Ratings for Dr. Linda Lebourgeois

Dr. LeBourgeois saw me after I started having multiple chronic migraines, as many as 37 in a 3 week period. She was patient, thorough, and did everything she could to help me get the issue resolved. We tried different medications and procedures until we figured out what worked best and I'm pleased to say that my headaches have significantly decreased and I can live my life again!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Said my daughter was having pseudo seizures. Did not listen or care and was rude. My daughter has since had an eeg done 3 times and had seizures and activity on all. She is now being referred to Cleveland for surgery. She treated us awful and had the local emergency docs treating us bad after seizures. Just by what my daughter experienced, the next doc knew what type of seizures (she has 2) she was having before the first eeg. She is terrible and has no business being a doctor. We wasted years and risked my daughters life with this woman.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

I checked with insurance company about covering a second opinion. They said by all means that I should, including tests and all. I went this doctor for that second opinion, her response wasn't setup anything. Instead she requested the records from my first neurologist and said that this wasn't not a area the that she and other doctors in her clinic did have much experience in the other doctor's diagnosis. I would have even expected a recommendation of another doctor. Instead it was dropped at "can't help"

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

My initial impression of her was very good as she's very nice. But she tends not to listen and talks over you, or ignores your questions. The final straw was when I went in for severe migraines (also have seizure disorder) and she gave me some meds and to call if it got worse. I did call bc the meds did not help. She then said I needed to go get a psychiatric evaluation that it was all in my head and my depression & anxiety was causing (even though it's well under control!) my REAL psychiatrist spoke to her and we both agree she is kookoo, switching ASAP! Be careful if you have a history of any mental illness, she might PEC you for NO reason!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Her office was ok. I'm not qualified to rate her knowledge, but I have similar complaints to many of the people below. I have hesitated to write this review for more than a year, because it is so negative. However, Dr. Lebourgois may be responsible for six months of suffering on my part, and enough time has passed that I don't believe I'm being unfair. I lost touch sensitivity over about 70% of the skin of my body and had pain all over my body (in my joints, muscles, and eyes) which the GP that saw me described as "hallucinatory" because it was not connected to any physical damage. Additionally, I'd been having bad headaches, numbness burning, periods of confusion, intermittent eyesight problems, and my hands were not working well. I was sent to Dr. Lebourgois to determine if I'd had a lacunar stroke, and to find what the origin of my problems were. Dr. Lebougois determined I'd not had a stroke. I was happy about that. She was unwilling to talk to me about my other problems and essentially ran from the room and never reappeared when I tried to describe my headaches, eyesight problems, and pain. Before she left she suggested I see a GP, exactly the comment of one of the people below— and a complete non-sequitur, since it was a GP that sent me to Dr. Lebourgois. My experience with Dr. Lebourgois was demoralizing and demeaning. Over the next six months the headaches began incapacitating me for hours and sometimes days at a time, I went to see another neurologist who listened to my description, looked at the picture I drew of the location of my pain, said that he'd heard other patients claim that Dr. Lebourgois did not listen to them as well, and temporarily diagnosed me with polymyalgi rheumatica and occipital neuralgia, I've begun treatment, and I am improving slowly which is nothing more than prednisone and anti-spastics. Make an appointment to see some other neurologist than Dr. Lebourgois.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

The office has you arrive 30 minutes early only to wait an additional 45 minutes to spend 2 minutes with Dr. Lebourgeois, who is unprofessional and lacks knowledge on neurological processes and the medications that she prescribes.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

While Linda LeBourgeois has an excellent assistant, she, herself, is inattentive and completely unhelpful. A typical visit with her lasts all of five minutes and to try to extend it would be fruitless as it will not result in her increased retention of anything you have said. I know of GPs who have had more success with treatment of chronic headaches and will no longer be seeking her services.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

She was first doctor to see me in ICU, I am very thankful see explained and then treated me with T.P.A. If not for Dr. LeBourgeois I feel I would not be as far along in recovery from my stroke as I am today. I have been to her office for follow up visits and have not had to wait 10 minuets. Last time I did not have an appointment I only had to wait about 20 minuets to see her. Of all the Neurologist I have seen since my stroke she seems to listen and care the most. I will recomend her to any one in need of Neurologist.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2011

I think she is a great doctor. I have seen her for about 3 years. I had a mild stroke at a very young age and she was very quick to diagnose and treat.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

I had a seizure and the ER referred me to her. I really don't recommend her. She does not listen to you, her knowledge is extremely limited. Our second appointment we were the 1st patient of the day at 8.30am and she was 25 minutes late. She takes over a week to get back to you with results. Her nurse is unfriendly. I understand that she is a young doctor but she has alot to learn and needs to let her patients know that. When I asked about some research I found online linking another syndrome I have with seizures she dismissed it as "you can find anything you want on the internet". Yes that is true but these were articles from medical journals. She seemed to not have any knowledge of seizures and contradicted the Epilepsy Foundation as to the possible cause. She was very quick to bill me. I would recommend you find a different doctor. Very disappointing and I will not be going back to see her again.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Dr. Linda Lebourgeois's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

AHC