Ratings for Dr. Michael Elterman

DR. Elterman's opinions are subjective and not based in fact or truth. He has limited insight into how his "beleifs" impact the lives of the children and families with whom he works. He should be reported to his regulatory college for his actions.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

If you are not the paying parent you need to refuse to see this monster! Will ask questions in a leading manner to support the paying parent and will disregard any concerns you have as a parent. Cannot get his facts straight and his reports are flawed and contradictory. Record your session with him and have your collateral witnesses record their conversations with him as well. His conclusions are completely unreasonable and do not reflect what is best for the children. He needs to retire.

Submitted April 16, 2017

I am a woman and I think Dr Elterman is very knowledgable and fair. He always listens to both parties and makes decision based on the best interests of the child. i am very lucky we got him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

Section 211: Dr E made no attempt to check facts, used our sessions to gather information to use to support the father's allegations. Not representative of any of the facts relating to my concerns as a parent. Asks questions in a leading manner to support paying parent's perspective, without offering any reference of his understanding. Grounds for losing his license.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Lied in his parenting report. Cost me $40,000 to have him cross examined because a judge ordered me to cross examine his report because I proved he's lied. Racist. Zionist. Be cateful talking to him, he asked me first question if I've ever been raped before. He is a creep too.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

This man is incompetent! He just sides with whomever pays him for the report. Record any interactions you have with him as he cannot get his facts straight. Confirms that my ex is a drug abuser and consistently uses hard drugs but should have care of a child. Thinks parents with more than one child cannot provide attention to all children. Just a disgusting individual who seems to have ruined many children's lives. So sad!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr Elterman was hired to conduct a private Section 211 report relating to a two year custody/access dispute between my former spouse and I. For the duration of said dispute, I was largely sidelined as a meaningful actor in my child's life, facing constant, unreasonable resistance from a bitter and spiteful ex to all increases in access/responsibility. The report he produced was a game changer. It was direct and concise, cutting through voluminous, baseless allegations and insinuations levied against me by my ex, It provided an unbiased, accurate evaluation of both parties as parents. Largely as a result of the report, within two months my access was tripled and my parenting role formalised. After two years of playing the glorified uncle, I returned to being the involved parent I'd been prior to our child. I'd recommend Dr. Elterman as a custody evaluator to anyone facing similar challenges.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

If you are mandated to see this man, get on your knees if you have to and BEG not to see him. Research and find someone else. You will be undermined if you see him. He doesn't listen, is pompous, sarcastic, a name dropper, and can't keep anything straight. He is demeaning, easily distracted in sessions and slightly sarcastic. He couldn't understand why I wanted the door closed to the waiting room while in session and answers his cell during session!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Unkempt grooming: oily face and stubble. Late with no apology or explanation. A brusque interrogation style of questioning. Easily distracted ie. answers the cell phone during session because it'll bother him and he won't be able to concentrate (his reason verbally stated). No tact or kindness WHATSOEVER. Jumps to conclusions and doesn't listen. Asked if I had been an "attractive child", inferring that may be why my father rejected me.. (Look at him!) I went for private "therapy" - I was not sent by the court. A waste of time and money. Stay away.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

This man almost ruining my children's and my life. He actually reported the opposite of what my children told him. He must have used someone else's report results to evaluate me because I've written and administered the same personality test many times and his report was completely wrong and painted me in a very bad light. He advised in his report to give custody of the children to my ex as a way of punishing me for me so called emotional bad behaviour. What kind of psychologist puts the children where they don't want to be to punish the parent? RECORD ALL VISITS and TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR TEST ANSWERS because you can not trust this man.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016