Ratings for Dr. JOSE F. Demoya

I was referred by another doctor (due to moving) after 2 separate hernia surgeries in less than 3 months. First surgery was a double hernia surgery done laparoscopically. The second one, done 8 wks later; was just the right side but they sliced me open and have recently had 15 staples removed. I have a post-op appointment in about 3 wks but wanted to go in sooner to get my pain medication refilled. However, I was referred yet again to a pain management clinic 15 days from now. I suppose I will just have to suffer for the next 2 weeks or make a trip to the ER for some pain medication. It's nonsense and I would not recommend going to this doctor if you have a need for pain medication. As for his other qualifications, I can't say as this was my first experience with him. I will go back on my scheduled appointment to find out if I have the ok to go back to work, but he will not touch me and I doubt I will go back after that. Perhaps to my family doctor if needed.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2008