Ratings for Dr. Cornel Barnard

Been seeing Dr. for two years, several appointments, always seems to ask the right questions, seldom seem rushed. Very happy compared with other Dr.s from past. Not scared to refer or test.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Every time I go in with a concern I am rushed and told I am fine .. and like others have said he would rather just prescribe antidepressants than actually figure out what is wrong. I do not suggest going to see him. WASTE OF TIME.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Only dealt with Dr. Barnard in the emergency department, but found him efficient, competent and friendly. Not his fault the triage nurse scheduled me last even though I had a severe, deep gash in my hand requiring a dozen stitches. As a result of the delay in treatment, the cut never healed properly and stitches could not be removed for almost three weeks.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

This office has a great office manager and the staff have always been friendly to our family. Dr Barnard has always taken the time to listen and refer to specialists when necessary. It takes both patient awareness and GP awareness to build a great relationship and we are thankful to have this office and DR to attend.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Front end staff are cold and rude at the best of times. I hate that they refuse to answer the phone. Its ridiculous. Dr.Barnard, however, is very polite and straight to the point. I appreciate that very much in a doctor. He is a busy man, and I certainly value my time, so getting in and out of an appointment is fine with me. I also appreciate his referrals when needed! I have actual answers for my health issues thanks to his referring me to the proper doctors.....and not just another prescription for penicillin.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

when I go in for an appointment the counter lady just looks at you. if it weren't for us they would all be out of a job that includes cornel barnard.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

I think we are in a change of time for doctors it is no longer about patient care. I believe there is absolutely no humanity left in our medical system anymore. I can not figure out if it is the younger doctors or the medical system. It should be a comforting secure feeling to go to the doctor but instead it is terrifying. As patients we are made to feel "less than" and an inconvenience. What ever is happening to make doctors this way I truly hope changes. Society is so uncaring and inhumane to each other and when a patient is receiving this type of abrupt and uncompassionate care in a medical situation it is sad times. I feel like the doctors in Chase have too big of egos and feel as if the patient should simply feel like it's a priveldge to be seen. I am not knowledgeble enough about the polictics so I do not know whether it's Interior Health backing doctors into a corner so as they don't have the time to be compassionate towards patients needs or if it's the new age doctor. As a patient you are made to feel like the timer is set and go! spit it out quickly. Do not ask any questions and move along. If you don't follow this protocal then you are made to feel ostracized and abondoned by your doctor. Clearly switching doctors does not do the trick because in a small office they label you as a problem patient and the cylcle just repeats itself. Its is like being a prisoner of the medical system. We are held hostage by the doctors to not have the opportunity to care for our health. Or strong armed and bullied to get on the highway and commute whether we are like it or not. Sad sad times. I write this with a heavy heart.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

He is a very good doctor listens to concerns and acts appropriately to the problem may take a few evaluations to find enitial problem but science is not always black and white. Good doctor very sensible knowledgable

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr Barnard used to be my family Dr. In most cases he was not to bad. A few concerns are when there is no diagnosis they have a tendency to prescribe antidepressants. To make a long story short, He really needs recognize the symptoms of Lyme Disease. Because of this I now suffer from Chronic Lyme.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

seems caring and sympathetic, refers to specialists when appropriate

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015