Ratings for Dr. Michael Elterman

Dr. Elterman lived up to his respected reputation. You get what you pay for, his expertize. We checked on other professionals that provide s. 211 reports and Dr. Elterman was in the same cost range but his credentials far surpassed others that do this same work. Dr. Elterman was focused on the children, not us the parents and the outcome was best for the family whether we as the parents agreed with his recommendations completely. I hope to not need further s. 211 reports but should we, I would like Dr. Elterman to.

Submitted September 27, 2018

Dr Elterman Lied on his report. He wrote about scratches on the arm of my child and chest but I have photos showing from that day there was no scratches on any parts of the body. A critique by another Physiologist shows extreme biases was given to part who paid for the report to be done. There was many typos and errors of fact in his report as well.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

To all the below, if you are unaware you can file a complaint here! The more voices the College of Psychologists of BC the better! http://collegeofpsychologists.bc.ca/complaints/how-to-file-a-complaint/

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

Reading through comments. Same experience as everyone else. Favours fathers, leaves out information, actually lied in the report several times. I’m shocked that he is allowed to continue to do this. Record conversation recommended.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

The man leaves his own reviews on here and complains about the bad ones to have them removed. Egotistical moron that puts money over the mental health of children. Sad sad man.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Once I got over the shock of realizing I wasn't being pranked or on candid camera, I knew by his misogynistic attitude that I was in danger of losing my case. Myself and my son fled my abusive ex and went thru extensive counselling to recover...only to be re-traumatized by this alleged professional by his ineptitude and disregard for our safety. He has an archaic, caveman mentality that holds mentally ill bullies in high esteem... projecting much doctor? Thanks for buggering up the real victims. Karma is inevitable.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Do not use Dr. Elterman! He does not care. He only cares about being paid.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

Dr Elterman administered (by this I mean handed me poorly copied basic psychological tests that would be easy to skew if you were dishonest) some tests and gathered information from people (could not be family). When the report was returned Elterman used all family (ie people who had the most to gain or lose) for my ex. He also swallowed hook, line, and sinker all the lies my ex told. Needless to say he assessed shared custody was best. My daughter suffered abuse for years (physical, psychological, financial....) and still does. Visits stopped as soon as she was old enough to stop them outside of court. Elterman’s report was full of bias (esp against women who don’t play victim) and very poorly completed report. It is a shame that such a thoughtless man has so much influence on children at risk 🙁

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

He was appointed by judge for my boyfriend divorce case. when I read his report, I don't believe it is written by a professional psychologist - he trusted the ex-wife, her family members who told full of lies. He didn't care about my boyfriend's family member's statement which supported my boyfriend and he didn't mention these statements in his report.... he didn't trust children's description/complain on their mother. He is just lack of basic judgement and produced such an unfair report which destroyed children's life.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

I have had several reports/updates done by Dr. Elterman. He texted during appointments, took over 6 months to produce each report, and made basic factual errors due to lack of genuine interest in his clients. Seeing as his clients are at-risk children, this is deplorable. I trust in God, and that is ultimately who he will have to answer to. Those of you who require help with delicate family issues should be well warned to avoid this “doctor”.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Dr. Michael Elterman's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.