You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Elterman

Dr. Michael Elterman's Ratings

I believe Dr Elterman to be very insightful and intelligent. His sharp perception and objective observations regarding truth and fairness have given me enormous peace of mind during a very disturbing and difficult time. I trust Dr Elterman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2892219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2015

Dr. Elterman wrote a section 15 report in which he said that I was engaging in "emotional reasoning". Within 8 weeks of writing the report, 2 of my children disclosed abuse and social services intervened. After two years in the courts, a judge has now provided a finding that they are at risk. Dr. Elterman is making money by putting children at risk and it appears no one can stop him - Buyer beware, protect your kids and steer clear.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2882224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

DO NOT HIRE THIS MAN FOR A SECTION 15 REPORT!! Dr. Elterman's comments from his collateral phone calls were not accurate. He allowed my ex's girlfriend to be a collateral and both my ex and his girlfriend both said they were not dating, although Dr. Elterman should have listened to my child's comment that they were. Yet I was not allowed to use my parents as a collateral even though they had been around my children more often to raise them than their own father had because Dr. Elterman said they would be biased. Three of the collaterals read the comments that Dr. Elterman wrote up from their phone calls with him. All three said they were pushed into saying certain things or agreeing with certain things that Dr. Elterman wanted them to say. One of these was a Dr. who said three times Elterman tried to get him to change his mind and agree with him. Another was another professional who said that the comments were not what she had said at all, that he had "twisted everything up" and come up with a totally wrong interpretation of what she had said. Dr. Elterman is not liked by two lawyers at least and two psychologists who had nothing good to say about him and his work- please listen to that- the comments were right on target. Dr. Elterman has an obsessive need to "feel" that people are warm and then he comments on this which in my case I was not comfortable in his presence, I was a woman not comfortable with Dr. Elterman in my home. Dr. Elterman did not like me being an independent woman and I believe whole heartedly that he tried to favour my ex. I asked Dr. Elterman if he would be able to figure out if someone had a personality disorder and he said "I have been doing this for 30 years" as if that meant he could. Actually my exhusband is narcisstic and a mental health worker believed that he was an antisocial personality (sociopath) and my doctor believed that he was a borderline. Put all three together and you get a man who contributed to any negative flaws I may have. Dr. Elterman couldn't see this or understand this because my ex is "charming" and "warm" and "an excellent conn". My children told him things that were true, Dr. Elterman gave lip service to what they said and did a quick spot check but basically did not believe them-- so what is the point then of this Dr. talking to others if he won't believe them. The result- the Judge believed Dr. Elterman because Dr. Elterman had done so many reports for the courts in the past- a very good reason to NOT hire this Dr.! The courts are biased before they look at the evidence. The outcome has been bad for my children. He recommended 50-50 visitation. So my ex doesn't have to pay any child support and he took the children out of every activity even though they were good at it and wanted to do it my ex refused to pay and now I don't have the money to pay. The father never helps with homework and still doesn't buy the children many of the things they need. While the children were with their father this past visit, he made my son wear his running shoes to school with the sole completely detached from the rest of the shoe up to the arch- I don't know how my son managed to even walk in those shoes, let alone not trip, do PE, recess, lunch times. I have bought each of the past three pairs and my son needs expensive shoes for his joint problems and orthotics but his father took him to buy him shoes yesterday, discovered how expensive they were and said he thought he had a pair at home he could wear and did not buy them! Really Dr. Elterman? why didn't you listen to me? My ex makes lots of money but hoards it and only spends it on himself. I tried to talk about our prenup which my ex violated and Dr. Elterman said "I don't get into that" but he needs to because the way a spouse handles the finances is another indicator of the "conn" Oh yeah, sunburns badly on fair skin when with their father again this weekend because he doesn't care, yet never with their mother. When I saw my daughter yesterday she was so sore from it. That is abuse. The girlfriend (the collateral) has taught my children to swear like a very foul mouthed adult because he did not identify and look at her as a live in girlfriend (potential stepparents) which she was and she has a very bad history herself and her daughter had a poor upraising and lived with her boyfriend as a young teenager and now as a young teen she lives alone! The fact that my ex chose this type of person to be around the children should have said something to Dr. Elterman. Basically for 50-50 I still have to do all the appointments myself as my ex won't take the children even for their routine dental appointments yet I have less time to do everything that needs to be done. I could write so much more but am out of characters. Dr. Elterman rated himself on this site. He wrote on this site the exact comment 100% the way he wrote it in our report. Always interupts to use cell phone.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2831961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

No matter how desperate you are, do NOT use this Dr. He was a lazy dud. My entire experience was disgusting. For $3000 a day I got four hours and he stopped taking notes after one (reflected in his f*cked up report). He sat in a chair for the duration and was paying more attention to his phone than me. At one point I almost believe he fell asleep. His report was inaccurate throughout, his reasoning left much to be desired. Things were out of chronological order and his recommendations were so far off the mark. Copy and paste much? This jerk had his mind made up before he even met me. The worst part? It took him THREE MONTHS to deliver a report, but he sure wants all his money upfront. He is a greedy, washed up "Dr" that doesn't realize his incompetencies DESTOYS families. Don't do it.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2788202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Be careful if you talk to Dr. Elterman! He will omit things that contradict his report. I'm going to request his notes, as suggested in another review. Also, his cell phone use during interviews and home visits is unbelievably rude.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2714203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

My son was sexually assaulted, yet Mr. Elterman, after meeting with him once for 25 minutes, was unable to elicit this information . Mr. Elterman rated his offender as unlikey to commit the offense and the offender uses this report in all court proceedings. The offender stated he had girlfriends and Mr. Elterman took this as fact yet there was no collateral to prove it & it was not the truth. Mr. Elterman did not correclty report the collateral provided to him by 3 people interviewed by him and has put my son at great risk.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2656005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Michael Elterman falsely stated my son's wish on the Section 15 report...to view my testimony, please link to http://www.section15report.com

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2624787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Dr. Eterman is a criminal. Not only does he commit himself to protecting criminals, but he also lies to judges in his parenting reports. He didn't contact any of my references before he dated and wrote his report. He accused me of being an alcoholic, when I am not. He didn't contact my doctor regarding rape allegations and instead wrote that i said "I got too drunk" I did not say this, as when the crime was committed against me, I was sleeping. The first question that this man asked me when I went in to discuss the parenting arragments of my two children was "Have you ever been raped before". WARNING: This is a man that uses crimes that have been committed against you to prove that you are unstable. HE IS AN AWFUL PERSON.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2622748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

25 Years after this pig in the public trough of providing "court-ordered reports" in custody hearings, and a pay-off by the ex-husband, "Bernie the Attorney" this liarsrecommendations and the subsequent loss of my kids is still resonating in all our lives, including the grandkids...the exhusband is a sociopath and so is Elterman...I am surprised that only one of them is coupled with my son's mother in law. Everyone knows about Elterman and yet he is still allowed to "practice". Check out articles on his over payment from government.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2593882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

Stay away from him - he is not professional and never keeps the dates. He is like money making machine and doesn't care about child interests.
If he writes Section 15th Report and you are not satisfied, request his notes - usually they are contradicted to the Report

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2509981].votes_count ]]