Ratings for Dr. Kian Khatami

He is awful. I had an issue saw him, didn't help in any way. I didn't know what to do then went to see the NP. She took the time to see me and order the appropriate tests. I was diagnosed with a very rare disorder and then referred to a specialist. If it wasn't for her i'd still be in misery and in pain. His receptionist is also horrible. He is punctual but not the doc for me. Glad I have options to see someone else.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Khatami has been my doctor since he opened his practice in Barrie. He is always very attentive to what I need to discuss and I am never rushed. He explains things in simple terms so that I can understand. He is extremely great with my daughter, even though there has been times where we both thought symptoms could be nothing he always follows thru with tests to make sure and put my mind at ease. When booked in for an appointment he is always on time even early, no waiting in the waiting room for an extra hour. Also, his friendly nurse Brad is amazing he always returns phone calls and also takes time to explain things when you have concerns. His reception staff on the other hand are not always so pleasant they often sound grumpy when you call but I still gave Dr. Khatami 5 stars because i have to deal with him and not the girls at the front desk.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Great for mental health, referred me for the proper help. Also sent me to a back specialist when we found out I have spina bifida occulta.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Khatami has been my family Doctor for 10 years. He took me on as a patient when I moved here from out of province and was visiting a clinic that he worked in. He has always seen myself and now my two young daughter's in a timely manner. He listens and is helpful in every way. I couldn't be any more pleased with him overall . His staff is wonderful as well always there to help.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

He is incredibly friendly, always punctual. And when I press and issue and ask for something more like a referral to a specialist, or an ultrasound or something for a concern I have and he feels it is not necessary, he still gives me the appointments so that I feel comfortable. He does everything he can and will go a step further just so you feel comfortable with the diagnosis if you ask.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

If you are trying to find a problem that is on going you try to present symptoms. You have to remember a family doctor is like help desk in the Ontario medical health world. To get real help, you have to get to a specialist. If your Dr. is not good at listening to your symptoms and calls them separate issues you are going to struggle especially since they really discourage imaging. Could be a big problem for you if you have something serious. At this point feel I will need to diagnose it on my own and present the actual diagnosis to move forward as I have been made to feel like a hypochondriac -just wasting tax payers money. I am considering out of pocket imaging.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

Best doctor ever, very kind and very friendly. All my 4 family members love him...We need more doctors like him...

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Be careful about getting a family physician in the city of Barrie. Ask MANY questions about physical and mental health at your intake interview. Remember- doctors work FOR US. Our taxes pay their salary. They often forget that! Ask many questions and make sure it's a good fit because if you have a doctor in Barrie you CANNOT just simply get a new one if it doesn't work out- other docs won't take you if you already have a doc in town! Be careful to select one you can work with.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Great knowledge the dr. Has been going there a few years never a problem except for one staff I found to be rude. But haven't seen her there past two visits.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

I went through Health Care Connect to find a local doctor, and I got a voicemail today stating you have been accepted to our practice, you have an appointment in 3 business days for intake, good bye. After hitting redial (no number was left on VM) and guessing at the name of the doctor, by trail and error, I got through to the correct office. Unfortunately I have to give suitable notice to my work, and was unable to make that appointment. I asked the, I assume receptionist for Dr. Khatami, what the office hours were, she was rude, and disrespectful stating she doesn't know, I've cancelled, they'll call me. I asked if they have set office hours, she said she already told me, she doesn't know... I said she was not being very helpful, and then she got really ignorant stating he is in someday's on morning for 1 hour or 2 hours, whenever he comes in and some days in the early afternoon here and there, and she can't see down the line, and since I can't take that appointment, which has made a point to open for new intake, then she rally can't predict when I will have another time. I asked her name, and position, she told me her first name and stated it is not my business what her position is, and she does not have to tell me who I am speaking too. She said hold on, and put me on hold for 5 min, then came back and said they are refusing me as a patient, have a good day. click. I am honestly dumbfounded as to what happened, but if that is the level of customer service, or what I need to look forward to in that office, I think maybe I got lucky here.

Submitted April 2, 2015