Ratings for Dr. Michael Elterman

If you are mandated to see this man, get on your knees if you have to and BEG not to see him. Research and find someone else. You will be undermined if you see him. He doesn't listen, is pompous, sarcastic, a name dropper, and can't keep anything straight. He is demeaning, easily distracted in sessions and slightly sarcastic. He couldn't understand why I wanted the door closed to the waiting room while in session and answers his cell during session!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Unkempt grooming: oily face and stubble. Late with no apology or explanation. A brusque interrogation style of questioning. Easily distracted ie. answers the cell phone during session because it'll bother him and he won't be able to concentrate (his reason verbally stated). No tact or kindness WHATSOEVER. Jumps to conclusions and doesn't listen. Asked if I had been an "attractive child", inferring that may be why my father rejected me.. (Look at him!) I went for private "therapy" - I was not sent by the court. A waste of time and money. Stay away.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

This man almost ruining my children's and my life. He actually reported the opposite of what my children told him. He must have used someone else's report results to evaluate me because I've written and administered the same personality test many times and his report was completely wrong and painted me in a very bad light. He advised in his report to give custody of the children to my ex as a way of punishing me for me so called emotional bad behaviour. What kind of psychologist puts the children where they don't want to be to punish the parent? RECORD ALL VISITS and TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR TEST ANSWERS because you can not trust this man.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

He is sarcastic and pompous and looks completely bored with what you are saying. A complete waste of time and money. I didn't feel comfortable around him at all. Unfortunately the court system thinks he is an expert and will take his word on custody evaluations so everyone will be on their best behaviour around him because he has such clout and can destroy people's lives. The one who suckholes the best to him will win custody. Someone really has to evaluate this man's job and attend one of home visits. $15 grand down the drain. Better to spend this money on your kid.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Im a woman. I think this doctor seems to nor bw subjected to any social stereotypes thst the mother can do no wrong. He sees the benefit of having dad in your life as normal as possible. Children have rights to their fathers. unfortunately jaded angry mothers abuse this system to gain control and hurt their ex spouse. Alienation is not ok. At the end of the day, moms should have to jump through hoops too to prove themselves, not just dads. Its SEXIST OTHERWISE and unfair to the CHILD. get over it ladies. Think of your child, and not the lies you created and now believe bc you convinced an arbitrary court of family law.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr Elterman was ordered by the court to do a custody and access evaluation for our high conflict divorce. I found him to be objective, fair and competent. Remember, there is always going to be one person in these evaluations who is going to be seriously pissed off, usually the nut job. He provided recommendations to the court that were very helpful during the trial which the court put into orders. Thankfully, he saw threw my ex's bull**** and lies. If it weren't for him I would have continued supervised visits for the next 10 years and my daughters would have no father. Hats off to Dr Elterman.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Everyone read "A Kidnapped Mind". A true story by Pamela Richardson who unfortunately had Dr. External and it cost her her son. Extreme PAS case and gave father sole custody!! This quack likes and prefers men. This woman lost her child, he son ended up killing himself at 16! True story from Vancouver. He should be in jail!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

If you are female and your ex requests a section 211 report, whatever you do, DO NOT GET THIS MAN! I saw 3 lawyers and they all said the same thing - he has every woman coming out of there with borderline personality disorder (pretty much meaning you're emotional) and ALWAYS favors the men. He is way too old for the job and charges an exorbitant price for a few hours. It's a complete waste of time and money as he will always give 50/50. If he is appointed to do a report - FIGHT IT!! Every man knows he gives 50/50 and that can cut down their child support payments. One of the lawyers said he gave 50/50 to a couple in one case where the woman was clearly the head case but he "felt bad" and didn't want to be unfair. He came into my house with a dirty shirt and spent the visit plopped on my couch and looked at his cell phone and practically looked like he was falling asleep at times. He has an unkempt appearance and the couch smelled of his body odour once he left. He really needs to retire. He also switched around all of the comments my witnesses said. BE SURE TO TAPE RECORD YOUR HOME VISIT ON YOUR PHONE! He will mishear things in his report.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

If you are getting section 211 - do NOT use Dr Elterman. All he's interested in is taking your money. He claims to be working for the children, and his report was seriously flawed in character analysis of all parties involved in our access dispute - even our own analysis! Taking no notes, played on his phone, stared out the window, he has the attitude of a self righteous pompous butterball. Upon our in-home visit he parked his keester on the couch in the living room and couldn't bother to see the childs room, her toys, or the rest of our house or property and we are fighting STILL 2 years later for an access schedule! Dr Elterman reported that both parents should not be in frequent contact with each other, and then put both parents and the child on on a DAILY alternating schedule with frequent contact between high conflict parents! A terrible report, far from professional, save yourself and your pocket book - do not allow your lawyer or anyone else to talk you into using Dr Elterman for a section 211 or any guardianship case

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Michael Elterman was extremely pleasant, patient, and sensitive. But, he was too much into "New Age" things, and I wanted a therapist who was grounded in clinical psychology.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015