Ratings for Dr. Iain Murray

I am astonished at the negative reviews. As an individual with a chronic inflammatory bowel disease, I have been a patient of Dr. Murray for almost 20 years. He has always been willing to make time for me, answer my questions and at one time even went to battle with my insurance company to ensure I had full drug coverage. He has done many, many colonoscopies on me, and though they are never going to be pleasant, they are as efficient and pain free as he is capable of making them. As well, his staff are warm and relaxed which is very comforting in an uncomfortable situation. In addition to being an excellent doctor, he is also in possession of a delightfully dry sense of humor that makes me look forward to my appointments. I have decided that my disease must cure itself before he retires, as I dread having to go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

He is so brutal, he treated me like I was wasting his time and all but rushed me out of his office. He gave me meds that almost made me want to die I was in so much pain after he said they are no side effects. He made me so uncomfortable, I will never go back to him ever again. He treated me like I was unworthy of the five minutes he gave me. I don't understand how a doctor like this can get a positive review from anyone unless it is fake.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

This guy has a God complex. He's a real piece of work. He is rude, arrogant and pompous. He deserves the same treatment he gives his patients. Complete disrespect. I believe who ever wrote the positive notes probably came from him and his staff are probably correct. The receptionist is a lovely person with a very personable personality who seems to care about people. The doctor should hang up his white coat and his God complex. I hope they take his licence away from him. He should not be a practicing doctor. I love the comment that his bedside manner is colder than a bed pan. Hope he knows what it's like to be sick one day and be treated the way he treats people. Good luck with Karma . Murray you don't deserve the title Dr. or even Mr.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Overall a great experience - as far as colonoscopies go anyway. It was my actually my first colonoscopy, so I had no idea what to expect. Although it wasn't a pleasant experience, I have to say that it was painless and very efficient. I've never had a doctor's appointment where the timing was so precise - like clockwork with incredible efficiency. The receptionist, nurses and Dr. Murray himself, were all professional and made the whole experience manageable considering the nature of the procedure. One final note: the humor of Dr. Murray's recommendations in preparation for a colonoscopy was a nice touch and certainly made me think more lightly of situation. Great Job Dr. Murray and team - although I'm happy not to have to see yo for another 10 years.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Extremely painful colonoscopy. Despite being in obvious distress, Dr tripled the sedative instead of stopping the procedure. I recall the nurse telling me to calm down. Totally unethical and I will never go back!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

My father received a colonoscopy from this physician's clinic. He had a good experience but as a physician myself I was surprised to hear about a $50 charge for administrative duties that he was asked to pay. I understand this at a family physician's clinic if they are doing a number of non-OHIP services. However, OHIP pays very well for colonoscopies and I can't imagine many patients needing additional "administrative duties" that would be outside of OHIP-covered services - I find this a money grab.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Poor bedside manner. No follow up. Colonoscopy was very painful for the second time. Will not return!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I have been his patient for over 5 years because of a chronic problem. As a result of his disinterest and poor care I almost died. My problem would have been obvious to him if he paid attention. My GP will no longer refer patients to him. If your issue is serious do not put yourself at risk with this man. He is not competent, not interested in solving problems and not a good doctor.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Lots of bad reviews here, but in my case the colonoscopy went fine and he was very nice and gentle.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

The receptionst was lovely, nice and kind. Dr. Murray is very cold--rude and not really interested in answering questions. He assumes that you know everything when you arrive for your consultation. His manner is curt and cold(lacks empathy/concern) and he doesn't take into consideration that one might be nervous in the first place. He talks at you not to you. I told him that he was rude and he was a tad nicer but not much.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015