Ratings for Dr. Stuart I. Springer

I first saw doctor Springer in 1985, after having suffered a fall into my knee. I then had an arthroscopic procedure on left knee, of partial medial meniscectomy and subpatellar planing. During the years following the procedure, I had occasional discomfort, but with strengthening exercise, there was no longer such. 31 years later, the knee occasionally has some discomfort, but never real pain, and the joint is quite stable. In 2002 I took a more severe fall onto the right knee. Dr. Springer did a similar procedure, only it was the lateral meniscus this time. 14 years later, I have some discomfort at times, and if I walk more than a mile on hard ground or sidewalks, I have a low level of pain, I am a 65 y/o man with some arthritis in a number of joints, so could not say if this right knee's minor issue is only an outcome of the earlier injury, though as the pain presents on lateral side, is likely related to the bone-to-bone contact there, over time. Still, in both cases, both knees, there was very significant relief in a very short time. The doctor communicates very well, has a warm and caring regard, and I have reccommended him to many people over the years. Truly 5 stars!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr.Stuart Springer did arthorscopic surgery on my knee. He told me I would recover in 2 months... it took me 2 years!! Yes, 2 years to fully recover. I had a "simple" meniscus tear, but he decided to also do a procedure of "shaving" my knee cap and this in addition to his lack of care made my recovery last "forever". In addition, right after my surgery, this doctor went on vacation for 2 weeks and didnt leave ANYONE to see me or answer any questions I had. Also he didn't leave me with a prescription for physical theraphy so I couldnt start until he came back and he was available, which was 1 MONTH ater the surgery!! I lost a lot of muscle, my knee barely moved... etc etc etc. He is a BAD doctor and a bad person. It seems he does this for the $$ (he charged over 10k for the "shaving on the knee cap procedure, which I learned later it was outdated and unnecesary in my case. He should have just done the meniscus tear. Stay away from him!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Horrible experience. Will never go again. His office manager is a monster who tries to full you into coming in saying that the office accepts insurance - while in reality, they are out of network and will send you bills for your deductible, co-insur etc. Yes, I know that i should have done my due diligence and found out if they are really in-network, but I had no idea that doctors can lie about this stuff! I specifically asked if they are in network with BCBS and they said that they are! Doctor himself with OK but not exceptional and hence not worth the out of pocket $$$$ that you have to pay since you are seeing an out-of-network doc.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

My experience with Dr. Stuart Springer goes back a long time when he was downtown. He did arthoscopic surgery on both my knees, my shoulder and my hip. He also took care of my husband. Forgetting everything else, he "accidentally" gouged (or as he put it "nicked" my hip). I wound up having hip replacement in Oct/03 which shouldn't have needed done for at least 6-8 years. I called his office for my records over a dozen times, mailed and faxed requests and Hermine Silver, his right hand, said it would take time as they were moving -- again. It is now Oct/09 and I still don't have my records. Yes, the time has tolled to sue him (which wasn't going to do in the first place) now aren't they clever. Bottom line - my husband was in pain until the day he died Springer was ineffective. Everything he did to me had to be redone. I can't believe I believed in him and trusted him for so long. Now I pay the price every day. My rating is -00. Thank you, but no thank you!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

Dr. Springer might be good in the operating room (didn't have surgery though ultimately I needed surgery by my new doctor) but he is terrible in the consult room. It is my opinion that he lacks ability to listen to his patient when they are responding to his own queries in regard of their condition. He is rushed and seemed disinterested in my situation since it did not appear to be one in need of surgical intervention. It is my opinion that Dr. Springer's misfeasance in handling my matter led to my need for surgical intervention by a different orthopedic surgeon. Now this is my own opinion which I base upon the treatment I have received from my new orthopedic surgeon. Others might disagree and they should chime in on Dr. Springer's behalf.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

I've been a patient of Dr.Springers for 17 years. When I first saw him I was in need of an ACL surgery. He was recommended to me by a friend. I had already seen 3 other doctors to find out how they did there surgeries and was not happy with there answer. First when I met him I felt at ease,he examined me and explained how he was going to do the surgery. Until I tell you I had an ACL done you would think I just had arthoscopic surgery. The scar minimal compared to what I have seen. But he did beautiful work. I know someone wrote that they said he insurance would cover and then they didn't doesn't that happen alot. I know for myself and other people they have had that same answer from doctors offices complain to your insurance company. But all I know is when I need a knee surgery I know where to go.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

This office, this doctor and his staff are a money digging machine. All they care about is $$$, they don't care about practicing medicine to help people. A few months ago, I visited this doctor with a broken ankle. They said my insurance covered the surgery. Then later, I get a bill of thousands of dollars from them. Even though they said they were in-network with my insurance company, they charged me as if I was OUT of network and although they received thousands from my insurance company, they still sent me a bill for another thousand home. That's not the end of the story. I am in more pain now, then I was before.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

Dr. Stuart I. Springer's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1970)