Ratings for Dr. Michael Elterman

I am 11 i saw him when i was 7 he scared me my bro who would not talk to him and he is completly creepy not to menton teribbley unhelpfull

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

It's shameful that he still practices. Biased, pompous, conceited, arrogant and unhelpful to me and my situation. It was a complete waste of time and money. Avoid.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Dr Elterman helped my family stay together despite massive financial odds, and a large distance. He showed sign of favour and i was certain that he would lean towards the party with the most time and money, but he saw the stability I provided daily, and my efforts to give my children a good life, and has made a decision to keep this consistent. He has also been quite generous with the other parties parenting time and I respect that. I felt uncomfortable under the scrutiny of a 211 report, and i wished that the process included some form of counselling, or inclusive understanding. I had large fears around how this might create stress if my kids were interviewed this way. I was so pleased to see the kind way he interacted with my child. I really believe his intentions are to help the little people, not the big shots. Thanks Dr Elterman!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

The doctor who treated me for PTSD that I developed because of my husband's years of abuse toward me, when I told him what the man did to me, told me outright that these were the actions of a psychopath. Elterman, on the other hand, in his custody/access report, gave my ex a glowing report. That F*** Elterman who couldn't diagnose his ** with both hands, did not see the psychopathy, but rather my ex's charm, and yet here DR. E is, for decades, a big shot in the Family Court system, still writing reports and making $$$$$$$$$$$$$ lying on paper and so giving abusers custody. Rot in hell fire , Dr. E. I remember, my children remember, YOU.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Elterman when we hired him to conduct a private Section 211 report relating to a custody/access dispute between my former spouse and I. I felt like a visitor in my children’s lives, facing unreasonable, bitter resistance and parental alienation. Mental health is often difficult to discern within these situations however Dr. Elterman was able to see through the numerous baseless insinuations, assertions and assumptions by the other party and provided a plethora of reasons as to his recommendations in his report. Dr.Elterman listened and was always respectful. His 30 years of experience was invaluable in my case and he advocated entirely for the children. The report he produced was an absolute relief. It provided an unbiased, accurate evaluation of both parties as parents. Within a month my access was increased substantially and my parenting role more formalized. I returned to being the involved parent I'd been prior to our separation. I'd highly recommend Dr. Elterman as a custody evaluator to anyone facing similar circumstances.

Submitted January 2, 2018

He did a Section 57 back in the day that my ex demanded to be done. He took over 6 months to complete the report and reported falsehoods in his report. I successfully filed a complaint to the British Columbia Psychological Association as I had proof. Back in the day he charged $3500 per report and he disclosed he had done a particular number of reports which I do not recall right now but let me say it was a lucrative business that he also did his own business and was head of the Jewish congress which he published material that was delivered to the judicial community. This guy is dangerous. Even though the outcome of his recommendation was joint custody which my ex was furious about he did not disclose the choking or rape that I had disclosed. My daughter who is now 24 now remembers him and disliked him. Best thing you can do is never to use his services as it is a self service fir himself only.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Correct ! he made a terrible recommendation for a parenting plan and gave the last decision making power to someone who is not a doctor instead of allowing the doctor to make recxomendations . It cost my son 3 emergency visits. STAY Away as yes it is true . I don't think his decisions are based on the best interest of the child. .rather take your 11 plus k .

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Absolutely THE WORST. He "forgot" to follow up on the section 211 report, completed it within 48hrs on Sunday evening and the finished report was horrendous filled with inaccurate, names, spelling errors and cut & paste several paragraphs and details. Avoid this man at all costs. He will ruin your family and any hope for your case.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Do not do section 211 reports from a psychologist. ONLY HAVE THEM DONE BY A FAMILY JUSTICE COUNSELLOR. They follow a proper manual and use facts. Not junk science. psychologist just do what they want. When people start saying no to these weirdos they will have no work. Use free methods instead, school counsellors reports, teachers reports, and higher a lawyer for your child if you want their voice hear. Its a good way to hear the children rather than get an opinion from someone you will never see again and does not care about you or your kids.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Doesn’t care at all about the children, only the payout. Ugly person!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017