Ratings for Dr. David Chimilar

I had very poor results with mr chimilar. after two dental implants he refused to administer additional customer serviced on one that failed. he denied responsibility and refused for further consultation. he just washed his hands of the issue.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Extremely pleased with the results of Dr. Chimilar's surgery on both my upper and lower jaw. He did my surgeries around 2003 & 2004. My first surgery involved the removal of eight teeth so that braces could be installed. I recall picking up pain medication on the way home after surgery and ended up not needing a single pill. I had previously heard stories from friends about how painful it might be after removal of wisdom teeth and was so happy that my experience was pain free. ( I believe I was pain free because he is a very skilled surgeon ) Dr. Chimilar also did surgery on my upper and lower jaw to correct a congenital defect, I am happy to say that the results of his work are fantastic. It has now been over thirteen years and I still have a perfect bite, I can close my mouth with ease, my jaws are perfectly aligned and have experienced no pain since the major surgery. The reason I am writing this review today is because I placed a call into Dr. Chimilar's office this afternoon to find out what type of wire was used in my jaw back in 2004 ( needed this info. for a test I am having done ) and the receptionist indicated she would have to look up the information and then call me back. Within an hour of my request, Dr. Chimilar personally called me back and provided me with the information I required. He made me smile and laugh, just as he had back in 2003 and 2004. I have recommended him to friends and family members because I find him to be a perfectionist, his work is second to none and my experiences with him all those years ago and today remain positive. Jacquie

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I have had two different experiences with Dr.Chimilar....two wisdom teeth taken out and most recently a emergency accessed tooth extraction. Both times, excellent service and professionalism by the entire office. I have major dental anxiety and this team got me through! Can't thank them enough. Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

My mother needed oral surgery. After paying in full for it , his staff called her the next day while she's in the hospital still looking for more $$, Very Professional. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I came to Dr. Chimilar, as, I required the extraction of 22 teeth. I also was quite scared as the result of a negative experience in a previous surgery. Dr. Chimilar and his staff e"celled at keeping me calm, they made me feel like i mattered. I came out of the surgery, with minimal pain, and no fear.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Dr chimilar and his assistant are awesome. His booking receptionist is always "politely annoyed and condescending" which I find strange in this practice as it's personal pay/insurance and not covered by mb health. It would really help the practice if he would have all the front desk staff as nice and as good as his assistant!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I love Dr Chimilar. I have been seeing him off and on for almost twenty years, my fault, not his. He is sweet, caring, personal and all around wonderful. Never condescending or rude. The woman who does impression and xrays etc is amazing, the other front desk staff , not so much , no rude just not great. I waited a half hour for my appointment but will wait for Dr Chimilar

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I just had two impacted wisdom teeth removed today that were fully encased in bone and right next to the main nerve. All I can say is I am beyond thankful I had Dr. Chimilar and his wonderful staff. I have zero pain, mainly a dull ache if I open my mouth too much and no problems. The staff is so kind and made sure I was comfortable. He has great bedside manner and goes over everything with you. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

After going for a consultation and surgery for implants, he advised me to have my teeth extracted and then 6 months later assess for implants. I wanted to assess first so I would know if implants were even possible. He then removed all my upper teeth and told me to trust him!! After the painful surgery, he told me that I could now have my dentures fitted!!!! He was condescending and speaks to patients like they are 5 years old. When challenged, he can turn quite mean. I now have no upper teeth, do not know whether I am getting any implants as he would not see me for a consultation til 6 months later. He now tells me it might not be possible. If I had known this I would not have my teeth removed. I feel terrible about no teeth, cannot eat properly (to put it mildly) and don't know what is going to happen. Dentures are not possible for me so that compounds the situation. This doctor does not communicate and when pushed for answers gets defensive and just glosses over any questions. If you are having jaw surgery, he is probably fine technically, but the anxiety patients feel due to lack of knowledge is horrific.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

My experience with Dr. Chimilar was not one with a happy ending. I had two dental implants done 6 years ago . I have had continued problems with one due to the improper placement of the post according to industry standards. I have had a continued infection in the area due to it. I have consulted three other professions who have stated that the implants are to close together to allow proper healing. Mr. Chimilar, upon consultation was very defensive, condescending and refused to admit any problem of the sort and offered no alternate treatment except to blame my dentist with improper treatment. Upon contact with the governing body of dental professional in Manitoba I was told dentistry is not an exact science and implants have a very high success ratio. They cover themselves as well as the medical industry does. So beware and do your research before any procedure.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016