Ratings for Dr. Frank J. Costa

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

I was just there today. It was a long wait but it's worth it. Dr Costa cares about his patients. I had kidney stones and was in pain so bad. He immediately scheduled me for surgery and made sure I had medication to help manage the pain. There will always be people that criticize doctors but don't let a couple bad reviews push you away. He really is the best. Make an appointment with him and you will see what I mean. Dr Costa never pushed vitamins on me to treat me. He currently is testing me to see why I'm developing stones so I don't keep getting them. This is an excellent path in treatment. To eliminate me from getting them!!!! So happy with him and his staff. They are the best!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

RUN!!! He is only out for $$!! He actually got fired form UPMC because of shady business for extra cash. Look up article on post gazette! He will try to sell you vitamins for any ailment. Most importantly, every time a bad rating goes up, his staff puts up an excellent one days later. Haha. What a joke!! Loser

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Yeah, the wait is long sometimes but there is a reason people wait. He is the best. Saved my life after other urologists had misdiagnosed me. Thank you doc!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Submitted April 17, 2014

The wait is sometimes a bit longer than you would like, but Dr Costa is one of the best with great knowledge of his field as well as patient friendly. I recommend to anyone who want to get an accurate evaluation as well as help with aging!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

Submitted December 23, 2013

I was there before my appt time but still had to wait over 2 hrs; when I finally saw him, he wanted to give me $1000 worth of tests that I didn't need, and acted like a Nazi about it.

Submitted September 20, 2013

Great Dr. and Staff . . BUT . . . . I waited 4 HOURS for my appt yesterday. This is an everyday occurrance. I waited 3 hours for my appt 2 months ago. Every single person waited at least 3 hours yesterday in the waiting room. This is completely absurd. Thankfully, people couldn't wait any longer and left so my wait was 4 hours and not more. Never once an apology. Just lots of angry patients. Problem is you have to deal with it because if you reschedule, you'll wait all over again. Dr. Costa is great, but I wouldn't recommend anyone going there unless you bring a tent and picnic supplies.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Dr. Frank J. Costa's Credentials

• Italian

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

UPMC

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "WAITING FORVER!!!! Might just walk out its been over 1hr 30 min and I'm still sitting here"

November 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Costa is a compassionate, caring physician and surgeon. He helped me when others failed."

January 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was just there today. It was a long wait but it's worth it. Dr Costa cares about his patients. I had kidney stones and was in pain so bad. He immediately sch..."

September 18, 2014