Ratings for Dr. Carol Ng

Seriously, the best maternity doctor ever! Clearly the negative reviews below are just negative people in general, because they have NO IDEA what they're talking about. The receptionist is incredible!! So friendly, always has time to chat with you while you're waiting for the Dr and makes you feel so, so comfortable (especially if it's your first pregnancy). Dr. Ng is literally amazing. I was really, really sick my entire pregnancy, and Carol was nothing but sympathetic and trying to help me find ways to cope. Not only did I see her throughout pregnancy (and 11 days overdue), but she also was able to deliver our son! And she's taken myself, my son and my spouse on as patients. I've already recommended her to anyone who tells me they're pregnant because Fernwood Maternity and Dr. Ng are THE BEST! All the haters can actually leave and just give me more available appointment time with Carol. :-)

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

I am swiching her after been with Carol Ng for almost the whole pregnancy. Could handle any more the unprofessional way to saying things, make me totally nerves with no reason, every visit is totally uncomfortable , she almost trying to find something and make me very scary every time i am in ,in fact that my pregnancy is very healthy, i have no problem with my first baby, Stay away if you want to be calm and happy with your pregnancies !

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Dr. Ng is great, every visit I feel she really gets to know me. I find her very knowledgeable and funny. Glad she is the one who took over for Dr. Addey

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

This doctor is unprofessional, they say they need to check me and comes in , in a rush checking my baby than says he's doing good, than leaves without checking me, happened three times, and I know I'm weird, but itd make me feel weird saying "aren't u supposed to look at me down there?" Plus my son had caught skin infection that was contagious and she gave medication for it that was the wrong kind,

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

You can hear every conversation in the office when you are in the exam room, and the Dr chatting while you wait for her to see you. Receptionist didn't ask who I was, why I was there, didn't get me prepped for the examination. Waited 25 minutes. Dr was in a hurry, rushed through. Dr's knowledge of diabetes is lacking.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

If you have a choice, go find another doctor, period. All this doctor cares about is money, not people. She would prescribe expensive medication that doesn't work VS. other doctors do the opposite. Save yourself and stay away from her.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I would just like to say that the receptionist at this office is the rudest, unhappiest lady I've ever dealt with. Be prepared for rude, condesending and sarcastic service from her. It's too bad because I don't mind Dr. Ng so far. I have only seen Dr. Ng a couple of times so far for my pregnancy. So far she has been ok. She has made a couple of unprofessional comments towards me that shocked me. I don't think she used the right words to try to explain what she was saying. I can see where others say she is abrupt, lacks empathy and professionalism. She needs to work on her demeanour and professionalism. I am going to give her a chance for another couple of visits and see if she grows on me. But the receptionist....she can really ruin a good day!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Shes hit or miss. sometimes she's very insightful other times seems totally confused. Her front office staff are really rude and possible the worst I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

She was my doctor for both of my pregnancies. She was great at getting straight to the point and not adding extra stress. I loved the whole team of doctors.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr NG is very set in her ways and lazy with trying to find out what is wrong with you. Over the years I have given her my symptoms for multiple things and she has passed many things off as nothing, only for me to go to a walk in clinic and they find out what was wrong with me (pretty big things too like Type 2 Diabetes and Anemia etc). Now she mostly just passes you off to a specialist to do the work for her. She lacks empathy and even scoffed at me when I refused a few times the offer of meds because I wanted to try diet and exercise first for my Type 2 Diabetes, telling me "You would be better with a natropath instead of me then" (my diabetes is fully controlled with eating and no need for meds to this days years later). Staff more often than not are clearly burnt out and can be very rude.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014