Ratings for Dr. Elise D. Resnick

Dr. Elise Resnick is without a doubt the rudest doctor I have ever encountered. I am shocked that she is in the field of psychiatry as she actually hurt me rather than helped me. When I told her that I suffer from depression and was prescribed Lexapro by my primary care physician, she actually referred me back to my GP! She said she doesn't take patients who have suicidal thoughts and referred me back to my GP. Honestly, how is she a psychiatrist? I truly hope she finds another calling in life because she's doing more harm than good claiming to be a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Needs major work with bedside manner. I would not recommend her, especially in such a delicate field.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

I concur with much of what has been said on this site, wish I had seen it sooner. I have been seeing Dr. Resnick for almost 2 yrs. THe pharmacy messed up my meds and gave me too many, so I didn't have to go back for a couple months. When I called her to make the appointment, she was really upset and I explained the situation. She called the pharmacy and called me back a couple minutes later, telling me that she believed the pharmacy and wouldn't be able to see me anymore. She left a major depressive with no meds, no referral and absolutely abandoned me. It was the worst feeling, especially from a health care provider. Please avoid her, I am filing a complaint with the med board and advise the others on this site to do the same. No one should get away with treating their patients this way.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

I have been her patient for over a year and she has helped me so much. I'm surprised at the other reviews on here because she has always been compassionate and professional! I actually appreciate her directness and after 3 years of "talk therapy" with another psychologist and getting no relief, meeting her helped me immensely. She listens but then offers practical advice and makes you accountable for taking an active role in changing your life, instead of just letting you tell your "story." She also prescribed different antidepressants and at different dosages until we found the right fit. She seems very conscientious and I'm glad I hadn't seen these reviews because I feel she has helped me change my life!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

After seeing Dr. Resnick for well over a year she completely blew me off when I asked her if it was possible to be seen every 6 months instead of every 3 as my prescription hadn't changed in a year. By this stage, our appointments had become 10 minute sessions where she hastily reviewed her notes about me (clearly not remembering me), asked me how I was and then wrote the scrip. She immediately and very rudely told me that if I wanted someone to write me a year's worth of meds she was sure I could find someone else to do that and then ushered me out of her office without even letting me speak. When I tried to make my appointment 3 months later, she didn't call me back. When I called back again she informed me that we were no longer a good match and she wouldn't see me anymore. When I tried to express my dismay at being blown off by her she hung up on me!! I felt like crying. Aren't I the patient in need psychiatric care? How can she possibly justify her behavior? STEER CLEAR!!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Do not see this woman if you want to spare your self esteem. She is the most unprofessional Dr. I've ever had an appointment with, and I've had several. She attacked the credibility of my primary therapist and was quick to label. She also seemed to finish my sentances for me. Just the complete opposite of anyone you want to turn to for help. The weirdest part, and really the most offensive, was when I asked if there was a restroom available. she handed me a key and said,"Just make sure to bring the key back." As if I was going to steal it! Did I mention I'm an adult over 30? I really wish I had read all the appalling reviews before I made a apt.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2010

I was a first time patient and went to the office location given to me by Elise's assistant (this is also the address provided by the Anthem Blue Cross website). I waited for 45 min on a Sat and Elise was a no show. I called her office several times - no answer, no reply. When I called on Monday to clear up the situation I got Elise herself on the phone and I am actually taken aback by how unbelievably rude, abrasive and unprofessional she was on the phone. She actually had the audacity to accost me for wasting HER time. After reading her reviews I can only thank the universe for getting the location wrong and being spared dealing with this woman face to face. How some people actually have a license to practice is beyond me. She shouldn't be allowed to deal with people. Absolutely appalling experience.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

HORRIBLE! Please avoid this doctor. She is rude, moody, and beyond unprofessional. Her attitude and temper are pretty disheartening, especially considering the field she is in, where one is supposed to be calm, compassionate and understanding. There are way too many other psychiatrists out there to deal with someone like this- stay clear!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

Very poor bedside manner. I had a shockingly bad experience with this doctor. I wrote out the conversation after my visit with her and I wish this site allowed me enough characters to reproduce it whole. She is simply the worst, please avoid her.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

Wow, this Doctor's bedside manner is really bad. She just seemed very judgmental, despite being a psychiatrist. She has a very left-wing Zen approach, it seems to me. I have absolutely nothing against that, but that's not necessarily my personality. She just made me feel bad for being me. Is that even possible for a psychiatrist to do? She also didn't seem interested in my problems, and would often finish my sentences for me. I would bring up an issue, and she would immediately have an answer for me rather than really talking things through with me. I don't recommend her at all. Frankly, she just seems unhappy as a person -- the worst therapist I've seen, and I've had probably 5 or 6 in my life.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

Dr. Elise D. Resnick's Credentials

• Wv Sch Of Osteo Med, Lewisburg Wv 24901 (Grad. 1987)