Ratings for Dr. Byron S. Cooper

Competent, but easily distracted. Does not really explain nwhy certain tests are needed, like pulmonologty (not my problem).

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Nice guy. Takes his time. Seems very smart and thoughtful. He is open to patient's suggestions. His administrative staff is not very good.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

Front office staff loud and inattentive. Doctor spends very little time with patients. More interested in telling you stories about his family than in determining what your symptoms are. Horrible bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

I went to see Dr. Cooper after I had been diagnosed with mono at a local clinic. When weeks later the symptoms seemed to relapse, I went to Dr. Cooper. He was very nice and spent a lot of time in the office with me. He seemed very concerned with getting to the bottom of what exactly was wrong with me, and didn't rush at all, despite the office being pretty busy. During my visit, he called the clinic to get my previous test results, and ran more blood tests to be sure of my diagnoses. In addition, when he exclaimed that my symptoms could be HIV (which thankfully it wasnt) he was very comforting and understood how scared I was that my mother would find out I was even getting tested for it. Thus, he really respected my confidentiallity. He seems very professional and I was very happy with him.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Treated me for 2 years for asthma, which I don't have,Gave me terrible medication that made me sick. Forgot to give results of tests. Half distracted most of the time. Doesn't read your record. Doesn't explain anything. Should not be allowed to practice medicine .

flag | Submitted September 10, 2008

Dr. Byron S. Cooper's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Healthnet