Ratings for Dr. Neal E. Coleman

after 11yrs of trying to find why I hurt so bad ,numerous mri's, hundreds of x-rays my pcp refered me to Dr.C and within minutes he scheduled me for injections. A week later I had the shots under x-ray and can honestly tell you I hadn't felt that good for years. I will have to do follow ups periodically bc of the injury but I was at the point of not wanting to go on. Thanks so much for the relief.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I was first referred to Dr. Coleman in 2006 for pain in my lower back and left quadrant that I had been experiencing for a couple of years. I had seen 3 other doc as well as a physical therapist with no answers. I can honestly say that all but one Dr. had me believing that this pain was all in my head. Dr. Coleman was different. While he could be blunt he was never rude. I do believe that his PA Matt thought I was chasing pain meds and he was very rude and condescending but Dr Coleman never gave up on finding the source of my pain, consulting with other specialists and getting second opinions. He finally diagnosed me earlier this year found a Doc. to perform my surgery. Got me scheduled before the year end. I have just had the first pain free week in more than a decade. I couldn't wait to go to my appointment today to thank him for believing and praying for me.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Seen Dr. Coleman first time today, very rude and condescending. Tried to make me move in ways that I've been told by physical therapist and other doctors not to move, and when I told him I can't and why, he said well you can go thru life being afraid to move and basically discredited what I've learned and told by other doctor and physical therapist. I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

The receptionists at the check-in desk, and the other non-medical employees are really nice and friendly. The nurse was just blunt - neither friendly, nor rude. When Coleman walked in and opened his mouth, I quickly understood why the nurse wasn't overly friendly! Coleman needs an attitude adjustment. It was my first visit, and he was in the room for less than 2 minutes and then tried rushing out of the room like it was the second coming of Christ. I told him as much as he's charging me, I'm getting more than 2 minutes of his time. I made it a point to ask question after question for about 15 minutes. The guy is a smart-aleck. The nurse came back in, gave me my prescriptions which wouldn't have helped a paper cut, and gave me my next appointment date. I told her thank you, and never went back. M.D. OR NOT: RESPECT IS EARNED. I'm going to give you the same amount of respect that you give me. That was just my experience. I would suggest going somewhere else, unless you want a spinal stimulator.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Coleman is 1 of the rudest people I have ever met. I would not take my dying dog to him!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr. Coleman and his assistance Matt Stinson have awful bedside manners. It was very apparent early on the Matt does not care for the patient. When contacted after hours for questions regarding the treatment in progress he seemed very irratated. Dr. Coleman, if you saw him, was very curt and would not divulge information regarding diagnosis or next steps unless specifically asked. He was unwilling to work with the patient and wanted his plan to be played out regardless of the amount of pain or time involved. He seemed great on the first visit but quickly went downhill from there.The last visit I made Dr. Coleman essentially yelled at me during the exam to push down my leg harder causing massive amounts of pain. As it stands I have no relief after 3 months of visits and proceedures and have seeked out the help of a neosurgeon.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2010

I had a rizotomy and it did nothing for pain, now I'm taking medication . Bacl still is very bad. And like the other person said , they do not call back.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2009

Referred by my primary dr. because of back & leg pain,I got an epidural from Dr.C. in early Aug. It lasted 2 days. I reported this to his staff; nurse called,promised to speak to dr. and get back to me. No call came; I called again 8 days later; nurse said she'd not spoken with dr. yet. Another week passed; no call once again. I called once again! Pain was terrible; explained to receptionist, who said, of course, someone would call. No one ever returned my call. Finally decided to call my primary dr.'s office. Spoke with his nurse who was appalled at treatment I'd received. They referred me to another pain management specialist in another city (Indianapolis). An MRI showed a badly herniated disc plus severe stenosis causing constriction of a nerve. Epidural received here has relieved my pain.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

Dr. Neal E. Coleman's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1987)