Ratings for Dr. Tena E. Murphy

Dr. Murphy is one of the kindest and compassionate physicians I have met. She is very thorough and listens to her patients. She does not order unnecessary tests but is quick to order those needed when there is a problem. Dr. Murphy happened to be the physician on call when my sister was seen in the ER at a local hospital and sent home twice, the last time with a pain killer that essentially rendered her unable to function. When Dr. Murphy read the EKG she immediately instructed the hospital to have my sister brought back because she was the only one who recognized the long QT wave on the test. She has taken care of me for years and is always informative and I feel like I am in "good hands".

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

Dr. Murphy is outstanding. As a cardiologist myself, I personally chose her to provide care for my parents (both of whom have heart disease) as I am out of state and can't do it myself. I've known her for 20+ years since med school and trust her implicitly. I'm unsure how the evaluation below has merit.. If one is overweight, how does that reflect negatively on the physician who informs them that this is a significant risk factor for future health problems. I would prefer a doc who is fact based with me.. And I know Dr. Murphy to be that kind of physician.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Dr Teena tells it like it is. She saved me from a heart attack with early, thorough diagnosis, including very good descriptions and graphics of the problem. The precedure of inserting two stents was painless and very interesting to watch while it was happening. Imagine, a fine, hollow wire inserted in my groin, then going all the way to my left ventricle where they inserted a couple of titanium spring-like gizmos that were expanded with tiny balloons. This opened up an artery to let blood flow again. It all happened exactly like she described. Follow-ups are always on time and thorough and fun. The recommendations are explicit, no-nonsense and they work. I wish all medical people were this professional. But why do we allow insurance companies to scam us the way they do?

flag | Submitted April 9, 2007

Hey, has anyone ever heard of bedside manners????? And by the way, does everything have to be because you are too fat? My insurance and I paid Dr. Murphy I don't know how much for me to walk into her office and for her to tell me something that I all ready knew! I am too fat. Gee. Let's see here. I got up that morning, looked in the mirror at myself and can you imagine what I saw? How mutch education does it take to see something so obvious?

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

Dr. Tena E. Murphy's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Little Rock, AR