Ratings for Dr. Tricia A. Shimer

When I first started to see Dr. Shimer, I liked her and the staff. I rarely waited more than 20 minutes for my appointments, and the staff were polite and helpful. Gradually, her office got more busy, the staff changed, and she also seemed busier. During appointments, I noticed she never actually looked at me, but stared at her computer either typing or reading, during the entire visit. She would forget to follow up at the end of the appointment about concerns I had brought up, so I had to always remind her (like referrals, or extra lab tests). Finally, I had a very frustrating health issue that she incorrectly diagnosed. When the treatment was not working, I called the nurse, and the nurse was dismissive of my questions and concerns. I finally went to another doctor and got the correct diagnosis treatment. Fortunately, it was not a serious medical issue, however it was very unpleasant to deal with, and she and her office were completely unhelpful. On top it it, during the last year, I waited over an HOUR for every single appointment. I saw her 4 times and each time, she were late 1-2 hours.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

I started seeing Dr. Shimer on a recommendation and while she was very nice to me yet seemed rushed, she would not even acknowledge my husband in the tiny little room. She would not even look at him unless he spoke to her. He had a few questions for her (being our first pregnancy) and she seemed really annoyed by simple valid questions. She only cared about talking to me which is fine but he clearly wants to be involved otherwise he would not be there. She transferred me to a specialist to deal with multiples/high risk which I was very grateful for. We decided to transfer to another doctor. Another note about the staff. One of the young nurses that came in for scanning the heartbeat told us that the baby was the size of a pea at 12 weeks. Then we wondered just how knowledgable her staff was. Not very comforting.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Dr. Shimer is very knowledgeable and knows the latest stuff. She listens, is compassionate, and explains things so you understand them. Most important I trust Dr. Shimer. I highly recommend her as she is everything I look for in a doctor. Her nurses are also compassionate and friendly. Dr. Shimer and her staff go many extra miles for their patients.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

Very professional and knowledgeable. Has great bedside manners and makes you feel at ease with the entire visit. Would and have recommended her to many friends. Office staff is very efficient along with her nurse. Overall, she it tops!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

Fabulous! Fabulous! I used Dr Shimer for two pregnancies. When I miscarried she was completely comforting and professional. Great bedside manner and completely personable and sincere. Highly recommend her to everyone!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

Excellent Doctor. This was my first pregnancy, and she answered all of my questions and made me feel very much at ease. I highly recommend Dr. Shimer!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2009

She was very wonderful throughout my pregnancy and was very supportive of my decision to have an unmedicated birth. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008