Ratings for Dr. Jordan Brown

This physician used our time to do more than just label and prescribe . I eventually found that a talk approach the most useful for my issues ; his style is called Cognitive behaviour therapy and he incorporated just the right amount of medical feedback ,interaction , listening and problem solving that I needed help with . I appreciated that he let me decide entirely what approach would work best for my issues ;although I know his feedback and answers to my questions really informed my decisions and his intelligent calm and warm manner made a huge difference for me ! While Waiting for appointments sometimes I found it useful to bring work to read . Highly reccomend as a professional .

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Quality care Session time varies which is a plus because it is usually needed if it is longer and productive if it is shorter

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr. Brown helped me through many tough times. I absolutely do not agree that he is having patients see him unnecessarily. I struggle with anxiety and I will always have it. I see him regularly and his guidance helps me tremendously. Every time I leave his office I feel more confident and less critical of myself. He makes you feel good about yourself and not like you're some kind of freak. My only complaint is I cannot see him as often as I would like!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Dr.Brown is a skilled cognitive behaviour therapist.He is kind, has a good sense of humour and is "with you" during the session. I feel lucky to be his patient.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

I'm sure he is knowledgeable but i felt he tries to keep his patients coming back for help rather than trying to actually work out their problems.Just think about it, would a physiotherapist have any patients if they cured every one they saw? Do your research people- ask around! Most people with regular life problems, dont need to be in therapy constantly throughout their lives! They need help solving a problem and to move on- and they may need "maintenance" appointments. I felt that he just continued to label me as a "type" and rather than showing me tools to cope just kept agreeing that I had every right to be upset. Never offered perspective on the situations. Very quick to medicate without exploring cognitive behavioral techniques. Ive also waited 4 hours for my appointment bc he was so far behind schedule, and twice he never showed up. Unimpressed and would never recommend him. I only came to this realization after finding a good therapist.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

I can only hope and pray this Doctor will take me as his patient. I will be moving back to Richmond Hill soon. He sounds wonderful. At last - hopefully l will get the help l desperately need. Compassion will be the most important. Thank you all for writing to let me know of this Godsend. Thank you also to the site for having the courage to have it here for us.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

all I can say is that living with a schizophrenic brother, and knowing how many doctors i know, and the little or no progress my brother has made, Had doctor brown been able to treat him from the onset of this devastating illness my brother would have had a such a better quality of life. Had only he been the doctor to treat him, I may stil have a brother but its a little late for him, thanks dr. j. for all your dedication.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Dr Jordan Brown is a wonderful doctor and a gifted psychotherapist. He is very kind and conveys a high level of empathy to his patients. I have never felt rushed during an appointment. He is a creative thinker and he is very knowledgeable. He has saved my life, but most importantly, he has given me the strength and knowledge to allow me to not only rebuild my life, but to grow and begin to live my dreams. He is a good listener and creates a feeling of safety within his sessions; I come away from his appointments with a lot to think about and with a true sense that I have been heard. It is true that he frequently runs behind schedule and that he cancels a number of appointments, but I think this must be counterbalanced by his thoroughness and his willingness to accomodate patient's schedules - even if it means seeing them on the weekend! His support staff - Kelly, Sheila, and Evelyn - are also very kind. I strongly recommend this doctor - he is a gifted psychotherapist.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

I cannot say enough about Dr. Brown! I had seen several doctors over the years and never found any real help, I just got the "and how does that make you feel?".... etc. Dr. Brown saved my life! His care and concern for his patience is second to none, he really listens, gives insighful feedback, he is a book of knowledge. Yes, you may have to wait to see him sometimes, but there is a reason that so many are willing to wait to see this doctor... obviously it's worth the wait. I highly recommend this Doctor!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2007

I had him as a phyciatrist for a while and I found he was never ontime, a couple times I would be waiting and he just wouldn't show up. Alot of times you would get up for a really early appointment with him and just as you were walking out the door you would get a call from someone saying he had something important come up and the appointment was cancelled. I found that to stressful. I don't find he helped me a whole lot, he was a nice guys though.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007