Ratings for Dr. Raymond M. Smith

Dr. Smith was highly rated highly by Best Doctors (an organization that rates Doctors) and I had a most positive outcome with the surgery performed by Dr. Smith. Do not hesitate to go see Dr. Smith and MGH!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

Absolutely horrible doctor. Went to see him following a car accident. I was re-ended had multiple injuries including 5 herniated dics in my spine and one in my neck. Told me to my face I was a liar--that he did not believe I could have gotten the injuries from a rear-end collision with a truck. He then called his Radiologist team at Mass General "incompetents" because he did not agree with MRI findings. He then made up medical history in his notes that never happened. Did not demonstrate sufficent humility to admit he did not understand what several of the findings were: ie Acetabular impingement et. el. Terrible experience and with a horrible unfit doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

I broke my ankle/leg in three places, falling in Burlington Vermont. After a bad experience there, my husband drove me to MassGeneral, giving us time to find out about doctors on the way. Dr. Smith had been highly recommended. And he was wonderful!!! He gave me the best medical care, had great bedside manner, compassionate, made a very bad situation pleasant. He operated to put in a plate and many screws; and took them out seven months later after they had done their job. I didn't think that I'd ever walk without a limp, but a year later, I was completely back to my old self. I couldn't recommend him more highly.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

Dr. Raymond M. Smith's Credentials

• Univ Of Leeds, Sch Of Med, Leeds, England (352-05 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1979)

Ameritas