Ratings for Dr. Steven Brooks

It is an ER so unless you are in seriously bad shape you are going to wait, but that is to be expected. Dr Brooks was great at explaining what he was going to do and why, lots of information and feedback, before sending us on our way with a referral set up for the next day. Just the kind of service you want.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

I recently went to the ER at Sunnybrook, because I was going through withdrawal from alcohol and codeine. I was very scared and anxious, and very ashamed over my situation. Dr. Brooks and his assistants made me feel much calmer, and they were completely nonjudgmental. They said they would take good care of me, try to relax, and we'll get you through this. I wound up staying in the hospital for a week. But I had been so nervous about how I would be personally treated because of what I had been doing. Dr. Brooks checked in on me frequently, answered my questions, and listened to everything I said without interruption. I wish I could have him as my GP, because when I admitted everything finally to my own family doctor the day before, disgust was written all over his face, exactly as I feared. I only went to the ER the next day because I felt in crisis. But Dr. Brooks treated me with much respect and dignity. I really appreciated that.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2007