Ratings for Dr. Carmit Archibald

The worst doctor at the worst company. If you care about your health or your financials you will stay away.

Submitted February 20, 2015

This was my second appointment with Dr. Archibald. I really love her. She is always really nice. I also liked that she remembered things that we spoke about in our past appointment that were personal rather than medical in nature. It showed me that she really took an interest in what I had to say. Overall I am very pleased and will continue to see her!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

She was kind, knowledgeable and non judgmental. Appointments are easy to make, mine was on my lunch hour and all together for a pap and blood teasts took 45 min. not bad at all

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

It was my first pregnancy and during my sonogram I didn't think Dr. Archibold had time to explain. Maybe because it was the end of the day (my appointment was at 5pm), and so I sensed she just really wanted to go home. But since I was on time and waited at least a half hour to see her, I didn't understand why she seemed so impatient with me. In addition I needed to follow up by phone several times about questions regarding blood work and medicine as the doctor didn't take time during my visit. And when messages weren't returned, I would need to call back and then be transferred, trying to get someone who could help, and left awaiting answers from assistants who provided mixed messages. Being very nauseous, this constant back and forth made me feel so much worse.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

While Dr. Archibald is very knowledgeable, she is lacking in bedside manner. She is brisk and abrupt. My appointments with her last no more than 8 minutes. Last time I saw her I was having a lot of pain in my abdomen and I had lost a lot of sleep because of the pain. I was exhausted and crying (not sobbing - just tearing up). Dr. Archibald said to me, "You're having an unnatural response to this pain." The way she spoke to me made me think that she did not believe I was having pain at all. After seeing her, I visited my General Practitioner who diagnosed me with an infection in my colon. She was surprised I was able to tolerate the pain for so long and she prescribed pain killers! Dr. Archibald should have spent a little more time listening to me and less time worrying about how much of her time I was wasting. When your patient is in pain, upset, and scared you should help ease these things, no? Instead, Dr. Archibald increased my anxiety.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Although Dr. Archibald has a friendly bedside manner, she was very dismissive of some of my serious concerns when I was 32 weeks pregnant. I kept noticing warning signs of pre-eclampsia (severe edema, rapid 14 lb. weight gain, etc) and she just dismissed it as "I've seen worse." But guess what? I turned out to have severe pre-eclampsia, and had it not been for my self-diagnosis (with the help of the internet) I would have lost the baby. Thankfully, I called to ask to come in before my next scheduled appointment because I was seeing spots in my vision. She never even suggested I come back a week later just to be safe...she never told me the warning signs...otherwise my hypertension would have been caught much earlier. I'm glad I trusted my own judgement. I will not be going back to her again. The practice is too busy; I felt like just another number. After an emergency c-section I'm happy to say my baby survived, but not because of the ho-hum pre-natal care I received.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

Dr Archibald delivered my son and was extremely encouraging and helpful througout the birth. She tried things to ensure that I didn't need a C-section which most other doctors wouldn't have bothered with.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

I went to her for a while, but she is obsessed with body weight - she makes me uncomfortable every time I go in. I'm healthy, just overweight and she can't seem to let it go. A pap should have nothing to do with your weight.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2009

While the practice is really good, Dr Archibald is not a skilled surgeon. She managed to rupture seveal organs for a routine, extremely simply and uncomplicated DNC while insisting on performing it while she was 9 months pregnant herself. She is not professional or courteous - rather indifferent and too businesslike. She is also not considerate nor skilled if she could botch up a DNC! She seems in some other world and cannot focus on the task at hand. She also panics easily which is a killer for the patient. She should practice somewhere else - just not in NYC where the standards and pressure are high and she is clearly not cut out for it. She may have gone to Yale but that doesn't mean anything when it comes down to doing practical work.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

She's awesome. I feel very comfortable here and actually came back as soon as my company got a new health insurance plan that covered her services.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009