Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Bess

I work at Rehabilitation Hospital. To manage my back pain I was on heavy medication, numerous types of therapies, injections and nerve blocks. When the pain in my back was unbearable I asked the staff who they would trust. One doctor told me my current treatment would never fix my problem and I need to see Dr. Bess name. Other staff concurred as to his abilities. He is friendly and listens to my concerns. He took his time when explaining my MRI so I could understand what was ahead before surgery. He fought with my insurance company as to why inpatient would serve me better than outpatient. Sixty days out from surgery I am walking on my own, better than I have in the past twenty years! Back pain is down 80%, before I would drive to the mail box, now I walk as part of my recovery at a brisk pace with my head up and my back straight. If you have back or neck problems you owe it to yourself the office visit. There is hope and I found it.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

It makes me sad to hear a patient who didn't get recovery, but in the final analysis not all of us are quarenteed a successful outcome. I was one of the lucky ones. Dr. Bess and his office have been at best, considering the reason I am there, a wonderful experience. I have had 3 back surgeries. They have held my hand through all of it and I feel they have done an excelllent job.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

Dr. Bess refuses to return phone calls and has ruined my life, when he did a revision surgery on me and it failed, again Dr. Bess fired me as a patient. Dr, Bess is not in good standing with the Medical Board and keeps very poor records. Although he seems to be a very nice person on the outside, it is all about money with him. After my insurance paid him, over one million in costs like those that, I said he told me to get lost. Since then I have not been able to work and support my family properly. Collecting $675.00 SSI does not pay any bills and a mortgage. I have five children. My wife and I wanted one more child but now our sex life is nothing. I hope Dr, Bess starts to be a little bit more careful in the future with his new patients. I never got a second opinion and that is where I went wrong I put all of my trust in Dr, Bess and lost my life at 50 years old. I am glad to hear that he has helped some people but has harmed me terribly!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Dr. Bess has operated on both my wife and I. We think he is a wonderful and caring man. Between us there have been 4 surgeries. I have recommended people to him also.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Excellent surgeon, excellent staff. Would suggest this office to anyone requiring spinal surgery.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

I don't have a problem with the doctor, but his staff is terrible. I called to retrieve my records, and they were not being very helpful at all, so I stated that they didn't have very good customer skills. They responded "We're not in the customer service business"...obviously.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

Dr. Bess has performed surgery for spinal fusion, a broken ankle and broken arm on me, plus a spinal fusion on my wife. Comprehensive followup, caring attitude, just the best of quality.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

Dr. Robert J. Bess's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Lone Tree, CO