Ratings for Dr. Thur Wang

We had our son in the ER 4 times this month for his 2 broken arms. We saw Dr. Wang 3 of the times and every time he was very kind and made my son feel way better. He even remembered him every time. He joked around while taking care of him and seemed very knowledgable. He really made a difficult time much easier.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I went into emergency after passing out while making dinner for Christmas . Lost all feelings in my arms and my headache was beyond painful. I have nerve damage ect caused by prior injury and am on alot of meds of course all prescribed by a physician . Dr Wong came in the room after we had been waiting three hours already . He was rude and ignorant to us when we told him what had happened. He blamed my medication ..what doctor would put me on that ...told him it was the doctors in Sexsmith ...well he got all huffy and I just started to cry my eyes out , in pain I just wanted some help .My husband tried talking to him , Dr Wong refused to listen..my husband got up and move three feet from his chair straight to me to comfort me , Dr Wong jumped back " oh I feel threatened , you are going hurt me " .My husband said "are you joking I am just trying to comfort my wife , look at her ". Dr Wong just left " I am worried for my safety , you are not dying of cancer see you later " There was no threat , just complete frustration at a Dr. who would not listen at all...no compassion . I think it Dr. like this draining our healthcare system . Needs to be more accountability , from all the reviews I have read on here I am not the only one who has had a bad time .

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

Took my daughter in to emerg for several related issues. Dr Wang couldn't b bothered to hear us out regarding our concerns and kept re-iterating that he's the Dr and he doesn't see any issues, refusing to do simple testing. When we asked for a strep test (related to one of our concerns) he declined. When we insisted he said he'd "have a nurse do it" dismissively and condescendingly. When the nurse came in she advised us that they had consulted the pediatrician who wanted several tests done and wanted to see us again in the morning. Dr Wang didn't even talk to us again or admit he'd been wrong. The only saving grace were the amazing nurses in emerg.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

I had dr wang for my er doctor concerns with a large red bump , and I was loosing feeling in my leg, I'm also pregnant , he percribed me something I was deadly allergic to and told me to try it out after, I told him my reactions to the medication was. He was very rude & he kept interrupting me. I waited for 4 & 1/2 hours to hear nothing & now my leg is worse then yesterday. Never again will I go there to see that doctor.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

Told me there was nothing wrong with my wrist in ER, pushed and pushed for a 2nd opinion and am now getting surgery. This guy is notorious for not treating patients properly.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr. Wang was my Dr. for several years and I was quite satisfied with his diagnostic abilities until I started seeing another Dr. who to me is much, much better than Dr. Wang. Dr. Wang closed his office in Jan 2011 and failed to notify any patients. When I eventually found a new Dr. he faxed several requests to Dr. Wang to have my records transferred, but to the best of my knowledge he never responded in any way to the requests. I took it upon myself to try to get my records so I personally mailed a request to him. I never heard anything back so in desperation contacted the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons. They have been trying to get my records sent ot me for over a year now with no positive results. Dr. Wang's wife has promised me several times that I would have my records "by the end of the month" but that has never happened. My new Dr. is 10 times better than Dr. Wang. He is very thorough and explains everything in clear, precise terms. I'm glad Wang closed his office!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

A most wonderful doctor! He was extremely helpful and friendly. I am very grateful to have had him :)

flag | Submitted December 25, 2011

Since January his office has not been opem, even when it was open it was only open once a week. When you do call his office the message states to go to the Hospital, in Emergency, to see him. It takes about 4-5 hours in Emercgency just to get to talk to him, than another hour waiting to be dismissed. My fatherinlaw is a heart patient and can't take the time out of work to go sit in an emergency room for 6 hours just to get presciptions. This is absurd for any of his patients who are on meds. Not only are alot of his patients frustrated, you can't get another Doctor in GP if you have a family doctor already, but so are the pharmacies in this town. The reason he does work out of emergency is because he makes more money. Shows where his values lie when it comes to patients needs, like many doctors out there.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

My 17yr son was admittned to the ER with an obvious concussion. The boy could not walk and was clearly out of it.I was told he did not have a concussion because he did not lose consciousness (my son did not know if he did) and he answered all the questions asked (although very slurred and slowly).He did not even give him a physical examination.We were told we could go home. Luckily we had a wonderful nurse who thouroughly examined him and called Wang back and expressed her concerns. As the night progressed his condition worsened and in the end Wang ended up sending him for a ct scan and he spent the night in the hospital.7 months later he is still suffering the effects. I have no medical training and could have provided better care. Terrible, terrible Doctor.!!!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010