Ratings for Dr. Kathy Jones

Dr Jones has been my doctor for many years. I've always considered her to be a kind and caring doctor. She was never punctual but I got used to waiting up to an hour to see her because I knew when it was my turn that she would give me her full attention. Lately I've found that this has changed. She always seems to be over-booked and flustered. She has taken her frustrations out on me on more than one occasion. Sadly I am in the process of finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I am privileged to have been a patient of Dr. Jones for 35 years., since she was a relatively new doctor in Port Coquitlam. She was the only doctor to discover a heart murmur I have had since childhood. She has always been thoughtful and kind. I have gotten used to waiting to see her when I have an appointment as I know that there are other patients who are getting everything they need from her. She has always been a doctor to take time with her patients, she makes every effort to truly understand the intricacies of healing. She asks about the psychological, social and other aspects of a person's life that might be impacting their physical health. She is very clued in to psychological issues, works with patient capabilities and suggests many possible ways to resolve issues before unilaterally prescribing medications. She is not afraid to look at alternative medicine. She treats the whole person, not just the acute illness. She is a true holistic doctor and that is rare. She has become a friend over the years, she asks about other family members on a good day. Due to the general disrespect shown doctors by governmental agencies over the past number of years, Dr. Jones has had to adhere to smaller appointment times and is often fully booked early on the days she works. She has a tremendous case load and the pressure gets to her some days as it does many other people. She can be short and "to the point" on those days. I am not a fan of the same-day booking system but still feel that being able to see Dr. Jones is worth the wait. I drive in from Maple Ridge to see her. She is an extraordinary person and an exceptional doctor. I have been blessed indeed to be one of her patients for these many years. I dread the day she retires!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Loved Dr Jones and even drove from the Fraser Valley to see her. However, with the same day booking and long waits, I wasted days off trying to see her. Sadly I had to look elsewhere, but I do miss her. She was understanding, caring, and listened well.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Kathy has been my doctor since I was conceived, for over 23 years now. I love her dearly and she has done well by me, but I've noticed a very unpleasant change the last two years in her. She gets very flustered because she is so overbooked, is always late, and has taken it out on me many times. She is less attentive and becoming more dismissive, sometimes never addressing issues I bring to her. She knows everything about me and its hard to change that and go to a new doctor that knows nothing about me... But with her rude attititude (to me), dismissiveness, lack of punctuality, and with such limited availability, I don't think I have another choice. I live in Maple Ridge and don't drive and still choose to go to her, but when I have to lose a days pay to make seeing my doctor even possible (and sometimes with the same days booking, I don't get through in time and I took the day off for nothing!!!) is just not acceptable anymore. Every time I call it seems she is booked, took the day off, is gone for a month, is at the hospital, had an emergency etc, and that's not a sense of reliability I can count on. It saddens me greatly, because she really was so lovely for so long. :(

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Dr. Jones has been my doctor since I was born 24 years ago. I feel like she is a second mom to me. She always goes out of her way and makes me feel so comfortable and important. She is usually really late but makes it worth it. I HATE the same day booking tho, I never am able to see her because she is so busy and by the time I get thru in the morning she is already booked. I really wish it was just regular booking. Love the doctor tho :)

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Dr. Jones has been my doctor for 21 years. She is absolutely the best! She listens, she cares, she seeks help is she cannot find the answer and she calls you at home to ease your mind! She is never on time because she spends them time to listen instead of pushing you out the door. Well worth the wait. And the staff will even call you and tell you to come later if there is a back up.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr Jones is the best Dr I have ever seen! I am so greatful to have her. She still does regular missions out side of the country and does deliveries at the hospital. She is so nice to her patients. I have so much respect for her. She is lovely and down to earth and really tries to help everyone!! she is the best!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Dr. Jones, goes above and beyond the call of the average doctor! She is warm, friendly and concerned about each of her patients.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. Jones has helped me for the last ten years of my life, very helpful and passionate. Not a fan of the same day booking system though!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

She delivered me 23 years ago and she's still my doctor today... Simply the best!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012