Ratings for Dr. Carol Ng

You can hear every conversation in the office when you are in the exam room, and the Dr chatting while you wait for her to see you. Receptionist didn't ask who I was, why I was there, didn't get me prepped for the examination. Waited 25 minutes. Dr was in a hurry, rushed through. Dr's knowledge of diabetes is lacking.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

If you have a choice, go find another doctor, period. All this doctor cares about is money, not people. She would prescribe expensive medication that doesn't work VS. other doctors do the opposite. Save yourself and stay away from her.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I would just like to say that the receptionist at this office is the rudest, unhappiest lady I've ever dealt with. Be prepared for rude, condesending and sarcastic service from her. It's too bad because I don't mind Dr. Ng so far. I have only seen Dr. Ng a couple of times so far for my pregnancy. So far she has been ok. She has made a couple of unprofessional comments towards me that shocked me. I don't think she used the right words to try to explain what she was saying. I can see where others say she is abrupt, lacks empathy and professionalism. She needs to work on her demeanour and professionalism. I am going to give her a chance for another couple of visits and see if she grows on me. But the receptionist....she can really ruin a good day!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Shes hit or miss. sometimes she's very insightful other times seems totally confused. Her front office staff are really rude and possible the worst I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

She was my doctor for both of my pregnancies. She was great at getting straight to the point and not adding extra stress. I loved the whole team of doctors.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr NG is very set in her ways and lazy with trying to find out what is wrong with you. Over the years I have given her my symptoms for multiple things and she has passed many things off as nothing, only for me to go to a walk in clinic and they find out what was wrong with me (pretty big things too like Type 2 Diabetes and Anemia etc). Now she mostly just passes you off to a specialist to do the work for her. She lacks empathy and even scoffed at me when I refused a few times the offer of meds because I wanted to try diet and exercise first for my Type 2 Diabetes, telling me "You would be better with a natropath instead of me then" (my diabetes is fully controlled with eating and no need for meds to this days years later). Staff more often than not are clearly burnt out and can be very rude.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Dr ng is gradually improving her sympathy skills. When I first started with her she always seemed rushed and uninterested in getting to the root. However now she's seems more than happy to refer me to a specialist and pass off the issue

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

I am impressed and enjoy Dr. Ng's care. She is conscientious and ensures that I see specialist doctors to treat the various problems associated with diabetes. I have always received prompt and thoughtful service from her staff. I've been a patient of Dr. Ng's for four years and I find what she doesn't know, she is ready to refer me to a specialist. As a result, I feel like between her and the specialists that she recommends, that my health care is excellent. I also really enjoy her manner with me taking time to know my medical condition and taking an interest in me. I feel confident with her service.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I have found Dr. Ng to be an excellent doctor. She has been my doctor for almost 5 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about her. Always professional, knowledgable and kind. She treats both me and my two daughters and they have received great treatment from her as well. The staff are always quick to fit me in if we need urgent care and are very polite.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Whew - reading other's comments, I think those of us who were used to Dr Adey's style were/are very disappointed that Dr Ng's personality is so different. My initial reaction, based on my first 2 visits, were that I would have to find another doctor (agree with the comments made by others about her apparent lack of people skills). However, my last 2 visits - since she has been off on maternity leave - have been a very different experience. Perhaps having a baby has made a difference - or is she reading this site and taking people's comments to heart? Now I have found her warmer, and far more helpful - and in a couple of cases, she has shown more knowledge than Dr Adey (with newer information about a couple of my prescriptions). I'm glad I decided to stay with her and see how she would be over time.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012