisted me through a very difficult pregnancy. I had struggled 12 years to get pregnant only to find out my baby had Trisomy 18. He was encouraging, supportive, and there for me every step of the way. There are few doctors around that truly care about and know their patient. I would recommend anyone to him. I am devastated that he closed his private practice but understand the sacrifices doctors make to care of us. And we must all remember they are human beings that attempt to do the extraordinary every day. I am so thankful to have had Dr. Littlejohn by my side as carried my son.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

After arriving late for the procedure, this butcher (aka doctor) performed a laparoscopic endometrial surgery in the outpatient surgery facility and passed out during the procedure causing the laser to burn through my uterine wall, etc. As I hemorrhaged and was kept under anesthesia for 30 minutes until waited for another surgeon to repair the damage. I was never given and explanation or an apology for this fiasco. I would NEVER EVER recommend this guy to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

That man was so rude. He acted like We did not matter. And we were a waste of his time. Then when he could not get the afterbirth out. He was upset And made my fiance feel horrible Like she was doing something wrong and she was in so much pain.. He wanted to have the surgery in the bedroom Or the Hospital room.. I had two children before this and my fiance had one.. Worst experience ever.. It seems like He is very judgemental and doesn't like his job anymore Or something... Bottom line he is very rude and unprofessional.jerk

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

He is the rudest doctor I've ever met you wait too long to see him and my daughter had a baby and he didn't do a very good job my daughter almost bled to death and he had to do a hysterectomy on her

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

I had both of my children through his practice though I requested the midwives throughout and both pregnancies and deliveries were incredible and wondeful experiences. But last year I started having problems and had to be seen by the dr himself. After testing I was told I had uterine fibroids and we decided hysterectomy was the best solution. My diagnosis turned out to be wrong and there were no fibroids. My post op check ups were harsh. He was rough and seemed to have no remorse or care of the pain he inflicted. I had complications after my surgery and at a check up for it he cut and cauterized the scar tissue attached to my vaginal cuff with no anesthetic or warning. I almost passed out from the pain and couldn't move for at least 5 minutes the pain was so bad and could barely function the remainder of the day. Now 8 months post op, I still have some issues with pain and bleeding but I have sworn not to go back to him. I will go to another dr if I ever regain the courage.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

Dr.Littlejohn was very nice and tries to accomodate to your requests. i was gestational diabetic during my pregnancy and he let me control my blood sugars with diet rather than make me take insulin needles everyday...the only complaint I had is that he has so many appointments that he seems like he tries to hurry through each appointment and it is hard to get your questions answered...however, he delivered my baby at the Altoona Hospital and everything went great. The secretaries on the other hand are not very polite, and hardly ever have a smile on their face. they make you feel like you are a bother to them.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

I had been experiencing abnormal uterine bleeding and had to have testing and a hysterectomy. He was very polite and explained to me fully what was going to happen. He visited me in the hospital after surgery, and talked to my husband and mother while I was recovering from anesthesia. Since then, I have gone to him for all my gynecological needs. His staff, including the midwives are also very polite, patient, and kind.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

when I started at HB+ I chose to see a midwife the mid wife (Donna Ogg) was very wonderful! I had some complications and both the midwife and I decided to switch me to see DR. LittleJohn full time he was a little behind on seeing me on time w/my appts but the office is very busy (he was in office just with other ppl) however he was always wonderful with me as well he was always willing to talk about any questions , concerns , problems or talk in general his exams at the end were a little rough but they werent that bad he also delivered my baby via c-section after working with me and respecting my wishes for a natural birth as long as he could allow he was very respectful when working with my birthing plans as well my c-section went very smoothly and i had a quick and easy recovery with no complications..I will be using him and his widwife w/my next pregnancy as well!! also his other nurses were also wonderful but 1 or 2 of the desk staff were rude!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2009

Staff at the desk never had a smile. I waited for 45 minutes to an hour each visit before finally being taken back to the exam room. Continuing my pregnancy elsewhere. His midwives, however, were very kind.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

Dr. JOHN D. Littlejohn's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1977)