Ratings for Dr. Dana A. Ohl

Know it all with the bedside manner of a steel table. Not current with recent studies but insistent on his way. Ridicules and belittles informed patient. One cost in two. First and last.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I have been waiting for nearly two years to hear back from this doctor and his staff for a follow up appointment and treatment. I have telephoned numerous times, and visited personally the offices. They have never got back to me! This doctor and his staff are a total shame to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

The staff for Dr. Owl will NEVER call you back. It will be very hard to get straight answers from them and they will belittle you and make you feel bad. They always say they have to clear it with the doctor before they give you an appointment and then they will call you back. BUT, you will have to hound them everyday just to get an appointment. I was a patient for several months and even the doctor would not do anything about the bad staff in his office. This doctor will make you wait a long time in the office for him and also wait a long time to get another appointment.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I went for chronic testicular pain. Low testosterone. He arrived very late. Reviewed by his assistance before and again by the moment he arrived started with smirking comments that all I needed was his ex wife . Which I have to guess is a sex therapist and he was not going to do nothing. Most irrespectfull doctor I had ever been. I went to another doctor he ordered a ct scan. I had a recurrent hernia and a tumor on spine L5 vertebrae. In regards of low testosterone I was borderline diabetic even do my body mass is in order. For me he is only protected by university of Michigan and how much money the have for claiming to be the best.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

I rated this doctor low because his nurses who call and act as a middle man are not polite or professional. Dr. Ohl himself looks for surgical solutions that match or coincide with his studies or research, which I felt benefited him more than me. I also rated him low for lack of follow up. Once he performs a procedure on you, you are essentially no longer his patient. Good or bad you are own your own to deal with it and attempt to find someone to help and pick up where he left off. This is not an easy task. Most doctors do not want to clean up or get involved in another doctors mess. The increased pain is detrimental to both my physical and emotional health. His lack of care has left me helpless and hopless....which is not a pleasant place to be.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

You will be bombarded with a different student or two at each appointment who will want to "examine" your junk. At one appointment I was left in the room for more than 2 hours while the doctor answered pages. I did like him but i didn't have good results at the surgery center or with the surgery itself. I think the doc messed up. Also, they don't return most phone calls and prescriptions are either not filled or take a week or two. All in all I regret the procedure and i'm having problems and they are either not concerned or just don't care. It would be nice if they returned calls.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Not useful. He clearly pointed out at the begining he would do nothing after 40 minuts wait. He stated that refering to a psycologist is the solution. While all my hormones are unbalance. Treating with Anxity would of cause diabetes. Insuline Resistance and it is Psycological?

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

This Doctor is a GREAT doctor! We love him, he was VERY helpful and very personable! He took his time and he tries whatever he can, to help and he shows that is he NOT just after your wallet either. He shows that he is a real human being also, doesn't act like he is above you in any way! Even though he is VERY educated and knows what he is talking about! He answers any questions you have, without acting like he is already running down the hall. He automatically makes you feel like your his family/friend and wants to go that extra mile for you! He helped us to get our daughter, and we are starting to work on #2 with him and feel very privileged that he is apart of it!!!!! And he is just as excited about it as we are! And for all the right reasons! You can tell he finds joy in his job as well as takes pride in it! Honestly, I can't even believe the other rating....he is so great, I find it hard to believe he would be disliked by any of his patients, let alone made them "worse"!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Dr. Dana A. Ohl's Credentials

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1982)