Ratings for Dr. Stefanie J. Schluender

Dr Schluender is a very caring, compassionate doctor. She takes time to listen and is very thorough in explaining details to you.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

Dr. Schluender came in on her surgery day in order to see my Mom after she had been diagnosed with possible colon cancer. She was so concerned that she moved patients around and got on the phone herself with the OR scheduler at St. Joes and got my mom worked in 2 days later. She takes care of her patients personally after surgery instead of having hospitalists take over care. I read the reviews below and patients don't seem to understand that surgeons are at the mercy of emergencies and cannot be in two places at once. She came straight from the OR once for my mom's followup and personally performed her port placement and removal a year later that was used for chemotherapy. As far as being expensive, she is a specialist and one of the best around. I hate when people blame doctors for billing practices which they generally have no control over nor do they usually even see copies of bills. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

She knows her stuff and took the time to explain things to me. Very Happy!!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Doctor Schluender treated me like I was a waste of her time. She certainly knows her stuff and does a thorough exam but I would not recommend her to anyone. You shouldn't leave a doctor's appointment feeling like you've been punched in the gut. She kept me waiting for almost 40 minutes and then when the exam was over left without saying anything. I waited an exam room by myself for 5 minutes before giving up and leaving.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

She is everything that is wrong with U.S. Healthcare; I went for a consultation on a pilonidal cyst, after about 20-30 minutes of her looking at it, it was deemed not necessary for surgery, small enough that it could go away eventually on its own. 2 weeks later, got a bill for just over $200, when I looked up my insurance, they billed them $600 but Aetna has discounted rates so it was around $400, my insurance covered half, I paid the rest... $400 for a consultation? Yep, this type of healthcare is why we are where we are, just pathetic.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Very rude doctor! Avoid her.....she is terrible! Can't believe she feels it necessary to talk to people the way she does! Very sad!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Schluender gave me back my life, performing two major surgeries this year. The first to remove a large polyp from my colon, the second to repair a severe rectal prolapse. I lived with these progressively worsening problems for at least two years. The pain from the prolapse was so bad that I had to be homebound and required aides for the last year. Immediately after her second surgery, ALL pain and a related problem disappeared! I healed much more quickly than expected and I will forever be grateful to Dr.Schluender. She is not only one of the best colorectal surgeons in the USA,(search online) but is obviously intelligent and knowledgable, kind and extra caring. Her questioning of me at my first visit was the most appropriate I have ever experienced from a physician. She is SHARP. No pun intended! I would recommend Dr.Schluender for severe rectal prolapse surgery without any hesitation. Her assistant and office staff are great too, just some minor glitches.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

My husband and I were fortunate enough to have Dr. Schluender care for our daughter over the course of the past year. Our daughter has ulcerative colitis and needed to have her colon removed. She had other complications that affected the procedure, resulting in several hospital stays. Dr. Schluender went above and beyond her requirements as a doctor, including coming in during the middle of the night to sit for hours poring over test results and calling in other needed specialists, to find out what was going on with our daughter. Her knowledge and compassion for her patients is evident from the moment you meet her. We have the utmost regard for Dr. Schluedner. My daughter loves her dearly as does the rest of our family. We have yet to meet a doctor like her and would recommend her to anyone needing colorectal surgery.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2012

Dr. Schluender was very kind and comforting during a very scary time, she gave my family and I hope. She was always available to answer any questions.Her assistant was amazing and very knowledgeable,THANK YOU BOTH for everything, you always eased my anxiety and Thank you Amanda for taking so much time and being there to comfort me taking time out of your evening calling me at 4:50 and never rushing me off the phne because it was 5pm as so many others so. you both are angels.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

She may or may not be a good doctor, I've given up and won't find out. She and her staff are the literal opposite of punctual. I had an appointment that they chose the day and time, I arrived early and was told that I was "late". I waited one hour to see the "doctor" and then had to make another appointment at her reqest. Arrived early for that appointment to be told by the staff that she wasn't there and that they had called me. When I checked my messages at home they had called 10 minutes before the appointment time and left no message. This office does not care about patients, only about money. Avoid them unless you are retired and hove nothing else to do.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Dr. Stefanie J. Schluender's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1999)