Ratings for Dr. Gary J. Correnti

Dr Correnti is everything you look for and expect in a doctor. We refer all our friends to him with complete confidence and appreciate all he's done for us.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Very compassionate and thorough in his explanations.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

He's the most arrogant doctor I've ever met , He barely lets you ask a question and when he does his answers are abrupt and full of arrogant self worth, He absolutely showed NO compassion when I was in excruciating pain!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Dr. Gary J. Correnti

Dr. Gary J. Correnti's response
We appreciate all feedback regarding our practice - even if it is not complimentary - as it guides us in providing the best possible care to our patients. We are sorry to read that your interactions with Dr. Correnti did not meet your expectations. Of course, we care a great deal about our patients, and sympathize when/if they are in pain. Our goal, however, is to find and treat the root cause of the pain our patients experience. As such, until that cause is correctly diagnosed, unfortunately, the relief of pain is a secondary (yet, still important) concern. We understand that patients who are experiencing elevated pain levels can have strong emotional reactions - especially if they are informed that relief from such pain is not quite imminent. Under these circumstances it is perfectly understandable for a patient to become upset if their painful symptoms are not directly being addressed. A doctor's initial priority on diagnosis, rather than pain relief, may lead some patient to erroneously conclude that the doctor has no sympathy for the patient's suffering, or that the doctor is "arrogant." However, nothing could be further from the truth. Our doctors are committed, passionate and caring professionals who want what's best for their patients. Nonetheless, we regret that your impressions of Dr. Correnti were not more positive. If you would like to discuss your experience with us further, we invite you to contact our office at your convenience. We'd be glad to answer any questions, or attempt to find a solution to any potential problem. Whatever you decide, we wish you the best of health.

Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Correction is an excellent surgeon. My insurance did not want to do surgery and Correnti recommended. My name is Barry Ashman, I have been a firefighter for 30 years. Dr. Correnti saved my career. I had a L5 S1 fusion in 2011. I feel like I did when I was twenty. There are many factors on these post blaming the Doc for things that are out of his control. Like people blame the waitress for cold, wrong, or food delivery delays. It's not always the waitress fault. Correnti, like anyone else can have a bad day at work or his personal life. Just because he is human he is aloud to have an off day. I woke up from surgery in tremendous pain, crying. He was at my bed side, he said what's wrong? I said tremendous pain. He looked at my chart and said, you should have got 2 mg of pain meds and got one. He ordered 1 mg and that took care of the pain. Not his fault, it was the nurse or PA assistant. Great doc and have recomended to several friends.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

Dr. Correnti performed two surgeries within 6 months. I had an anterior, cervical, discectomy and fusion in November of 2013, and a lumbar 4-5 fusion in June of 2014. For both procedures he provided all the time and information I needed before the surgeries to make a decision that was in my long-term best interests. The surgical procedures were both performed excellently. My recovery time included meaningful visits with him to make sure my healing was progressing correctly. My cervical surgery was life-threatening, so I am very thankful that he was able to clear his schedule in less than 18 hours from when he saw my MRI until he started the surgery. The lumbar surgery corrected a problem I had been living with for 37 years. Now my back feels and responds similar to how it was when I was a teenager. He is an outstanding surgeon!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Dr Correnti which I really don't like mentioning or calling it a doctor he's the most arrogant doctor I've ever met was a patient of his in 2001 three levels failed cervical fusion he says there's nothing wrong with you three other neurosurgeons agree your surgery failed what's his arrogance can t read an MRI or xray stay away from this doctor you got nothing to gain and a lot to lose

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr. Gary J. Correnti

Dr. Gary J. Correnti's response
We appreciate all feedback as it provides us information to continually provide the best possible patient experience. This review is disturbing as it cites a situation over a decade old! It is additionally frustrating as it provides no identifying information to contact the individual. This naturally renders us helpless to assist - the very purpose for our practice. It does sound like this individual sought assistance from several other physicians, leading us to believe care has been provided. That is, of course, our greatest concern. Still, our door is always open. Whether or not you choose to respond to our invitation, we wish you the best.

Submitted December 10, 2014

This doctor is pompous and very dramatic. He barely lets you ask a question and when he does his answers are abrupt and full of arrogant self worth. We had a previous surgeon that was amazingly compassionate and did a superior operation. I only wish we didn't feel so rushed into this operation and had time to look around for another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Appointment staff told me that Dr. Correnti could order a particular test at my first office visit. After filling out many forms, waiting quite a while, chatting w/the doc's PA, the doc arrived & spent less than 5 minutes face-to-face. He told me 2 things I didn't alreayd know about my condition, stated he could not order the test that his appointment person had promised & referred me to another doctor's office.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Great before surgery, not so great after. Definitely pompous and not very sensitive to patients feelings and perception of pain if you take longer to healo than he had planned.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

not a bedside manner dr & did my back surgery from the back without hardware had to go for a 2nd surgery with hardware from different dr. that said the hardware should of been put in the 1st time.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr. Gary J. Correnti's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1988)

Amerigroup