Ratings for Dr. Iain Murray

Don't ever trust this man!! I almost died and suffered unbelievable horrors because of him. I first had cancer and surgery in 2011. i was doing my due diligence and going for my colonoscopy every year for 5 years. then in 201`4 h told me the protocol had changed com back in 3 yearsDr. Murray, I don’t have the words to express how angry I am at you for your decision and the provincial government for their cuts to healthcare. I had my first surgery for colon cancer in 2011. Thanks to early detection by a colonoscopy in your office, my life was saved. I was doing my due diligence by going every year to get my annual colonoscopy which was supposed to be done once a year for 5 years. I went in 2012 and21013. Th biggest mistake of my life Was to decide to get my annual colonoscopy back at your office in Jan.2014 the you then informed me that the protocol had changed. I was refused the colonoscopy and you told to return in 3 years. You later said that the decision to change the protocol was based on studies saying it was no longer necessary. LET’S NOT KIDD OURSELVES THE motivation for the government to change the protocol was based on saving money! Like a soldier following orders he knows is wrong you were complicit with the government’s decision to change the protocol. When I returned in 3 years so had the cancer and because I hadn’t been tested or so long, the cancer had spread. Then began a year of horrors, much loss and suffering for me and my family I had the surgery again to remove it and then was told I had to go on chemotherapy for six months. Very shortly after I Started Chemo, I developed a pulmonary embolism, blood clots in both lungs. I was old I had to take 2 injections a day of heparin for six months. The drug cost $1600 a month. The surgery cost many thousands. My last chemo treatment in August gave me a stroke that put me into a coma for 2 weeks. I came as close to dying as you can get. during that time my wife received a call from the hospital asking if they could revive me and put me on life support. When I came to, I was told that During that time I had had some very serious seizures some lasting a half AN HOUR. I was in the hospital for another 2 months. When I was finally sent to rehab, I could not walk and could not even tie my shoes the personal costs were staggering. Because someone in the government wanted to save a few bucks on testing me and my family had a year ripped out of our lives and were put through hell. Where were the savings? For the cost of a few colonoscopies, the healthcare system had to spend many thousands of dollars on my surgery, many CT scans, long hospital stays and drugs. My life is still upside down. Every day is a struggle, the combination of post chemo fatigue and post stroke fatigue has been crippling. I can’t even drive to the bank or the food store because my license was taken away because of the seizures. Because of the brain injury caused by the stroke There are still many things I can’t do. To add insult to injury, I was billed for many thousands more to cover my hospital and rehab stays There is no amount of money that could compensate me and my family for the horrors and loss that we suffered . I am asking you to do one thing, get together with your friend’s in the field and as hard and as fast as you can, work to Restore the protocol so that anyone who has had cancer be tested a minimum of once a year for five years. No doubt about it, the human costs are far less expensive. I don’t want this to happen to anyone else, ever again!! Paul Kahnert he never had the courage to answer my letter

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

I've been a patient of Dr. Murrays for 20 years. BEST DOCTOR EVER!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I took my family doctors word for it that Doctor Ian Murray would help my boyfriend receive care for his 2 years worth of ongoing stomach issues. We had an appointment to have a scope done with doctor Ian Murray when we got to the office on march 1st 2018 I was in so much relief that my boyfriend may finally get some answers. As we sat in the waiting room we noticed he took someone in without an appointment, which ended up making our appointment a half an hour late( I'm use to waiting for doctors don't get me wrong) but we got there an hour early to be sure we had everything ready, and got there on time as we were coming from Ajax. He told us "you are very early" (my first clue that let me know dr Ian Murray is not a professional). Then he took in the girl with no appointment, she came in and brought him a vegetable tray and he let her in his room before his patients with an actual appointment at that time. When it was our turn to go in he asks us what has been going on, we tell him about the severe stomach pain my boyfriend has continued to have and we finally got this scope appointment and we told him how he fasted 24 hours prior to the visit as he was told, Dr Ian Murray told us that he has never told a patient that before and has no idea why my boyfriend would've fasted the night before. He didn't receive the scope appointment that day, he made us go home and wait 3 months for the scope. The next day (today) March 2nd 2018, I called Dr murrays office and asked why he was told to fast 24 hours prior and that he is in pain and needs the scope appointment as soon as possible. The receptionist called me back and told me Dr. Ian Murray will not be helping my boyfriend, I now am reading all the previous ratings he has been given. I can see that he is a lousy doctor who doesn't care for any of his patients. If something happens to my boyfriend it will be on you Dr Ian Murray for the rest of your life. Please do yourself a favour and never go here.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

I just had my third colonoscopy by Dr Murray at the intestinal health institute and for the third time I found the entire staff along with Dr Murray extremely helpful and friendly not to mention professional The unfavorable remarks I read here surprise me I’ve noticed Dr Murray talking to other patients while I have been lying in the “hospital” bed waiting for my turn and again he is friendly and professional. He also will take the time to hear your questions and answer them. I have and will continue to recommend this place.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Not likeable, often insulting, poor attitude, recommended against surgery when surgery was the required solution. In my experience, a disinterested man.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Second visit. I reconnected after 6 years (after losing track of my regular GP for a referral) So I was needing to get back there and my fault for not having done so a few years ago. The receptionist, Kim, Sarah, and Michelle were the most pleasant team of professionals along with Dr Iain. Doc was kind and patient enough to spend time explaining various consequences of holding off coming it. I will heed his word and noted my next appointment in 5 years. Thank you to the entire staff of this truly professional experienced team! Well done.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Very knowledgeable doctor who helped me understand my problem clearly.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

Just dreadful. I have never met such an unprofessional and rude medical professional. Horrible bedside manner and utterly disgusting disregard of human emotions and experience. What a disgrace! How is he still practicing? He talks down to people, will not consider other opinions and rarely gears you out. He really enjoys talking over people and trying to demonstrate his "kmowledge". Dr.Murray is arrogant and should lose his license for his complete ignorance around how to be respectful to another human being. Please don't waste your time with this man. He is not a nice person.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I am astonished at the negative reviews. As an individual with a chronic inflammatory bowel disease, I have been a patient of Dr. Murray for almost 20 years. He has always been willing to make time for me, answer my questions and at one time even went to battle with my insurance company to ensure I had full drug coverage. He has done many, many colonoscopies on me, and though they are never going to be pleasant, they are as efficient and pain free as he is capable of making them. As well, his staff are warm and relaxed which is very comforting in an uncomfortable situation. In addition to being an excellent doctor, he is also in possession of a delightfully dry sense of humor that makes me look forward to my appointments. I have decided that my disease must cure itself before he retires, as I dread having to go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

He is so brutal, he treated me like I was wasting his time and all but rushed me out of his office. He gave me meds that almost made me want to die I was in so much pain after he said they are no side effects. He made me so uncomfortable, I will never go back to him ever again. He treated me like I was unworthy of the five minutes he gave me. I don't understand how a doctor like this can get a positive review from anyone unless it is fake.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017