Ratings for Dr. Jack Wise

Dr. Wise is an excellent physician. He is worth every penny. I dread the day he decides to retire!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Wise is a doctor's doctor! In fact, many of his patients are, themselves, prominent doctors and their families (sometimes 3 generations). Reading the email (below) dated December 3, 2015 makes me believe that this frustrated, aging. desperate woman only WISHED that it was the case. How pathetic her fantasies! If there is every a top-notch, distinguished eye surgeon (being someone who treats patients who visit him from various countries around the world), it is Dr. Jack Wise., the renowned ophthalmologist so widely and highly recognized globally. A gentleman, scholar, wonderful husband, father and grandfather. The woman who wrote the Dec. 3/15 email should see a psychiatrist, not an ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Dr. Wise is knowledgeable, kind, and compassionate. I called the office with a concern on his day off, and he called me at home the same evening. He takes his time in examining, explaining and is open to all questions. He is amazing with my 2 year old, who is his patient! Would recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

I am forever grateful to Dr. Wise. Knowledgeable, kind, and a remarkable doctor.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

A Montreal pioneer in the field of ophthalmology, Dr. Wise may be getting long in the tooth but he is a true gentleman and unquestioned expert at what he does. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Assistant was helpful to book a quick appointment. Doctor diagnosed the problem in 10 minutes and recommended also to see a rhumatologist which I did. In the end I did have a rhumatologic problem. Thank you dr!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I have been a patient of dr wise since I was five. I am not 44. I have had extensive eye problems including optic neuritis in which I was hospitalized. I had neurologists and ophthalmologists telling me I would never see again. It was only and I repeat only dr wise who told me what I had how I got it and that I would see again within six weeks and I did. I recently have been experiencing eye pain and went to see dr wise last week. He called me today to follow up. There are no doctors that take the time to do that. He is a knowledgeable, compassionate, funny, brilliant and dedicated Doctor. I am so grateful to him. For those of u writing insulting posts - u have no idea where it means to have a genius helping u and u have no idea how lucky u are.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Jack Wise is a terrific eye doctor and I highly recommend him. He is both personable and very knowledgeable. The only complaint I have is Dr. Wise doesn't seem to be a fan of The Kingston Trio. But hey, nobody's perfect !!! Other "Wise" I give Dr. Jack a 5 star rating: 100%

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

I presented at his office with persistent diplopia and mild headache, via referral. While I found his manner generally pleasing and personable, he completely ignored relevant information (was I able to walk a straight line or not, was I experiencing weakness in any muscles or not) and exaggerated other symptoms. He fed me answers (you're feeling a bit off, aren't you?). He diagnosed me with ataxia and arm numbness, which I did not have. He told me I likely had an infection in my brain, with no evidence whatsoever to support it. I left his office wondering if he even was a neuro-opthamologist, as I had been told. When I got a second opinion from a hospital neurologist, she was not at all able to confirm his diagnosis. She said diplopia can be caused by many conditions, that she would not even guess. His diagnosis was actively unhelpful and needlessly scary. After All-in-all, $120 I didn't need to spend.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

he was a decent doctor, not nearly competent enough to help my legally blind husband, but more than adequate for day to day - but he's 70ish, and well past his prime. He has missed problems optometrists spotted several times in the last decade, But he's a nice guy and if you need new reading glasses he is personable and and certainly experienced, But save yourself the trouble because dealing with his long-time receptionist is maddening beyond words - she's an angry bitter woman and she will make sure you know it- she is the most sour person. i have know Jack for almost 45 years so it to saddens me to write this, but at this point in his career do yourself a favor and find someone less, um, steeped in old traditions - and someone whose moral convictions and behavior are even remotely consistent - it's a shanda Jackie turning away Normie's grandson - shame on you

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013