Ratings for Dr. Michael Elterman

Section 211: Dr E made no attempt to check facts, used our sessions to gather information to use to support the father's allegations. Not representative of any of the facts relating to my concerns as a parent. Asks questions in a leading manner to support paying parent's perspective, without offering any reference of his understanding. Grounds for losing his license.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Lied in his parenting report. Cost me $40,000 to have him cross examined because a judge ordered me to cross examine his report because I proved he's lied. Racist. Zionist. Be cateful talking to him, he asked me first question if I've ever been raped before. He is a creep too.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

This man is incompetent! He just sides with whomever pays him for the report. Record any interactions you have with him as he cannot get his facts straight. Confirms that my ex is a drug abuser and consistently uses hard drugs but should have care of a child. Thinks parents with more than one child cannot provide attention to all children. Just a disgusting individual who seems to have ruined many children's lives. So sad!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr Elterman was hired to conduct a private Section 211 report relating to a two year custody/access dispute between my former spouse and I. For the duration of said dispute, I was largely sidelined as a meaningful actor in my child's life, facing constant, unreasonable resistance from a bitter and spiteful ex to all increases in access/responsibility. The report he produced was a game changer. It was direct and concise, cutting through voluminous, baseless allegations and insinuations levied against me by my ex, It provided an unbiased, accurate evaluation of both parties as parents. Largely as a result of the report, within two months my access was tripled and my parenting role formalised. After two years of playing the glorified uncle, I returned to being the involved parent I'd been prior to our child. I'd recommend Dr. Elterman as a custody evaluator to anyone facing similar challenges.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

If you are mandated to see this man, get on your knees if you have to and BEG not to see him. Research and find someone else. You will be undermined if you see him. He doesn't listen, is pompous, sarcastic, a name dropper, and can't keep anything straight. He is demeaning, easily distracted in sessions and slightly sarcastic. He couldn't understand why I wanted the door closed to the waiting room while in session and answers his cell during session!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Unkempt grooming: oily face and stubble. Late with no apology or explanation. A brusque interrogation style of questioning. Easily distracted ie. answers the cell phone during session because it'll bother him and he won't be able to concentrate (his reason verbally stated). No tact or kindness WHATSOEVER. Jumps to conclusions and doesn't listen. Asked if I had been an "attractive child", inferring that may be why my father rejected me.. (Look at him!) I went for private "therapy" - I was not sent by the court. A waste of time and money. Stay away.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

This man almost ruining my children's and my life. He actually reported the opposite of what my children told him. He must have used someone else's report results to evaluate me because I've written and administered the same personality test many times and his report was completely wrong and painted me in a very bad light. He advised in his report to give custody of the children to my ex as a way of punishing me for me so called emotional bad behaviour. What kind of psychologist puts the children where they don't want to be to punish the parent? RECORD ALL VISITS and TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR TEST ANSWERS because you can not trust this man.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

He is sarcastic and pompous and looks completely bored with what you are saying. A complete waste of time and money. I didn't feel comfortable around him at all. Unfortunately the court system thinks he is an expert and will take his word on custody evaluations so everyone will be on their best behaviour around him because he has such clout and can destroy people's lives. The one who suckholes the best to him will win custody. Someone really has to evaluate this man's job and attend one of home visits. $15 grand down the drain. Better to spend this money on your kid.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Im a woman. I think this doctor seems to nor bw subjected to any social stereotypes thst the mother can do no wrong. He sees the benefit of having dad in your life as normal as possible. Children have rights to their fathers. unfortunately jaded angry mothers abuse this system to gain control and hurt their ex spouse. Alienation is not ok. At the end of the day, moms should have to jump through hoops too to prove themselves, not just dads. Its SEXIST OTHERWISE and unfair to the CHILD. get over it ladies. Think of your child, and not the lies you created and now believe bc you convinced an arbitrary court of family law.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr Elterman was ordered by the court to do a custody and access evaluation for our high conflict divorce. I found him to be objective, fair and competent. Remember, there is always going to be one person in these evaluations who is going to be seriously pissed off, usually the nut job. He provided recommendations to the court that were very helpful during the trial which the court put into orders. Thankfully, he saw threw my ex's bull**** and lies. If it weren't for him I would have continued supervised visits for the next 10 years and my daughters would have no father. Hats off to Dr Elterman.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016