Ratings for Dr. Mary L. Watts

We have not had good experiences with Dr. Watts. My wife went for an annual checkup. While she was there, she asked if they could test her blood for a rare issue that runs in her family. The nurse absolutely refused and went to get Dr. Watts. Dr. Watts told my wife that she would need a diagnoses first. You're my doctor, aren't you supposed to diagnose? Dr. Watts' response; "I wouldn't even know how to bill it.". Next bad experience: My daughter sprained her ankle. It was pretty swollen and hurt her pretty bad. We ran her up to the doctors office and Dr. Watts was standing outside talking to someone as we pulled up. When we got my daughter out of the car, Dr. Watts finished her conversation with whomever she was speaking to and ran into the office and locked the door. Literally, ran. My wife and the gentlemen Dr Watts was talking to looked at each other. He said to her. I wonder what that was all about? Even though it was near closing time, I find that to be pathetic.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Her staff is o.k.. They can be a little short sometimes but then again I am not there to see her staff, I'm there to see Dr. Watts. I usually wait 15-50 minutes depending on the day and the hour I am in the office. Then once you are called in there is usually a 10 to 20 minute wait. Again, I don't mind if I feel like I am getting my time and my money's worth. She isn't a bad doctor but she doesn't try to get to know you. How can a doctor get a clue as to what is wrong with you, if she doesn't know you? I'm not saying we need to go out for drinks or anything but if she asked me questions about my lifestyle then maybe by now I would know what is wrong with me. Her staff do not call you to let you know that you are due for a test, like a PAP test or whatever and that can be a downside because I myself will not remember. All in all, she is ok but not the best. That is my honest opinion.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Dr.Watts has been my entire family's doctor for over 15 years. We are all very happy with her professional demeanor, knowledge, caring, and genuine concern for her patients. Her and her staff are first rate and treat us like family. Dr.Watts is NOT the doctor you want to see if all you are interested in is popping pills to mask a condition. In my experience she would rather resolve the condition by addressing the cause/source of the pain and treat it, so you hopefully won't need pain medication forever. She is a very competent doctor who takes time to really listen to your concerns, explains things thoroughly and does not rush you through her office. We all highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

This is the worst doctor I've ever had in my 50 year old life. First off, I don't believe she has any enthusiasm for treating men, and secondly, she totally missed (for 5 or so years) the fact that I should have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes. I now have diabetes at stage thats still managable, but not near as easily had it been caught earlier. This doctor also had no sympathy whatsoever for the back problems that I was also suffering...asking only if I wanted surgery...no?...then live with it. She was totally against giving me any type of drugs whatsoever to help with the pain...even antinflamatories. This doctor was totally useless unless you happen to be in good health to begin with. I'm so happy that I finally switched to a different PCP. I guess I just didn't know any better at the time. Do not choose this doctor...especially if your a male and see no personal problems with occasional drug interventions. This doctor is worthless.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

We have used this doctor since moving to Michigan in 2004. She is naturally curious about symptoms and makes an accurate diagnosis. Would highly recommend her to someone who is looking for an accurate and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Dr. Mary L. Watts's Credentials

• Mi State Univ Coll Of Human Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1989)