Ratings for Dr. Michael Murphy

I've been seeing Dr. Murphy for over 10yrs. and love him to pieces. He's professional, progressive, knowledgeable and kind. His quirky sense of humor isn't for everyone but if you 'get it' it can sure light up your day! Can't say enough good things about Dr. Mike and his wonderful staff Kudos to Caroline and?

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Started seeing dr murphy when he first started in Vernon, he was pretty good but over the years he has gone down hill half the time he isn't available it takes a month to get in to see him and then he rushes you out without dealing with your issues once my kids were old enough they stopped going to him and they would prefer walk in clinic then wasting their time with him. My granddaughter hates him and also prefers walkin. I am on disability with stage 4 terminal cancer and wanted a letter so I could take Aqua Therapy at the rec center so I could deal with pain due to a car accident which he just writes off like we were not hurt and he wants to charge me 15.00 when he knows we already suffer financially I am raising my granddaughter and he never takes her seriously always telling stories and joking around but not listening to or dealing with her issues, or mine for that matter. He is only in it for the money and a pat on the back for his out of country work. Guess I will be finding a walk in doctor to see regular. My physio will give me the letter for free so I don't need him. When I first was diagnosed with my first round of cancer he said there was nothing wrong it took me going back four times before he took me serious and sent me for xrays. What a useless piece of garbage he is.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

He has been our family doctor for 19 years but we are now looking for a new one. He used to take his time, be sincere, was wonderful when we were having our kids. For the past 3 years we have had to go to a walk-in clinic as he is always on holidays or missions, and when he is back is always behind and rushed, and he wants to tell you about his adventures, instead of listening to your issues. A nice person but should take an early retirement.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Excellent doctor that will tell you how it is. Not a pill pusher and will never rush you.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

One of the best doctors I've seen ever. Takes things very seriously but still has a nice sense of humour and he is very knowledgeable in the area that I need him to be knowledgeable in.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Great doctor! Always helpful, knows the limits of his knowledge, calls for specialists when appropriate, personable.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I have seen Dr. Murphy since he started in Vernon, have tried to change doctors a few times but have to have your docs permission so that hasnt worked too well. He was good at the start, but now he is never available - always on days off or holidays. When he is there it is almost a waste of time as he gives you half explanations does not check you over thoroughly enough and rushes you out the door....tells you to come back for your physical (whenever it is due) as he does NOT want to deal with any REAL problems. Does not follow up on re-exams of problem areas that should be rechecked after a period of time. He does have a sense of humour, and can be friendly, I took my children to him but now they are adults and prefer the walk in clinic as no doctors ever taking new patience....again need referral from Dr Murphy to change Docs. I do not think he really cares about his patience...talks the talk but does not walk the walk. Have to get mad to get any results with him.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Was referred to him during a very difficult pregnancy. Luckily, I was also seeing an OB/GYN at the same time and that Dr saved my child. Dr. Murphy didn't see unexplained bleeding as an issue where our OB rushed us in for emergency ultrasound which showed the placenta was separating. Dr. Murphy was insisting on a natural birth despite all indications showing otherwise (breeched and not dropped at all). Our OB schedule an emergency section and said our child only had a 3% chance of being born naturally and a 0% chance of no complications if born naturally. Those odds seemed fine with Dr. Murphy who pushed us to take our chances and even called our OB to state his opinion. Taking a chance with my child's health is not worth the risk. We went with the section and had no complications at all. However, Dr. Murphy never got the paperwork to the hospital in time and forgot to sign discharge papers for our baby which made my stay longer. I'll be glad to never see Dr. Murphy again!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Dr. Murphy has been my doctor for 6 years and delivered my son. I cannot say enough about his genuine character and knowledge as a doctor. I feel so fortunate to have come into his care. He is humous, caring, and has appropriate bed side manner.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

He was our family doctor when we lived in Vernon. Great with kids! Haven't been able to find as good a doctor since.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010