Ratings for Dr. Rex D. Smith

I went to dr rex smith because i needed a podiatrist.... he needs a psyciatrist... he created severe damage to my left foot and looked over and missed a broken toe, and a serious ostio miolitis issue.. i lost my right toe and ball of my foot plus his orthodicics formed a severe planter ulcer on my left foot. This is permanent damage... i have to be in a wheelchair and wear special boots and crutches for the remainder of my life which before him was extreamely active. I went for a malpractice case but it was manipulated and disbanded by a number of other doctors including ones at both sacred heart and makenue willamette with comletely fixed records... stay away from this man... he destroyed my life and severely violated my civil rights to be settled for highly negligible practices...

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

The doc is very knowledgeable and friendly. I had two surgeries done by him. He tells you the facts and what to expect when you get bunions removed. I went by the outline he typed up and have no problems.iam glad I got it done. Many times I had to wait especially if I had an appointment later in the afternoon. It did not bother me to much because there were times I needed a last minute appointment and the staff always tried to fit me in. His immediate assistant is friendly and helpful. The rest of the staff can be very unfriendly and have been making mistakes with billing me instead of the insurance. They also had me deal with contacting the insurance what parts of the surgery is covered instead of doing their job.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Stay FAR away. I have foot problems for the rest of my life because he advised me to stay in a walking boot for up to a year which has caused major atrophe through my whole leg. Went to see another podiatrist so I got my chart notes from him, and he said I was doing better-- when in fact I was doing worse. My x rays even prove that. He also told me that I will need walking assistant when im 40 which isnt thr case, but dont trll a 20 year old that when you dont know for certain. I'm now in physical therapy not to improve my foot, but to improve my leg as a whole because of all the muscle atrophe that occurred. He also made me insoles in my shoes- when my physical therapist looked at them, it became apparent thy it was affecting my walk and was very uneven--making the arch much higher than normal and causing more pain. Stay FAR AWAY.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

My name is Marilyn Augusta and I had Bunion Surgery in late November. It had been quite an experience and I am so appreciative for the experience Dr. Smith and his staff provide in Eugene, Oregon. It has been interesting me as I have been out and about in Eugene after my surgery. My knee scooter provided me with many conversations with strangers regarding what I had done to my foot. What resulted were many conversations about Bunion Surgery. I was surprised how many people did have the same surgery. I was even more surprised how many people were familiar with Dr. Rex Smith. It was nearly unanimous that Dr. Smith had earned the respect, admiration and gratitude for the care and level of skill he demonstrated in each individuals foot problems. The few who did not fully appreciate his care I dare say were those who did not follow his strict directions. Yes! the three most important words... "FOLLOW HIS DIRECTIONS." Thanks Dr. Smith and his wonderful staff. I will miss you!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Insurance ODS and Medicare. Dr Smith did surgery on both feet about 15 years ago. Was in for consult on surgery and found him to be caring,knowledgeable and understanding. Spent about an hour with me checking my feet and talking about options. Very pleased to be working with him.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

I've had 3 surgeries on the same foot and I am in more pain now than ever. I would not go back. some of his office staff can be very curt. He is over booked, so you sit and wait to see him. He dind't numb me enough on the third surgery and he hit a nerve that almost sent me through the roof. He looked at me like I was a wimp, which I am not. I will never go back there.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

I had a surgery with an excellent result at rate that was normal for this community. That has not always been my experience with everyone I have seen.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Jerk. Took kid due to him walking on his arches. Well Dr. Smith said "just go buy dr. scholls and he will be fine." I dont know if it was because he dd or what. But dr was rude. Saw another podiatrist. His arches r collapsing and needed orthotics made.Just didnt really like it that the dr acted like we were non-existant.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2012

A fantastic surgical experience! Dr Rex pulls a ten with my rating. yes knowledgeable, great surgeon, but also great sense of humor. i would absolutely recommend.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Smith for years and he is incredibly knowledgable and kind. He's in high demand so he can be busy, but the reason is because he's damn good at what he does. I have to wonder when I read a bad review for him what the patient was like, because he's never been anything but wonderful to my family. I'm guessing smokers? Severely overweight people? I don't know, but there's not much any doctor can do for you if you don't take care of yourself. And that's got to be frustrating. Anyway, if you want the best treatment, and most options, go to Dr. Smith.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Dr. Rex D. Smith's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1978)

GHI