Ratings for Dr. Abraham Alexander

Referred to this great doctor by the Quadra Village Clinic. I am alive today because of him.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Absolutely horrible experience with this guy. Was rude, condescending , and became very angry and stormed out of the room when I did not succumb to his demands. Very controlling, arrogant and I have nothing good to say about this guy. I ended up reporting him to the College for his insolence and impropriety. At no time did he treat me with respect and dignity. I was so dissatisfied with this over aggressive pathological control freak that I asked to be assigned to another radiation oncologist. Just a terrible experience!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Our very first meeting with him was amazing.we came out of his office lighthearted and very very hopeful!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr ALEXANDER for a relatively short time and I must say he is very very good. He lays out the situation, options, possible side effects, probabilities of outcomes which for me made all the difference, treatment followed promptly and I feel so much more confident that I've taken the right decisions. His quiet demeanour and forthrightness were (and still are) hallmarks of his relationship with my wife and myself. Cudos!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr. Alexander has gained my respect. He has been my Oncologist since I started my journey with advanced prostate cancer in 2007. He listens to my questions and concerns and supports my glass half full attitude. We both know that this cancer at this time has no cure. He indicates that it is the health care community's job to keep me going and have me die from something else. I fully support this concept! Stay tuned...

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Dr. Alexander and his staff were excellent. They made me feel at ease and answered all of my questions in language I could understand.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Alexander saw my husband at his intial visit in Victoria. He was very insulting and condescending. We were still gathering information, and he did not like that we were not just falling in with his treatment plan. Fortunately, he was not my husbands primary oncologist, so we will not see him again.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Dr. Alexander was excellent for me. I was deciding between prostrate surgery and brachytheropy at the time, he explained things extremely well but never pressured me either way. Thanks to him I decided on brachytheropy with excellent success and results. Very knowledgeable, excellent communicator, great manner

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

My mother recently passed away from cancer (I was her advocate) and Dr. Alexander was her oncologist. The family doctor informed us early on that my mom's cancer was terminal, but every time we saw Dr. Alexander he kept saying that she looked good, was in remission, etc. Even when I questioned him and told him that the family doctor said that her condition was terminal, he never came out and said it. He kept filling her with false hope. I realize that a positive outlook is important, but I really feel like he kept us in the dark about how dire her situation and illness really was. It was so hard seeing her face light up when he told her she was looking well, then having to deal with the confusion and sadness when she would get home and realize how sick she actually was. Doctors should by all means be hopeful but also realistic about a patient's prognosis and I feel he wasn't truthful about her situation. Although he was a friendly enough person, I feel let down by his lack of concern.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

Dr. Alexander gave a clear understanding of my condition. He was very reassuring and made sure I understood my options.I highly recommend him. He anwered all my questions.I came out of the appointment with a positive outlook knowing that the future treatments I am about to have will be designed for me personally with care and the best knowledge. Thank you

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011