Ratings for Dr. JAMES E. Stoll

Dr Stoll creates an AMAZING level of comfort and is very genuine and honest.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

When I met Dr. Stoll I was at the end of my rope. I was seeing him for a second opinion after seeing a top ortho surgeon at Froedert who told me surgery would not help. So I really was not expecting too much. Long story short he performed a L4-S1 lami/forami in 10/11 and he fixed the constant pain in my back. I also have cervical issues and he was honest enough to say surgery at this point would not help. Another surgeon might have done it anyhow, so he is well respected for his medical knowledge and personal integrity. His after care was excellent and caring. I would send anyone to Dr. Stoll. He is comforting, kind, caring and honest. I would not trust anyone else to care for my spine. He will take care of you as if you were family.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

When I came to Dr Stoll, I was in so much pain and unable to use my left arm without serious pain. After a MRI I was informed by Dr Stoll that I needed to have a spinal fusion. Because I was crying so, he gave me a new appointment to bring a family member back with me to discuss what need to be done. Dr Stoll was so comforting to me and again when I came back with my family member. My surgery was 11/18/ 14 . Thank you Dr Stoll,

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

dr.stoll preformed four lumbar surgeries on me 1999-2000 one failure after another,left me crippled for life.now I have no job,no socail life,no abilities for hobbies or anything relevant to a life,seperated from my wife of 30+years,if I was a dog they would have layad me to rest a long time ago,so all I can say is dr stoll seems good,but possibley you should go the distance and go to mayo where you won't be turnded away when dr stoll fails.WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Dr. Stoll is an excellent surgeon! Prior to visiting Dr. Stoll, I had visited four other surgeons (at leading instutions). All of them recommended a traditional fusion but informed me that it 1) only had a 50% chance of helping 2) would require an additional fusion appx. every 10-15 years and 3) would result in limited mobility. When I arrived at Dr. Stoll's office, I was greeted by friendly and caring staff. At my first consult, Dr. Stoll listened compassionately and suggested a different surgery (TLIF) that would 1) reduce the pain, 2) NOT require additional surgery, 3) even allow me to run again. He spoke simply and clearly and took 45 minutes to answer my questions. The day before my surgery, I called the nurse with a few final questions. Dr. Stoll opted to call back (himself) and answer each one. Dr. Stoll demonstrated great compassion and care throughout my recovery. I've fully recovered and am back to running 3-5 miles several times a week. I am deeply grateful for Dr. Stoll!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

Dr. Stoll is an excellent surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone. He explains medical procedures so that non-medical people can understand. I get the feeling that he truly cares about my well-being and I am not just a number to him. Dr. Stoll performed my cervical fusion and his follow-up care is wonderful. Another orthopedic doctor recommended me to Dr. Stoll and I am so thankful that he did.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

Didn't use all available treatment methods before suggesting surgery that failed.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

Dr. Stoll treated me with the respect and understanding that you don't see from many surgeons. He took the time to help me understand that I didn't actually need surgery, what a relief!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

Dr. Stoll is an excellent surgeon. I suffered with sciatica for years (a daily problem), and he did the microdiscectomy that fixed my back. I never thought I would be rid of my pain, but, thanks to Dr. Stoll, I am well.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Surgical prowess and learns his lessons well. Personable. Human like the rest of us. Empathy. Judiciously takes difficult cases. Thinks ahead, and I can tell it's not phony concern. Makes me laugh. Lights up a room-- my refreshing, soothing oasis on the walk out of the blistering sun of hopelessness....what Jim Stoll did for me is best delivered in music as R. Kelly's soulful R&B gospel, entitled: (I Believe) I Can Fly. #2 surgery coming up, and in the end, all I can say about/to this man is: Semper Fi, and I don't expect absolute miracles. He's earned my respect, one of the few who have, and NOT just because he performed an outstanding cervical spinal laminoplasty. It's the WHOLE person I evaluated. Signed: an old RNC, CCRN who's worked in two states, one a world renowned facility, and who knows the cream of the crop when she is subjected to it.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2010

Dr. JAMES E. Stoll's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1978)