Ratings for Dr. Peter J. Montesano

He's the first doctor I've been to that actually helped me with my back pain. He didn't just immediately blame my weight, but did give me lots of helpful information on losing weight. He was very direct but never rude. I mentioned another issue I was having, and he took care of it while I was getting x-rays instead of having me schedule another appointment. All in all, you can tell that he genuinely cares and wants to help.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Abrupt and rather unsympathetic. Sees the patient from exterior only. Little to no concern for underlying aspects. If you want a middling provider, he fits the bill.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

He genuinely cares for his patients. I've been to see him twice and each time I leave feeling positive (my concerns have been addressed) and more content then when I got there. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Montesano is top notch! Went in for annual a little heavier than I should be. Instead of degrading like some physicians have in the past, he talked to me as a human being and discussed good ways to get active. He also found a small lump, instead of forcing me into another office visit, he handled it right there as part of the annual checkup. This shows that he truly cares about his patients. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Great doctor. Has a spunk about him. Not a boring, typical doctor. Explains everything in a way you understand. So glad I chose him out of the throngs of docs out there. Highly recommended!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Dr. Montesano is one of a kind! He loves serving the native population, especially the small little villages he oversees. He is quirky and a little hyper, but so very knowledgeable, if he doesn't know the answer--he won't rest until he finds it. Truly the most caring doctor out there! If you have the good fortune of being empaneled to him in southcentral foundation..consider yourself very lucky!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

He seems proud to serve Alaska's Native community and the Alaska Native Medical Center is lucky to have him there. He has spent his career working in Alaska and the far Canadian north serving Native populations and it shows.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008