You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Carol Ng

I would just like to say that the receptionist at this office is the rudest, unhappiest lady I've ever dealt with. Be prepared for rude, condesending and sarcastic service from her. It's too bad because I don't mind Dr. Ng so far. I have only seen Dr. Ng a couple of times so far for my pregnancy. So far she has been ok. She has made a couple of unprofessional comments towards me that shocked me. I don't think she used the right words to try to explain what she was saying. I can see where others say she is abrupt, lacks empathy and professionalism. She needs to work on her demeanour and professionalism. I am going to give her a chance for another couple of visits and see if she grows on me. But the receptionist....she can really ruin a good day!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Shes hit or miss. sometimes she's very insightful other times seems totally confused. Her front office staff are really rude and possible the worst I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr NG is very set in her ways and lazy with trying to find out what is wrong with you. Over the years I have given her my symptoms for multiple things and she has passed many things off as nothing, only for me to go to a walk in clinic and they find out what was wrong with me (pretty big things too like Type 2 Diabetes and Anemia etc). Now she mostly just passes you off to a specialist to do the work for her. She lacks empathy and even scoffed at me when I refused a few times the offer of meds because I wanted to try diet and exercise first for my Type 2 Diabetes, telling me "You would be better with a natropath instead of me then" (my diabetes is fully controlled with eating and no need for meds to this days years later). Staff more often than not are clearly burnt out and can be very rude.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Dr ng is gradually improving her sympathy skills. When I first started with her she always seemed rushed and uninterested in getting to the root. However now she's seems more than happy to refer me to a specialist and pass off the issue

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

I am impressed and enjoy Dr. Ng's care. She is conscientious and ensures that I see specialist doctors to treat the various problems associated with diabetes. I have always received prompt and thoughtful service from her staff. I've been a patient of Dr. Ng's for four years and I find what she doesn't know, she is ready to refer me to a specialist. As a result, I feel like between her and the specialists that she recommends, that my health care is excellent. I also really enjoy her manner with me taking time to know my medical condition and taking an interest in me. I feel confident with her service.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I have found Dr. Ng to be an excellent doctor. She has been my doctor for almost 5 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about her. Always professional, knowledgable and kind. She treats both me and my two daughters and they have received great treatment from her as well. The staff are always quick to fit me in if we need urgent care and are very polite.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Whew - reading other's comments, I think those of us who were used to Dr Adey's style were/are very disappointed that Dr Ng's personality is so different. My initial reaction, based on my first 2 visits, were that I would have to find another doctor (agree with the comments made by others about her apparent lack of people skills). However, my last 2 visits - since she has been off on maternity leave - have been a very different experience. Perhaps having a baby has made a difference - or is she reading this site and taking people's comments to heart? Now I have found her warmer, and far more helpful - and in a couple of cases, she has shown more knowledge than Dr Adey (with newer information about a couple of my prescriptions). I'm glad I decided to stay with her and see how she would be over time.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

Like the previous poster, I became Dr. Ng's patient after she took over for Dr. Adey. I find every time I go to her for a problem, she usually thinks it's nothing or just brushes it off saying 'it will go away with time'. She also always seems to be a rush, so talking to her about something can be quite hard. From the last time I tried to speak to her about a problem that was hard to talk about, she was already half way out the door. On the upside, the staff there are usually very friendly... Except for that previous time I was there. I needed to book another appt. since I didn't have time to talk to Dr. Ng about that problem before she walked out. I waited by the receptionist who was just typing on the computer for over 5mins. No 'hello' when I said hello, no 'I'll be with you in a minute', just plain ignoring me. Finally frustrated, I left as another patient approached the counter, and guess what? The receptionist looked up and talked with her!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011

My doctor has taken over from Dr. F Adey.. who has retired.. Doctor Ng. does not have much empathy or understanding.. I have been married in an unhappy relationship for 40 years and have just gone through a separation. My young daughter has gotten into drugs... and I feel that to ask for stress leave was like asking for a holiday... and was made to feel lazy.. I also has some other situations where I was made to feel bad... This doctor does not have much human understanding..Maybe she can perscribe the drugs but she does nothing for the spirit.. I am a well liked middle school teacher and I just needed a doctor that I felt comfortable with..and she is not capable...

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

Dr. Carol Ng's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I would just like to say that the receptionist at this office is the rudest, unhappiest lady I've ever dealt with. Be prepared for rude, condesending and sarcas..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Shes hit or miss. sometimes she's very insightful other times seems totally confused. Her front office staff are really rude and possible the worst I've ever se..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "She was my doctor for both of my pregnancies. She was great at getting straight to the point and not adding extra stress. I loved the whole team of doctors."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr NG is very set in her ways and lazy with trying to find out what is wrong with you. Over the years I have given her my symptoms for multiple things and she ..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr ng is gradually improving her sympathy skills. When I first started with her she always seemed rushed and uninterested in getting to the root. However now sh..."

October 25, 2014