Ratings for Dr. Niel Smit

Dr. Smit has been my doctor for 10 years. I find him to be very thorough in my care.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

The worst Dr I have ever met. Not just bad but dangerous. Should have his license revoked and be sued into the poor house.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

He's not very good. Very stubborn and can't be told anything. Has a big ego as well.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Dr. Smit is a fantastic doctor. He is exceptionally caring and goes the extra mile to ensure you are happy and healthy. We are fortunate to have had him as our primary care physician for the past nine years.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

He is fantastic at his job very very caring his staff are fantastic as well always happy !!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I think Dr. Smit was a good Doctor but he is now too busy to really care about each patient. He spends most of his time going to the lodges and very seldom has time for people during regular office hours. He is probably winding down to retirement. His main receptionist make you feel like she is doing you a favour giving you an appointment.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

Dr Smit doesn't take time to read your file or remember who you are. I found him presumptuous, making assumptions about me and stating them in a matter-of-fact way, and he also has blanket ideas of what medication/ treatment people should use, refusing to respect your own choice as the patient accepting the meds/ treatment. I found him dismissive of my husband, who was there at visits, and dismissive of concerns I had. I would not recommend this doctor - on the whole I found him arrogant, set in his ways and that he does not listen. We changed doctor to one over an hour's drive away, who DOES listen, care and respect our feelings, choices and concerns.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

We are fortunate to have Dr Smit in our area. He is thorough, attentive, and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, as with most doctors these days, it is becomming more difficult to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Excallent doctor...as good as you can get. We have absolute confidence in Dr. Smit.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Dr.Smit is a really great doctor he makes sure that you are going to get well and that everything is okay. He makes sure that you are well and that nothing is wrong and when there is something that has to be done because of your health he makes sure that it is done

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011