Ratings for Dr. Douglas Keeling

A few years ago I was sent to Dr Keeling after having some difficulty with some dry patches on my arm that dramatically turned into an entire body rash without any relief. Waiting over 45 minutes while undressed in the examination room to be greeted by Dr Keeling and his nurse. First visit wasn’t very helpful at all. He proceeded to tell me whatever was going on was an allergy to cream and to stop wearing it and replace it with one of his suggestion, which I did. The next 4 visits was him telling me to moisturize, but not to use the moisturizer he had previously told me to use. He kept telling me to stop putting anything on my skin and condescendingly told me I would not get better until I stopped using moisturizer and accused me of lying. All while over the last 3 months I was doing exactly what he said. This rash had then spread to other parts of my body. After asking for a specific drug that seemed to provide relief, he got up and walked out like a child telling me he couldn’t deal with me anymore. He was condescending and made me feel guilty for something that was out of my control. I’ve since moved to a different doctor out of the city who listens to me and has given me definitive answers. I have rhumetoid arthritis and I would be in a much better position with my diagnosis if Dr Keeling had taken my concerns seriously. Save your time.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Took my daughter there as she had symptoms of lupus showed him pictures of rash on her feet as the rash had been long gone before we got in and he said well I really don't know what that is she must have gotten frost bite at one time or a bad sunburn. Then proceeded to say the rheumatologist will explain to you that you don't have lupus because you don't have arthritis issues. This was after we had all ready explained she had been diagnosed with ra, but I guess he didn't hear that... have never felt in my whole life the way he made us feel like we were a complete waste of time. He ended our visit by saying wear sunscreen or you will get lupus ! Btw mr. Keeling you were wrong rash on feet is from photo sensitivity and she does have lupus ! But thank you for wasting our time and making us feel like we wasted!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I see Dr. Keeling often. In my opinion this man is a Super Doctor! Life just would not be the same without the course of treatment he provides. I never feel rushed and he is always concerned and takes the time to listen. A huge thank you to Dr. Keeling and staff.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Find Dr Keeling and his team knowledgeable, personal and professional. I am greatful to have him as my dermatoligist.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Worst Doctor I have ever been to. Rude rude rude! I traveled from out of town as I had a wound that wasn't healing and he was the first Doctor I could get in to see. He looked at it (middle of my back) and said "well if you would stop picking it maybe it would heal" What?? I couldn't even reach it! He left the room without saying anything more or giving treatment, no ointment or advice, I thought he was going to another room to get something. After 10 minutes he didn't come back so I left. Worst experience ever, I went to a clinic, they prescribed antibiotic ointment and that did the trick. He should not be practicing on animals let alone humans!! Run away fast!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I've never been made to feel like a nuisance by a doctor before, to the degree that I was by this man. First his receptionist blew off my concerns when I phoned about my appointment. I should have taken it as a sign of what was to come. When I arrived with my son, he basically told me directly to my face that the mole my son had recently ripped off was never there to begin with, and even if it was (stated as though this was so far fetched as to be impossible), it was nothing to be concerned about. I would have loved for him to see the actual mole, but considering I waited four months for an appointment, I wasn't about to reschedule. To add insult to injury he made comments about calling social services (because my son had a meltdown after being stripped to his diaper) and told me "well if you want I can cut your kids neck off". All while sitting six inches from my face and speaking in a patronizing tone. My tax dollars pay your salary, Dr. Keeting. Perhaps you should behave that way toward your patients.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Excellent Dr. Very helpful and caring. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

Words can't begin to describe my distaste.. reaching out for professional advice with what I've encountered

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Professional in every sense of the word.Very thorough in assessment and remedial action required. Highly recommend him to anyone requiring services of a dermatologist.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

If you ever get a bad burn from puva therapy he will do his best to take all blame from the operator (Dallas) and try to convince you that you had the reaction before especialy if it is a photo cell eruption.He must be worried about a law suit.Wake up Doc!,were not ediots were your paitients. We just want good care not $, This isnt the states.Oh and by the way doc make sure to check behind the ears.Any way there is another Doc in town her name is Baxter I hear good things of her.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012