Ratings for Dr. David Clarkson

very empathetic and knowledgeable. communicates and explains clearly

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

I went to speak with him about my birth control once and how it was affecting my mood in very negative manner. His response was well maybe it's not the medication, maybe you're just a b*tchy person. I was 17 at the time. Nice. Since him, I've had to experiment with a number of different types of birth control and have settled on one that is more progesterone based and doesn't impact my mood as much. I know he's retired now, but I wish there was a way for me to share this at the time. It was very spiteful and shows lack of understanding and integrity.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Submitted August 26, 2014

I have had Doctor Clarkson my entire life. I am now 23 and he will soon be retiring. He is wonderfully light-hearted, intelligent, and unafraid to take the time to help with all of your issues. This leads to the one bad point--wait time is usually VERY long for me, but this is reported different by my mother, who almost never has much wait time at all. It is well worth enduring the wait for David's quality and intellect, as he is happy to explain concepts and procedures to patients. Diagnosed my father's brain tumor within seconds of seeing him and asking 2 or three brief questions. Often will visit with his patients in the hospital or ER even though he is a family GP and practices in a detached building. Overall, I am worried about having to find a new doctor as my expectations have been set high!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Excellent. He's very thorough and professional. I've never had any serious problem, but he takes minor things seriously until proven so.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Very knowledgeable and compassionate. Runs appropriate diagnostic tests and has no hesitation about referring you to a specialist if he thinks it is warranted. He is so popular that it is sometimes hard to get an appointment with him. However, he is directing the Family Practice team and one of his residents is usually readily accessible. And your records are all electronic so that nothing gets missed like follow-up testing. I can't seem get away without booking that follow-up colonoscopy! I am thinking about moving out of town but would be hard pressed to find a family doctor of his quality and experience.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

He knows he stuff! Now he's teaching it! So you can't say anything bad about him! He likes to explain everything you ask him and yes sometimes a blunt answer is all you need!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2010

Dr. Clarkson has been my doctor for over 20 years. My former co-worker worked for him when he was sharing a practice with other physicians. I asked her who she would recommend and she suggested Dr. Clarkson. I have been extremely happy with him as my family doctor. He takes the time to explain things to me and even makes calls outside of business hours to make sure that I'm doing ok. I moved to Oakville and had to drop into a walk-in clinic. The doctor there was familiar with David and advised me to keep him as my doctor. He remarked what a good doctor he was. Of course I had no plans to do so and Dr. Clarkson will be my doctor until he retires. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Very knowledgeable, personable and caring. Not very accepting of alternative methods, yet is getting more open to these in recent years. Glad to have him as my GP.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010

The Best Doctor. Very Knowledgeable. I trust his opinion. Sometimes there is a wait but it is worth it. You can literally trust him with your life. BEST DOC EVER!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010