Ratings for Dr. Chang Soo Kim

Dr. Kim was tasked with repairing a hernia condition. The surgery site healed reasonably well but after a few months I noticed that one side of my abdomen was protruding more than the other - there was a noticeable bulge. When I pointed this out to him, he remarked, "are we a little pudgy?..." with a nervous laugh. So instead of explaining the reason for the protrusion & could it be repaired, Dr. Kim made fun of my appearance attempting to deflect the issue of this poor outcome by commenting on my appearance & by the way, I'm slightly overweight but by no means pudgy. I thought the poor outcome & his derogatory comment were highly unprofessional & so I rate him as poor. Especially since he considers himself a cosmetic surgeon. But now I will have this unsightly bulge for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Excellent doctor! Had reconstruction after a double mastectomy and was pleased with the professionalism and expertise.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr. Kim and Ellen were so warm, friendly and welcoming. I loved the results from the photo facial on my hyper pigmentation and recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

I was thinking about improving my abdomen after losing weight and seriously going to the gym. I have worked in the medical field for over 30 years and had the opportunity to see an abdominoplasty done by Dr. Kim. I have never seen such an incredible result. I scheduled an appointment and was so impressed with this doctor. He explained to me why his technique achieves not only a flat abdomen but the hourglass figure that women want. He took his time answering my questions and explaining his goal for my results. I had the abdominoplasty and liposuction. I am thrilled with the results! No amount of exercise could ever achieve this. Dr. Kim is a brilliant surgeon who is in a league of his own.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

After consulting with Dr. Kim I had 2 procedures. This decision was easily made based on his gentle and professional manner in which he explained Laser Hair Removal and lip injections. Dr. Kim advised the results I should see. Thanks to Ellen for helping me navigate the paperwork and insurance questions. Getting older made my lips even thinner! Thanks. Dr. Kim injected Juvederm on 2 occasions with Great results. Also, I had very black coarse hair on my upper lip. Again very happy with my results. Now considering a photo facial!! Recommending Dr.Kim to all my Darien friends. See you soon Dr. Kim and Ellen. Thanks again.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

I recently went to Dr. Kim for a photo facial treatment to correct the pigmentation in my face (melasma). I was warmly greeted by Ellen Rosen, his assistant, who was very professional and caring - she even held my hand during the procedure! The results of the treatment were fantastic! I've seen other doctors and no one was able to get the results that Dr. Kim was able to get. I give 5 stars for his work & for Ellen - she's great! Highly recommended and wished I had found him earlier.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

I had Mohs surgery on my face by a dermatologist in August, 14. I went to Dr. Kim to improve the appearance immediately. Well, I wish I had just had the Mohs surgery as now I have a 2.5" surgical scar on my face and several additional holes. Believe me, I have been to many plastic surgeon with healing begun right away. This is now five months and it looks awful. I went back to him and he agreed it was awful and that I had an adverse reaction to the sutures. I look terrible. Go at your own peril!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Felt very comfortable in his hands. Laser was phenomenal.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Once I decided to have Laser Lipo and Breast Augmentation after having 2 children, I researched doctors and came across Dr. Kim in The Best of Westchester magazine. I put in a request for a consultation and was contacted by the next day. Just walking into the office for the first time for my consultation was a pleasurable experience. I felt like I was walking into a nice tranquil spa setting. It immediately put my nerves at ease. I was promptly offered a cup of coffee, bottled water, sparkling water. I first met with Erica, the Founder. She made me feel like I was just talking to my best friend. I was so comfortable talking to her about why I was here and what my issues were. Always a friendly smile on her face, so relatable. Then I met Dr. Kim. You could immediately tell the extent of his professionalism. He really listens to what you want. And he's very honest about his opinion on what the results may be, if he doesn't think the results will be what I want, he'll suggest another route. For example- I thought for sure I wanted a tear shape implant. But after looking at me, he knew it would be a big mistake with the shape of my breasts. I was nervous agreeing to a round implant but he was so absolutely positive that the tear drop would be a mistake. And boy was he right. My breasts are EXACTLY the way I wanted them to look now after the surgery. That's my point. He really listened. And I'm glad I listened to him. He knows what he's talking about. He's easy to talk to. And he has no problem talking everything over until the client is 100% comfortable with their decision. It was an amazing experience for me, I look and feel fantastic, and I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent surgeon who goes above and beyond for his clients.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I am two weeks into my recovery from tummy tuck/liposuction surgery and I couldn't be happier with the results or the experience. Dr. Kim and his staff are nothing short of spectacular. He takes the time to slowly explain the process with his patients and to answer/address any concerns the patient might have. Dr. Kim never rushed through the consultation or the follow up visits. His bed side manner is wonderful. I am looking forward to my continued recovery so that I can see the final results of his work.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Chang Soo Kim's Credentials

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1997)