Ratings for Dr. David Macklin

Dr Macklin is the most outstanding physician I've ever experienced.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Arrogant bedside manner. Inappropriate comments made throughout consult.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

This guy is the real deal. Weight loss isn't supposed to be easy. He focused on the real addiction of my weight. If you really want to lose weight with actual work and no ridiculous starvation or vitamin injections, its worth it

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I was referred to see a registered dietician by my doctor who said I would be covered by ohip . I get a call from the place Medcan thinking I am legitimately seeing the proper person, but find that I am meeting this quack when I get there. I tell this doctor David Macklin about myself including my referral by ohip at the beginning and he never tells me the big surprise of this being not a genuine clinic for the good healthcare motivation, but a money making scam where they charge you $2400. I never even got to meet a registered dietician either because they said I would have to be in the $2400 program, but Dr Mackin's ohip program would be 900 calorie shakes a day! So everything this sham doctor said about success in not dieting, but changing behaviour patterns and working with my lifestyle was totally about squeezing money out of you and not about personal doctor "care" because he soon went the opposite way to lead someone into a disaster by putting them onto an unsuccessful and unwise diet of 900 cal shakes. This guy doesn't care about health and will give you a canned behavior revelation without even getting to know what you eat , how much, your lifestyle. The only useful thing he'll tell you is what you already know by internet, how much daily calories you should be taking in. Plus the$ program they use is free-my fitness pal. So you are paying for something free to the public but monitored by them, and this quack who will repeat the same thing to you each visit.

Submitted April 19, 2015

Dr. Macklin helped me lose 60lbs and kept me feeling happy while doing it. He is without question the most patient, interested, empathetic, knowledgeable, and kind Dr.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Incredibly helpful! I have lost over thirty pounds so far. Great program and staff

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Anyone wanting to lose weight must not see this quack. He was so disconnected and had an air of such arrogance. He keeps typing into a loud keyboard and not making any eye contact. Weight reduction needs deep contact and loving support. Many of us suffer because our life experiences made us cope with food. Medcan also follows such ancient disproved science that it's a farce. Do yourself a favour find an alternate source for weight loss.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

I really can't understand why anyone would have a negative review of Dr. Macklin. After a lifetime of struggling with my weight, I have not only lost well over 100 lbs (in 16 months) I have learned the skills to keep it off. Dr. Macklin approaches weight loss in a unique way, by helping you identify the patterns you have developed over your lifetime. He constantly reminds you the goal is SUSTAINABLE weight loss, and reenforces the skills you'll need to achieve this. He cares a lot about his patients and I never get the feeling (and never did) that I am 'just a patient'. He is funny and charming and I look forward to every visit. The proof that this isn't just a fluke - my husband has also lost over 80lbs. And this guy who hated every minute of weight watchers, tried many other diets without success, is also a big fan of Dr. Macklin. Without a hin of hyperbole, Dr. Macklin saved my life.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

I have been going to Dr MACKLIN FOR 11 MONTHS HE HAS BEEN A TREMENDOUS HELP HE HAS THE ANSWERS HE REALLY CARES SPENDS THE ALLOTED HALF HOUR ALL THR TIME HE IS JUST THE BEST LIFE STYLE COACH LOST 70 LBS SO FAR AND FEEL SO MUCH BETTER

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013

Seeing Dr. Macklin at the weightcare clinic was great. He is insightful and his approach is great. Now that he is at Medcan, I won't go. I went once and the process was terrible. I had been to Medcan before and didn't like it so I was already a little put off that I had to go there again in order to see Dr. Macklin. They are very disorganized there. It's too bad he was not as his own clinic like before.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012