You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Iain Murray

The receptionst was lovely, nice and kind. Dr. Murray is very cold--rude and not really interested in answering questions. He assumes that you know everything when you arrive for your consultation. His manner is curt and cold(lacks empathy/concern) and he doesn't take into consideration that one might be nervous in the first place. He talks at you not to you. I told him that he was rude and he was a tad nicer but not much.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

A man of few words - appears to resent questions - displays little interest in his patients - office staff disorganized regarding setting up tests at the hospital - no follow through from staff - an uncaring group of people. God help you if you are really sick.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

This was my first colonoscopy since I turned 50 this year. Dr. Murray and his team of nurses were professional, thorough and reassuring throughout my whole colonoscopy experience. The procedure is well explained on his website (www.gutsmart.com) along with instructions arriving in the mail. The procedure itself was a non-event and very professional throughout. The doctor even drove me home afterwards. Now that is customer service! I might even rate him on tripadvisor...See you in 10 years!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Unfortunately, my experience was not positive. Dr. Murray was limited in his advice to my treatment. He recommended that I take meds for the rest of my life for my esophageal problems and I can't accept that. A second opinion gave me hope and an alternative, as did a dietitian. I also found him to be a poor listener, interrupting and lacking in empathy.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I was referred by my Cardiologist to Dr Lain Murray a few months ago. I was very nervous about this procedure until I went to consultation session first with Dr Murray. The consultation I had it gave me enough information about the procedure; therefore @ the time of this procedure I knew exactly what will be the steps. I had my Colonoscopy 2 week ago by Dr Murray. Before the Colonoscopy I met 2 nurses that both were very nice and they explained very steps. Dr Murray was so professional, knowing well the procedure. I only remember I woke up very comfortable and was look like nothing happened. When I looked 2 my watch I noticed the procedure was exact the amount of time they promised! Fast, easy and comfortable. It is only 10 days after this process I received a call directly from Dr Murray about the result. Happy ending! I 100 % refer Dr Lain Murray to anyone. Isabelle Dastranj

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I just had a colonoscopy yesterday and cannot say enough positive comments about Dr. Murray and the Intestinal Institute. The staff were wonderful, attentive and very caring. Dr. Murray was very calming, efficient and knowledgeable. He was informative and professional before, during and after the procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Murray and his clinic should you need any of these procedures done.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

As a patient of many years I have found Dr Murray always very professional, informative, and knowledgeable. He is personable, has a good sense of humour. His nursing staff are efficient, capable and thoroughly prepared. Patients are treated with respect and closely monitored post procedure.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

I have seen Dr Murray for 3 times for 2 different types of procedures and have never had a problem. I would rate his attitude and knowledge as first rate and would have no problem seeing him again. His staff are very helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2012

Excellent doctor, very professional and helpful. I had a gastroscopy and a colonoscopy. He reassured me about the sedation that I was concerned about and everything went well. I would certainly recommend him

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Dr. Iain Murray's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "The receptionst was lovely, nice and kind. Dr. Murray is very cold--rude and not really interested in answering questions. He assumes that you know everything ..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "A man of few words - appears to resent questions - displays little interest in his patients - office staff disorganized regarding setting up tests at the hospit..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This was my first colonoscopy since I turned 50 this year. Dr. Murray and his team of nurses were professional, thorough and reassuring throughout my whole colo..."

September 16, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.gutsmart.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "L3P0" to "L3P 8E1". Address has been updated from "None" to "8312 McCowan Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19059471203".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Unfortunately, my experience was not positive. Dr. Murray was limited in his advice to my treatment. He recommended that I take meds for the rest of my life f..."

September 30, 2014
  • Specialty changed from "Internist" to "Gastroenterologist"

July 3, 2012
  • City changed from "Oakville" to "Markham"

July 3, 2012
  • City changed from "Markham" to "Oakville"

April 9, 2012