Ratings for Dr. Isaac Glatstein

Dr Glatstein is completely condescending. He comes off with a sickeningly sweet demeanor which you find out later is completely fake. The worst thing that I encountered with Dr Glatstien is that he is not a man of his word. He should not be trusted. He betrayed my confidence and what was worse, he wouldn't even sit down and discuss what happened with me. He wouldn't return my phone calls, and had his staff call me to advise me of my next steps. He is quite the coward, not a man at all... I have found another Dr. that has since helped me get through this. It was devastating at the time, and Dr. Glatstein could have cared less. I think his words were " he didn't have time for this ". All I can say is that I don't think he is a very nice person, or a very good judge of character based on the choice of people he has working as staff. They might be worse than he is .

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

My husband and I began our fertility journey in February of 2012 after trying for a year to get pregnant with no luck. At the time, IVF New England was called RSC (Reproductive Science Center) of New England. Funny as it may sound, I heard an advertisement on the radio and took it as a sign that I should give them a call. It was the best decision I have ever made. We met with Dr. Isaac Glatstein in Lexington, MA for an initial consultation and immediately felt hope. From the very start, he was up-front, honest, but most of all, optimistic. Dr. Glatstein took the necessary measures with my initial fertility testing, explaining each test in detail and leaving plenty of time to ask questions during every visit. Unknown to me, I had something called “diminished ovarian reserve” which makes it very hard for me to produce a significant amount of eggs to achieve a pregnancy. However, through Dr. Glatstein’s expertise, we achieved an IVF pregnancy the following February and had a happy and healthy daughter in October. We started trying for baby #2 when our daughter was just 8 months old because we were fearful that if too much time had passed my egg supply would be significantly more diminished. At that time, we had moved and geographically wanted to be somewhere closer to our home out of convenience. So in May of 2015, we had an initial consult at Fertility Centers of New England in Reading, MA. Because I had such an amazing and positive experience at IVF New England, I was able to compare the doctor expertise and treatment plans and with that of Dr. Glatstein’s plan for me. While at Fertility Centers of New England, I was told that I should give up hope and that the possibility of having a second child with fertility treatment was less than 2%. I reluctantly started a cycle there in August of 2015 and it had to be cancelled mid-way because I was not responding to the meds. Besides this, I never felt hopeful with the doctors and staff there, so I left. Although a further distance from our house, I went back to IVF New England and Dr. Glatstein. Immediately, we were welcomed back with open arms, and I was hopeful and optimistic again. IVF New England had a completely different vibe and approach than that of Fertility Centers of New England. The team of nurses at IVF New England made my treatment a priority and treated me so kindly and professionally at each visit and with each phone call. Once we met with Dr. Glatstein he had a plan for me, and it worked! Just 3 months after I was told I had a less than 2% chance of getting pregnant through IVF, my husband and I got pregnant in November 2015 with our second child. I honestly do not go through a day and not think of Dr. Glatstein and what he has done for me and my family. If it were not for his knowledge for my specific needs and most of all, his optimism and hope I would not have achieved either of my pregnancies. There are no words to describe how thankful we are for Dr. Glatstein and the never-ending hope he gave us. He's absolutely amazing!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

We started seeing Dr. Glatstein in 2011 where we underwent several IUI and a couple of IVF treatments. It was a painstaking journey but Dr. Glatstein and the staff was very supportive and very helpful along the way. going above and beyond with the care they provide to patients like me. I had a successful IVF treatment in 2012 and now have a healthy 18-month old baby boy we've been longing to have in our lives. IVF New England, especially Dr. Glatstein and his team, made our dream of becoming parents a reality. After 2 years, I came back to have a frozen embryo transfer under Dr. Glatstein's team, and recently found out I am pregnant again! I can't thank them enough for all the help they provided me. It was overall a wonderful experience working with Dr. Glatstein and his team. As a matter of fact, I also recommended him to one of my friends who has been facing the same challenge me and my husband are going through, and got pregnant too last year and now have a healthy 9-month-old baby girl. Thank you again Dr. Glatstein and your team and everybody at IVF New England! To whoever reading this, you will never regret being under Dr. Glatstein's care. I am a living proof.

Submitted January 6, 2015

Amazing Doctor the best of the best! Bed side manners superb. Very knowledgable

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

There are no words to explain and/or describe my gratitude for Dr. Glatstein, his staff, and IVF New England in general. He made our dream of becoming parents come true, as our two year old daughter is absolutely amazing! From our first meeting, we felt comfortable with him. He explained everything thoroughly and was always there if we had further questions. I can remember him calling to check in on me after various procedures, which I always thought was a great gesture. It meant a lot to have that follow up and dialogue. His nursing staff is amazing! I always tended to hear from the same nurses and became quite familiar with them. Some day, I hope to meet these women, with whom helped guide me through, what is mostly likely, the most daunting journey one can go through. My appreciation for them has no measure, they are amazing and answered all my questions. There was no frustration when I would call back for clarity; only cheerful, "happy to help" tones, which is most appreciated during this time. IVF New England, as a whole, has been a great experience. From the girls who constantly took my blood, to the retrieval and transfer staff, to the receptionist. Every single person we came in contact with, was super friendly, warm and a joy to have met. Even when trying for a second baby, after a handful of attempts that failed, I wasn't discouraged with Dr. Glatstein, his team, and/or the clinic, ever. Now, cut to a fresh cycle, I am 8 weeks pregnant and hope this will be another successful pregnancy. However, even that's not the plan for us, I can assure you, we will go back and continue this journey, with Dr. Glatstein and his team, no questions asked. Thank you Dr. Glatstein, Thank You Nursing Team, Thank You IVF New England!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Disorganized team. we received poor care. One of the IVF cylce turned in miscarriage. He never cared to call for 2 months. During our follow up appt., we had questions as we never got to speak with him until this appointment. He told us that our 30min time is up and walked us out. I would not recommend anyone.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

I can't say enough good things about Dr Glatstein. My husband and I were having trouble getting pregnant. I was nervous about going through the testing and treatments, but he made the process easier than expected. He was there every step of the way and would reach out by phone to see how I was doing even after the nurses had already followed up. He is kind and really cares about his patients. The rest of the RSC staff is wonderful. They are always so friendly and make you feel comfortable. My husband and I started our testing in February and were pregnant by August. I would recommend Dr Glatstein to anyone seeking fertility treatments. I wish I could give him 10 stars!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

We were referred to Dr. Glatstein by a friend of my husband at his work after they had a wonderful experience at RSC with Dr. Glatstein. We were not disappointed! From the moment we first met the doctor, he was attentive, knowledgeable and very attuned to our concerns. Although our treatment course took longer than we had expected, Dr. Glatstein and his staff were by our side every step of the way and went above and beyond in terms of explaining procedures, possible side effects and complications and checking in on me to make sure I was ok. I am now 6 months pregnant, expecting a baby boy, and we could not be more thrilled with our care with Dr. Glatstein and his team.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

We found our care under Dr. Glatstein to be very disappointing, and ended up transferring to another doctor at RSC. While Dr. Glatstein was friendly on our first visit, the care he and his nursing team provided was inconsistent, disorganized, and perfunctory. The RSC model is that they do not pick up the phone, a nurse (often a different one each time) calls you back after you leave a message. The lack of organization on Dr. Glatstein's team led to many communication errors, two (of many) for example were: one nurse said she would call in prescriptions to one pharmacy but that never happened and after I called back to have the prescriptions called in again another nurse called in but to a different pharmacy and didn't tell me the change; and, after some side effects to one drug one month Dr. Glatstein prescribed another name brand that the nurses then called back to say my insurance would not cover and my cycle would be cancelled if they put in a prescription for that drug. The lack of organization and inconsistent messaging from Dr. Glatstein and his team led me to constantly question whether I could trust the care I was receiving. I also felt the care from Dr. Glatstein and his team was quite perfunctory - despite his being 30+ minutes late to our intake appointments, we were ushered out the door without having time for our questions to be addressed at the end of the allotted time for our appointments. Overall, we felt that Dr. Glatstein was not interested in having us as patients, and were very happy we switched to another provider at RSC.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2014