Ratings for Dr. Iain Murray

Extremely painful colonoscopy. Despite being in obvious distress, Dr tripled the sedative instead of stopping the procedure. I recall the nurse telling me to calm down. Totally unethical and I will never go back!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

My father received a colonoscopy from this physician's clinic. He had a good experience but as a physician myself I was surprised to hear about a $50 charge for administrative duties that he was asked to pay. I understand this at a family physician's clinic if they are doing a number of non-OHIP services. However, OHIP pays very well for colonoscopies and I can't imagine many patients needing additional "administrative duties" that would be outside of OHIP-covered services - I find this a money grab.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Poor bedside manner. No follow up. Colonoscopy was very painful for the second time. Will not return!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I have been his patient for over 5 years because of a chronic problem. As a result of his disinterest and poor care I almost died. My problem would have been obvious to him if he paid attention. My GP will no longer refer patients to him. If your issue is serious do not put yourself at risk with this man. He is not competent, not interested in solving problems and not a good doctor.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Lots of bad reviews here, but in my case the colonoscopy went fine and he was very nice and gentle.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

The receptionst was lovely, nice and kind. Dr. Murray is very cold--rude and not really interested in answering questions. He assumes that you know everything when you arrive for your consultation. His manner is curt and cold(lacks empathy/concern) and he doesn't take into consideration that one might be nervous in the first place. He talks at you not to you. I told him that he was rude and he was a tad nicer but not much.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

A man of few words - appears to resent questions - displays little interest in his patients - office staff disorganized regarding setting up tests at the hospital - no follow through from staff - an uncaring group of people. God help you if you are really sick.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

This was my first colonoscopy since I turned 50 this year. Dr. Murray and his team of nurses were professional, thorough and reassuring throughout my whole colonoscopy experience. The procedure is well explained on his website (www.gutsmart.com) along with instructions arriving in the mail. The procedure itself was a non-event and very professional throughout. The doctor even drove me home afterwards. Now that is customer service! I might even rate him on tripadvisor...See you in 10 years!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Unfortunately, my experience was not positive. Dr. Murray was limited in his advice to my treatment. He recommended that I take meds for the rest of my life for my esophageal problems and I can't accept that. A second opinion gave me hope and an alternative, as did a dietitian. I also found him to be a poor listener, interrupting and lacking in empathy.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014