Ratings for Dr. Michael Elterman

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Elterman when we hired him to conduct a private Section 211 report relating to a custody/access dispute between my former spouse and I. I felt like a visitor in my children’s lives, facing unreasonable, bitter resistance and parental alienation. Mental health is often difficult to discern within these situations however Dr. Elterman was able to see through the numerous baseless insinuations, assertions and assumptions by the other party and provided a plethora of reasons as to his recommendations in his report. Dr.Elterman listened and was always respectful. His 30 years of experience was invaluable in my case and he advocated entirely for the children. The report he produced was an absolute relief. It provided an unbiased, accurate evaluation of both parties as parents. Within a month my access was increased substantially and my parenting role more formalized. I returned to being the involved parent I'd been prior to our separation. I'd highly recommend Dr. Elterman as a custody evaluator to anyone facing similar circumstances.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

to the person who was successful in throwing his recommendations out of court-- please contact me! I need to do this too. My 211 sided with abuser, denied he was abuser as he was "so charming', despite self confessed PROOF he was abusive. Please email me: rchenko@yahoo.com . my ex is laughing.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

He did a Section 57 back in the day that my ex demanded to be done. He took over 6 months to complete the report and reported falsehoods in his report. I successfully filed a complaint to the British Columbia Psychological Association as I had proof. Back in the day he charged $3500 per report and he disclosed he had done a particular number of reports which I do not recall right now but let me say it was a lucrative business that he also did his own business and was head of the Jewish congress which he published material that was delivered to the judicial community. This guy is dangerous. Even though the outcome of his recommendation was joint custody which my ex was furious about he did not disclose the choking or rape that I had disclosed. My daughter who is now 24 now remembers him and disliked him. Best thing you can do is never to use his services as it is a self service fir himself only.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Correct ! he made a terrible recommendation for a parenting plan and gave the last decision making power to someone who is not a doctor instead of allowing the doctor to make recxomendations . It cost my son 3 emergency visits. STAY Away as yes it is true . I don't think his decisions are based on the best interest of the child. .rather take your 11 plus k .

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Elterman get off your F***ing phone and do your job that you are being paid to do. Stop confusing information and putting children's lives at risk because you are too f***ing old to pay attention to the details and make any sane judgement. You need to f**ing retire Now! Pay attention you senile hack!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Absolutely THE WORST. He "forgot" to follow up on the section 211 report, completed it within 48hrs on Sunday evening and the finished report was horrendous filled with inaccurate, names, spelling errors and cut & paste several paragraphs and details. Avoid this man at all costs. He will ruin your family and any hope for your case.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Do not do section 211 reports from a psychologist. ONLY HAVE THEM DONE BY A FAMILY JUSTICE COUNSELLOR. They follow a proper manual and use facts. Not junk science. psychologist just do what they want. When people start saying no to these weirdos they will have no work. Use free methods instead, school counsellors reports, teachers reports, and higher a lawyer for your child if you want their voice hear. Its a good way to hear the children rather than get an opinion from someone you will never see again and does not care about you or your kids.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Doesn’t care at all about the children, only the payout. Ugly person!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Elterman wrote a s211 report that enabled my child an opportunity to be a part of my life and now both parents share in the raising of a wonderful human. He's considerate and care for the best interest of children.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Quit writing your own reviews Elterman, you’re a money hungry waste of a human being. You sided with an sbusive parent in my case because he paid you! I’m smarter than his pos lawyer and convinced the judge to throw out your recommendations and you’re clearly unreasonable and just in it for the money. Thank God my child was saved from further years of abuse and alienation that you tried to put him through in exchange for a payout! You are disgusting!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017