Ratings for Dr. Powen Hsu

Excellent at diagnosing a problem. Spent two years and saw 4 doctors before I saw Dr. Hsu who figured out what was wrong with me. His diagnosis was confirmed by a Boston specialist. He is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Excellent personal attention, by Dr. Hsu and his entire staff. This attitude usually starts from the top and is reflective of all people working in the office. I have only encountered one not so pleasant office staff person in over 5 years, and she didn't last long at all. Very professional and caring.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

You will be lucky if you get to see the DOCTOR. They schedule patients with the nurse practitioners. I go to see an MD not an assistant. Office is impossible to reach. It would be great to see who I was expecting to see at my visit.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr Hsu Has always listened to me and helped me with minimal medication. I told him I did not want to take heavy narcotics as they make me ill. I did try a patch medication and yes it did get rid of the pain but I needed help to walk as the world felt "squishy". He understood why I didn't continue with the meds. We stuck with the minimal medications for pain and I sought additional relief through other types of practitioners. He understands the role he was playing in my treatment.. He is professional, personable and easy to like. Like all doctors you have to be the one who decides what you want to do or not do. The doctor offers the choices. The staff has had it's issues but ordering meds through a drug company can be confusing. Especially when the med company changes phone numbers. The only reason I am leaving is I am stable and my primary care physician is able to attend to my medication requirements.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Whenever I have called Dr sues office they have always thought mean to see him. they are all a very courteous and kind of stuff. as for Dr Hsu himself, he is one of the best doctors I have met in many many years. if you are honest about how you were feeling and what you want to achieve he is honest with you. he will help you to make the right decisions not make them for you and not make you do anything. he will work with you to figure out what is best for you and you alone. I for one just love this man

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

dr Hsu is the first doctor to help me with my pain. He made it possible to look forward to tomorrow.I can't say enough about this man and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Dr Hsu has been very knowledgeable and worked woth me when a particular medicine didn't work as well as I had hoped. I understand that these professionals are under a lot of scrutiny with the DEA and regulating processes, which is an unfortunate part of being a chronic pain patient. In that I blame the system and not Dr HSU in this. My point is that Doctors are hesitant to provide certain types of medicines due to the hype in abuse that is out there.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

My wife and I have found Dr. Hsu to be very knowledgable and current with the latest in prescriptions and new medications

flag | Submitted January 30, 2010

Dr. Hsu seemed very nice at first, but he didn't listen to me as a patient. I went to him to help with a pain issue, and explained I wanted to find the root of the pain, and eliminate the need for long-term medication. He didn't give me any real treatment aside from more narcotics for two months. He accused me, without reason, of abusing prescriptions that he provided (impossible to have done on the modest amount he prescribed, and his office seemd to have "lost" refills and refill orders. He refused to refill prescriptions on time, and told me threateningly he was "counting every pill." When I wanted input on my treatment, he didn't listen to me. Then he cancelled appointments at the last moment. I am now very happy with my new, current provider, who is genuinely concerned and very helpful. Dr. Hsu was most unhelpful and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2010

Hsu did not include me in making decisions about my treatment plan. He just dictated it to me and threatened to terminate me as a patient unless I complied. He would not provide me with alternatives so I could choose what worked best for me. I felt like a bunch of statistics that he enjoyed playing with.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2008

Dr. Powen Hsu's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Ecoh