You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael Elterman

If you are female and your ex requests a section 211 report, whatever you do, DO NOT GET THIS MAN! I saw 3 lawyers and they all said the same thing - he has every woman coming out of there with borderline personality disorder (pretty much meaning you're emotional) and ALWAYS favors the men. He is way too old for the job and charges an exorbitant price for a few hours. It's a complete waste of time and money as he will always give 50/50. If he is appointed to do a report - FIGHT IT!! Every man knows he gives 50/50 and that can cut down their child support payments. One of the lawyers said he gave 50/50 to a couple in one case where the woman was clearly the head case but he "felt bad" and didn't want to be unfair. He came into my house with a dirty shirt and spent the visit plopped on my couch and looked at his cell phone and practically looked like he was falling asleep at times. He has an unkempt appearance and the couch smelled of his body odour once he left. He really needs to retire. He also switched around all of the comments my witnesses said. BE SURE TO TAPE RECORD YOUR HOME VISIT ON YOUR PHONE! He will mishear things in his report.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

If you are getting section 211 - do NOT use Dr Elterman. All he's interested in is taking your money. He claims to be working for the children, and his report was seriously flawed in character analysis of all parties involved in our access dispute - even our own analysis! Taking no notes, played on his phone, stared out the window, he has the attitude of a self righteous pompous butterball. Upon our in-home visit he parked his keester on the couch in the living room and couldn't bother to see the childs room, her toys, or the rest of our house or property and we are fighting STILL 2 years later for an access schedule! Dr Elterman reported that both parents should not be in frequent contact with each other, and then put both parents and the child on on a DAILY alternating schedule with frequent contact between high conflict parents! A terrible report, far from professional, save yourself and your pocket book - do not allow your lawyer or anyone else to talk you into using Dr Elterman for a section 211 or any guardianship case

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Michael Elterman was extremely pleasant, patient, and sensitive. But, he was too much into "New Age" things, and I wanted a therapist who was grounded in clinical psychology.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Amazing person and psychologist. I would recommend him To anyone

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

I believe Dr Elterman to be very insightful and intelligent. His sharp perception and objective observations regarding truth and fairness have given me enormous peace of mind during a very disturbing and difficult time. I trust Dr Elterman.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Dr. Elterman wrote a section 15 report in which he said that I was engaging in "emotional reasoning". Within 8 weeks of writing the report, 2 of my children disclosed abuse and social services intervened. After two years in the courts, a judge has now provided a finding that they are at risk. Dr. Elterman is making money by putting children at risk and it appears no one can stop him - Buyer beware, protect your kids and steer clear.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

DO NOT HIRE THIS MAN FOR A SECTION 15 REPORT!! Dr. Elterman's comments from his collateral phone calls were not accurate. He allowed my ex's girlfriend to be a collateral and both my ex and his girlfriend both said they were not dating, although Dr. Elterman should have listened to my child's comment that they were. Yet I was not allowed to use my parents as a collateral even though they had been around my children more often to raise them than their own father had because Dr. Elterman said they would be biased. Three of the collaterals read the comments that Dr. Elterman wrote up from their phone calls with him. All three said they were pushed into saying certain things or agreeing with certain things that Dr. Elterman wanted them to say. One of these was a Dr. who said three times Elterman tried to get him to change his mind and agree with him. Another was another professional who said that the comments were not what she had said at all, that he had "twisted everything up" and come up with a totally wrong interpretation of what she had said. Dr. Elterman is not liked by two lawyers at least and two psychologists who had nothing good to say about him and his work- please listen to that- the comments were right on target. Dr. Elterman has an obsessive need to "feel" that people are warm and then he comments on this which in my case I was not comfortable in his presence, I was a woman not comfortable with Dr. Elterman in my home. Dr. Elterman did not like me being an independent woman and I believe whole heartedly that he tried to favour my ex. I asked Dr. Elterman if he would be able to figure out if someone had a personality disorder and he said "I have been doing this for 30 years" as if that meant he could. Actually my exhusband is narcisstic and a mental health worker believed that he was an antisocial personality (sociopath) and my doctor believed that he was a borderline. Put all three together and you get a man who contributed to any negative flaws I may have. Dr. Elterman couldn't see this or understand this because my ex is "charming" and "warm" and "an excellent conn". My children told him things that were true, Dr. Elterman gave lip service to what they said and did a quick spot check but basically did not believe them-- so what is the point then of this Dr. talking to others if he won't believe them. The result- the Judge believed Dr. Elterman because Dr. Elterman had done so many reports for the courts in the past- a very good reason to NOT hire this Dr.! The courts are biased before they look at the evidence. The outcome has been bad for my children. He recommended 50-50 visitation. So my ex doesn't have to pay any child support and he took the children out of every activity even though they were good at it and wanted to do it my ex refused to pay and now I don't have the money to pay. The father never helps with homework and still doesn't buy the children many of the things they need. While the children were with their father this past visit, he made my son wear his running shoes to school with the sole completely detached from the rest of the shoe up to the arch- I don't know how my son managed to even walk in those shoes, let alone not trip, do PE, recess, lunch times. I have bought each of the past three pairs and my son needs expensive shoes for his joint problems and orthotics but his father took him to buy him shoes yesterday, discovered how expensive they were and said he thought he had a pair at home he could wear and did not buy them! Really Dr. Elterman? why didn't you listen to me? My ex makes lots of money but hoards it and only spends it on himself. I tried to talk about our prenup which my ex violated and Dr. Elterman said "I don't get into that" but he needs to because the way a spouse handles the finances is another indicator of the "conn" Oh yeah, sunburns badly on fair skin when with their father again this weekend because he doesn't care, yet never with their mother. When I saw my daughter yesterday she was so sore from it. That is abuse. The girlfriend (the collateral) has taught my children to swear like a very foul mouthed adult because he did not identify and look at her as a live in girlfriend (potential stepparents) which she was and she has a very bad history herself and her daughter had a poor upraising and lived with her boyfriend as a young teenager and now as a young teen she lives alone! The fact that my ex chose this type of person to be around the children should have said something to Dr. Elterman. Basically for 50-50 I still have to do all the appointments myself as my ex won't take the children even for their routine dental appointments yet I have less time to do everything that needs to be done. I could write so much more but am out of characters. Dr. Elterman rated himself on this site. He wrote on this site the exact comment 100% the way he wrote it in our report. Always interupts to use cell phone.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

No matter how desperate you are, do NOT use this Dr. He was a lazy dud. My entire experience was disgusting. For $3000 a day I got four hours and he stopped taking notes after one (reflected in his f*cked up report). He sat in a chair for the duration and was paying more attention to his phone than me. At one point I almost believe he fell asleep. His report was inaccurate throughout, his reasoning left much to be desired. Things were out of chronological order and his recommendations were so far off the mark. Copy and paste much? This jerk had his mind made up before he even met me. The worst part? It took him THREE MONTHS to deliver a report, but he sure wants all his money upfront. He is a greedy, washed up "Dr" that doesn't realize his incompetencies DESTOYS families. Don't do it.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Be careful if you talk to Dr. Elterman! He will omit things that contradict his report. I'm going to request his notes, as suggested in another review. Also, his cell phone use during interviews and home visits is unbelievably rude.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

My son was sexually assaulted, yet Mr. Elterman, after meeting with him once for 25 minutes, was unable to elicit this information . Mr. Elterman rated his offender as unlikey to commit the offense and the offender uses this report in all court proceedings. The offender stated he had girlfriends and Mr. Elterman took this as fact yet there was no collateral to prove it & it was not the truth. Mr. Elterman did not correclty report the collateral provided to him by 3 people interviewed by him and has put my son at great risk.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Dr. Michael Elterman's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "If you are female and your ex requests a section 211 report, whatever you do, DO NOT GET THIS MAN! I saw 3 lawyers and they all said the same thing - he has ev..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If you are getting section 211 - do NOT use Dr Elterman. All he's interested in is taking your money. He claims to be working for the children, and his report w..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Michael Elterman was extremely pleasant, patient, and sensitive. But, he was too much into "New Age" things, and I wanted a therapist who was grounded in ..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing person and psychologist. I would recommend him To anyone "

August 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I believe Dr Elterman to be very insightful and intelligent. His sharp perception and objective observations regarding truth and fairness have given me enormou..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Elterman wrote a section 15 report in which he said that I was engaging in "emotional reasoning". Within 8 weeks of writing the report, 2 of my children dis..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "DO NOT HIRE THIS MAN FOR A SECTION 15 REPORT!! Dr. Elterman's comments from his collateral phone calls were not accurate. He allowed my ex's girlfriend to be..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "No matter how desperate you are, do NOT use this Dr. He was a lazy dud. My entire experience was disgusting. For $3000 a day I got four hours and he stopped tak..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Be careful if you talk to Dr. Elterman! He will omit things that contradict his report. I'm going to request his notes, as suggested in another review. Also, ..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My son was sexually assaulted, yet Mr. Elterman, after meeting with him once for 25 minutes, was unable to elicit this information . Mr. Elterman rated his o..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Michael Elterman falsely stated my son's wish on the Section 15 report...to view my testimony, please link to http://www.section15report.com"

November 18, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Eterman is a criminal. Not only does he commit himself to protecting criminals, but he also lies to judges in his parenting reports. He didn't contact any o..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "25 Years after this pig in the public trough of providing "court-ordered reports" in custody hearings, and a pay-off by the ex-husband, "Bernie the Attorney" t..."

October 25, 2014